Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
262676.5 in reply to 262676.4
Date: 09/12/2014 17:43:45
Pinhal Novo Magic
Liga Nacional
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, that is why I think if developers remove the GS training, it will make users improve their players, even training FT or stamina.

This Post:
262676.7 in reply to 262676.2
Date: 09/13/2014 02:27:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Here's another possible option - although it may be a bit more complicated

I'd make the gameshape training boost only last for that week. For example, let's say gameshape training boosts a player from respectable to strong gameshape. The following week, prior to the gameshape updating, that boost is deducted, then the new gameshape estimated.

What effect would this have?

This would still allow people to get a short term boost to their gameshape if they have a big game that week, which I think is really what the spirit of the GS training is about. However, gameshape training would not allow you to get away with continually overplaying players - your underlying gameshape would continue to deteriorate, and the short term boost GS training would provide would not cover that.

Just a thought.

On the options you have proposed:

1a and b are probably the most realistic options
2 is never going to happen, and I don't think would fix the issue you describe anyway of people overplaying players and training GS.
I'm not sure 3 would fix the problem either. If you make players easier to train, the market will be flooded with an increased quantity of higher quality players, and thus the price of such players would decrease. If anything, that option could almost help gameshape trainers, who would be able to buy better players for cheaper without training.

Last edited by mllama at 09/13/2014 02:28:58

This Post:
262676.8 in reply to 262676.7
Date: 09/13/2014 10:54:58
Overall Posts Rated:
As I see it, you mean that GS training would seem like Crunch Time or something? Once you use it you have your benefits, but then it's gonna backfire? Seems interesting, can be discussed.

I like things simple: One can train GS 2-4 times per season. He can do it in consecutive weeks or whatever. And of course GS can't be the medicine to everything: After 96 minutes, even picking his one precious GS training can't solve his problems.

I wish a BB could come in here and at least comment my first post whether 3/4 players with 96 minutes played popping in GS is normal or not, whether it's a bug or it needs to be addressed.

This Post:
262676.9 in reply to 262676.1
Date: 09/14/2014 11:59:00
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the simplest and best solution to many of your concerns is to increase the rate of training pops. In my opinion, training is too slow and too expensive. Buying players on the transfer market and team training is an effective and fun strategy. Actually being able to put the best possible team out there and trying to win as much as possible is not a problem that needs to be fixed. The problem seems to be that it is very hard to train and and put a priority on winning at the same time.

Speeding up training is a simple thing to do, and it would make teams that train happy, and at the same time wouldn't upset teams that like to put the best possible team out there as much as they can.

This Post:
262676.10 in reply to 262676.8
Date: 09/14/2014 22:39:51
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, I experimented on giving 100+ minutes to my players before, with massage doctor and game shape training and from experience, it is possible to pop in game shape for a few weeks. However, it is not sustainable as the players eventually drop to average-respectable. Note that this is before bonus game shape for high stamina players was implemented. Sorry but I did not keep a copy of the exact number of minutes and game shapes so I am just recalling from my memory.

This Post:
262676.11 in reply to 262676.1
Date: 09/15/2014 05:01:11
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
They should remove the damn thing completely!

Make it dependent only to minutes management.

This Post:
262676.14 in reply to 262676.12
Date: 09/15/2014 14:49:53
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm completely for keeping at least few weeks of GS training allowed during a season. It's part of the strategy. Some people want to remove FT training, the same is happening for GS training, soon it will be Stamina training. Shot Blocking "should" be trained with Inside Defense. In the end, we will have to chose between IS, ID, JS, OD, Passing and nothing else. People don't want to train FT, then don't. People don't want to use training to keep their GS high, then don't.

I don't train GS because I can keep my GS high via my manage of minutes. At least the game should let me do that. Au contraire, training GS cannot guarrantee good results even if you don't pay attention to minutes.

I didn't open the thread to whine for GS training or to remove it completely. I did that to state that 3/4 guys playing 96 minutes and popping in GS is wrong. I did that to state that GS training is overpowered and makes the game unbalanced.

For me the deal for a balanced gamel should be like this:

Optimal minutes, no GS training = Good/Acceptable minutes & GS training
Good/Acceptable minutes, no GS training > Bad minutes & GS training

Because a good manager must be rewarded. That's why I offered some alternative solutions to deal with it, for example, remove the luck factor. To ensure that players that pay attention to details get rewarded.

This Post:
262676.15 in reply to 262676.12
Date: 09/15/2014 15:08:54
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I respect your opinion, but still think GS training should be scratched.

Few times per season allowed? Just doesn't sound right to me..

Stamina? I'm not for removal, but I wouldn't mind if BBs change the system somehow. Doesn't bother me for now, but I wish BBs put it on to-do list at some point in the future. This being said, I haven't seen any stamina system-related suggestions, I would like to discuss ideas, if someone has any. It's a different topic, though.

Advertisement