Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
262676.10 in reply to 262676.8
Date: 09/14/2014 22:39:51
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, I experimented on giving 100+ minutes to my players before, with massage doctor and game shape training and from experience, it is possible to pop in game shape for a few weeks. However, it is not sustainable as the players eventually drop to average-respectable. Note that this is before bonus game shape for high stamina players was implemented. Sorry but I did not keep a copy of the exact number of minutes and game shapes so I am just recalling from my memory.

This Post:
262676.11 in reply to 262676.1
Date: 09/15/2014 05:01:11
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
They should remove the damn thing completely!

Make it dependent only to minutes management.

This Post:
262676.14 in reply to 262676.12
Date: 09/15/2014 14:49:53
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm completely for keeping at least few weeks of GS training allowed during a season. It's part of the strategy. Some people want to remove FT training, the same is happening for GS training, soon it will be Stamina training. Shot Blocking "should" be trained with Inside Defense. In the end, we will have to chose between IS, ID, JS, OD, Passing and nothing else. People don't want to train FT, then don't. People don't want to use training to keep their GS high, then don't.

I don't train GS because I can keep my GS high via my manage of minutes. At least the game should let me do that. Au contraire, training GS cannot guarrantee good results even if you don't pay attention to minutes.

I didn't open the thread to whine for GS training or to remove it completely. I did that to state that 3/4 guys playing 96 minutes and popping in GS is wrong. I did that to state that GS training is overpowered and makes the game unbalanced.

For me the deal for a balanced gamel should be like this:

Optimal minutes, no GS training = Good/Acceptable minutes & GS training
Good/Acceptable minutes, no GS training > Bad minutes & GS training

Because a good manager must be rewarded. That's why I offered some alternative solutions to deal with it, for example, remove the luck factor. To ensure that players that pay attention to details get rewarded.

This Post:
262676.15 in reply to 262676.12
Date: 09/15/2014 15:08:54
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I respect your opinion, but still think GS training should be scratched.

Few times per season allowed? Just doesn't sound right to me..

Stamina? I'm not for removal, but I wouldn't mind if BBs change the system somehow. Doesn't bother me for now, but I wish BBs put it on to-do list at some point in the future. This being said, I haven't seen any stamina system-related suggestions, I would like to discuss ideas, if someone has any. It's a different topic, though.

This Post:
262676.17 in reply to 262676.16
Date: 09/15/2014 17:01:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh come on, how's that lucky? 75% of his players that had 96 minutes POPPED, this is not luck, this is a problem. Clearly. There shouldn't be any amount of luck to POP in GS with that amount of minutes, GS training or not. I would consider him lucky if he had 3/4 player being stable in their GS, not popping...

To put it that way: If playing 96 minutes leaves luck to determine GS pop or not, then the foundation is wrong and needs to be fixed.

This Post:
262676.18 in reply to 262676.14
Date: 09/19/2014 15:13:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't open the thread to whine for GS training or to remove it completely. I did that to state that 3/4 guys playing 96 minutes and popping in GS is wrong. I did that to state that GS training is overpowered and makes the game unbalanced.

I tend to agree with you on this. I spent upwards of ten seasons training six players who are still on my team and playing important minutes, and now I'm in the FT training mode mostly since I'd rather not increase stamina. But I've also had to train GS a few times this season and probably will again in the playoffs, even despite my usually good minutes management, thanks to some unfortunate injuries and foul accumulation issues. I ended up having my players go way over what I would have wanted this past week and a player that got 92 minutes is still in proficient GS. I'm not going to ask them to take the GS back, of course, but I agree that it's still way too forgiving.

Ideally, though, we'd have something we could use so specify a rough rotation strategy for each position in the lineup, so we can do more managing of that. I'd love to target 30-36 minutes with a starter, for example, in some positions, maybe a 24-24 split at another, and have an option to "play as much as you want" for a player being trained or who's being used for a very specific role. Instead, we're in a situation where if a player has much more than average stamina, there's no way to ever get his backup meaningful minutes unless you get an injury, foul out, or garbage time.

This Post:
262676.19 in reply to 262676.18
Date: 09/19/2014 16:07:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Well today I tried to make some observations again, especially in my own team.

Player A: ST 1, played 86 minutes, remained at 8 GS (gained some DMI)
Player B: ST 8, played 68 minutes, remained at 7 GS (lost some DMI)
Player C: ST 6, played 80 minutes, dropped to 7 from 8
Player D: ST 3, played 73 minutes, popped to 9 from 8

Seems completely random...

I think there is just a mess up with the changes regarding ST effects in GS. Actually I'm pretty sure for that. I'm playing lots of season, it's the first time I witness this randomness.

But yeah, a better rotation system could help a lot, as long as the GS ups and downs are more strict and not based on luck. You don't need solid foundation for a "lucky" system.

Currently GS changes are bugged.

Advertisement