311035.17 in reply to 311035.16
Date: 7/20/2021 12:30:22 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
well done!

Thanks! Looking forward to the next green arrows for Bradley!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
311035.18 in reply to 311035.13
Date: 7/26/2021 5:15:57 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
We were very lucky with the draw.
It is very likely that this will not be the last win of the season.

You were right! Two wins in a row, the season record at 3-1. Looks a lot better than last season. But: it won't continue like that. The team is not yet ready to compete on a high level. We would have won against Bahamas with a "normal" effort. But I wasn't sure that they would play TIE. I was pretty sure they'd play normal. And normal vs normal would have been a close call. I needed to win that game as it is the only one we had a really good shot at winning. All of the other teams have teams that are normally too much for us to stomach. And without HCA, it's almost impossible to grab another win. But I'm quite positive that we're on the right track ...

Spens returned this week with a good GS (as promised by Gaahlpest, thanks a lot!!) AND another up. He is working hard to become an international threat. Even though he hasn't really worked on his offense. Yet! And shooting 12-14 whilst also grabbing 16 boards is just great!

As for Lyle: you can see why I was rather annoyed with myself that I kind of messed up last week and he didn't see a minute on the field. He's just 23 years old. And already THE star on the team besides Spens. It's great that both of them have at least another 6-7 seasons together on the team. But it's even better that Lyle will stay with the team for an even longer period of time. And I'm sure that his manager will get him the best training possible and get him to reach his potential (or even more than that).

All of the other players were solid at the very least. Corbet didn't really shoot the ball well at all (0-10). But: he did get the ball to his teammates, dishing out 7 assists.

MacShimes got some garbage time - and will definitely play more in the future, especially when he finally arrives with GS 9. Also great seeing the green arrow and hoping for a lot more during this season!

And last but not least: MacKersey. After subbing in after Doles injury last week, he was ready to start the game with gameshape 9. AND another up. It's great to see that managers start to listen to my suggestions and the results start to kick in. We've still got a long way to go, but you guys are helping me a lot. Thanks, capaldi, for MacKersey. And thanks everyone for your support!

Looking forward to improve the team during this season and handing it over in good shape and with still a lot of room to improve to (hopefully) TRUF.

Have a great evening!

This Post:
311035.19 in reply to 311035.18
Date: 7/26/2021 5:31:18 PM
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland

Last edited by GM-The Brave Highlander at 7/26/2021 5:31:26 PM

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
311035.20 in reply to 311035.8
Date: 7/30/2021 7:16:13 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Just a quick update, guys!

I'm more than happy with the training-update this Friday! David Doles at GS 9! Can't remember the last time I had two frontcourt players at great GS. Now we have Spens and MacKersey in great GS as well. And apart from that?

We had 4 ups (2 OD, 1 PS, 1 Reb) plus 1 stamina and one FT. That's not something you see very often with a senior NT. And not all of the players that got ups were really young, so that's just great that you guys are helping me improve the team!

But despite your efforts, we won't stand a chance of winning any of the next few games. Our enthusiasm is very, very low. And our opponents are quite strong. So sorry: I'd have really liked to make it 3 wins in a row but that just not possible, unfortunately. But we're laying the groundwork to be able to start a couple of winning streaks in maybe 2-3 seasons ... or even earlier, depending on the schedule, a bit of luck with tactics and enthusiasm, gameshape and training.

It's so much fun having you guys around. And I'd really like to get in contact with the one manager who has downvoted me. Not to point him out or anything. Just to get a feedback what he thinks needs to improve ... take care and have a great weekend!

Cheers!!

This Post:
311035.21 in reply to 311035.2
Date: 8/6/2021 6:50:55 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
What a great training update today. Gameshape is great - and we had Spens with two ups (if I remember correctly, that's already 4 this season). And those two ups are in major skills. Impressive, he's really on his way to become an international threat!

Lyle and Boyd also with pops with Lyle also on his way to be an international threat - for now especially defensively. It's just sad that I can't promise you another win, our enthusiasm is still extremely low after two CTs. But it's so much fun, having all of you contribute to training and GS. It's going to be hard for me to let go after this great season but I sure know that we're on the right track to get the team back in shape to compete in international competitions.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

This Post:
311035.22 in reply to 311035.8
Date: 8/9/2021 5:29:43 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, it was worth a try. We put all our (low) enthusiasm in a CT. Great game. But we needed an edge. And they didn’t want to give us one with playing CT themselves. I guess we might have won against their normal, surely against their TIE. And I had hoped they would be careless because we had already played CT twice (and once where they could be sure). Wasn‘t meant to be but I had to try with the best GS-Update since I‘ve been NT Manager in Scotland. Keep it up, guys! We‘re on a really good track…

This Post:
311035.23 in reply to 311035.13
Date: 9/9/2021 11:20:14 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, guys, this is almost the end of my short intermezzo as Scotland NT Manager!

It has been a pleasure working with you guys and seeing the team improve a lot. We're far from being ready to compete against almost everyone here at BB BUT we're getting closer with every training-update and every green arrow that shows up there.

I cannot name one MVP of our team this season. But we definitely have two great leaders in

PETER LYLE (48097511) and SOMERLED SPENS (46864907)

both have been amazing in their training, especially Spens has surprised me with the many green arrows he somehow produced at his age. I sure hope he'll continue the great training, but he already is a player who can perform on an international level. Thanks a lot, Gaahlpest!!

Lyle is still very young and continues his training like hell ... and he has already scored more than 300 points in his less than two seasons with the NT. That is amazing and I'm sure there's more to come in the future. He is not yet a player who can perform at the highest level, but has closed the gap quite a bit. Next seasons, he'll be there, for sure. And then we have two guys with Spens and Lyle who will be the pillars of Scotlands National Team! Thanks for your cooperation, Highlander!

LeBron Willey (44588307) and Lewis Corbet (45460900), both aged 31 will be there to help the transition. They are solid players but I hope there will soon be a load of better players to be seen on the roster. But for now, they're always in great gameshape and will help the team perform as best as possible.

Murray MacLamond (43796994) might or might not return next season. He's age 32 and a great allrounder. But his defensive skills are not really anything that will help our NT. But coming off the bench with great GS, he has still been helpful.

Tavish MacArthur (44588258), aged 32, will most likely return. Not always in perfect GS, but if he is, he's still a solid starter at PG for our team. And our alternatives are not (yet) ready to take over.

Kevin Duffy (46239785), aged 29, still receives training, that's why he's on the team and is a solid backup. He'll never be more and I'm pretty sure that he'll soon be overtaken by younger players. But his defense is yet to be reached by almost every younger player ...

David Doles (42221835), one of the great all-time greats in scottish NT-history, will retire after this season. His offense is still great, but his defense is not anything we can work with in the future. It's unfortunate that he got injured for the last couple of games because we could have used his experience and is was great that he was finally in great GS. But that's life. He's going to get one last game during the last few scrimmages and that's it.

Now on to the promising young guys on our roster:

starting with one who is almost finished but I hope he won't cap too early and still have a lot more pops:

Fingal Fitchy (48097518), aged 23, also trained by the Highlander. Already a great player but will not become an international threat because of his potential. But he will be a great backup (and sometime starter) if he does get those final pops ...

Joshua MacKersey (48112000), aged 24, got a couple of nice ups at the start of this season. His GS has been great throughout the season but I sure hope to see a couple of more ups. Otherwise we will continue to have problems at the C-position. He's not anywhere near international level, so I hope he gets closer. But for the first couple of arrows, thanks, capaldi! And please let us see more!

This Post:
311035.24 in reply to 311035.2
Date: 9/9/2021 11:20:22 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Kyle Milroy (48405995), aged 23, a rather late addition to the roster because of Doles injury. I had some hopes that the nomination would motivate his manager to train him. His gameshape has always been a perfect 9. But so far (despite his promises), I have not seen a green arrow. If I don't see 2-3 until the season is over (which is pretty soon), I have to declare him a lost cause, which would be very sad because his potential is great and hard to find.

Bradley MacShimes (48406166), aged 22, has improved this season, but very slowly. His manager promised me some skills and now tries to sell him. That's not the best idea to make a great carreer on the scottish NT. I sure hope it was just a test and his training continues as planned. But if he does get sold (or even if he doesn't), he will soon need MORE defense and MORE passing. Otherwise it'll be like almost the whole season. He might be part of the roster but play hardly any minute. If he'd heeded my advice, he'd probably be a starter by now ... can't be helped but at least he gets training.

Last but definitely not least:

Alistair Boyd (48406125), aged 22, did improve quite a bit this season. It will take some time until he can take on a leading role on the team like Lyle or Spens, but he'll surely become one of the greatest of all time in scottish NT history if his training continues and the Highlander stays motivated (which I'm pretty sure he will^^).

Thanks again for having me as your NT-Manager who really tries to get the team moving into a bright future. I hope TRUF will be your choice for the next election, I won't run again, as promised.

All the best for the future!

This Post:
311035.25 in reply to 311035.24
Date: 9/9/2021 3:02:00 PM
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Alexis, thank you for two seasons.
You did a good job. We understand that you accepted the team in a deplorable state and did everything possible to start rebuilding the team. This activity is not simple and quite long. But your effort was clearly visible.
We are still at the very beginning of building a competitive team. I hope that we will continue your work effectively.
Just like last time, come back to us in a few seasons. By then, the team should be stronger.
Also thank you for the detailed report on the team's players.
Good luck, Alexis!=)

P. S.
Although I'm a little early to see you off - there are still a few matches ahead

This Post:
311035.26 in reply to 311035.25
Date: 9/9/2021 5:14:42 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for your kind words! You're right, there are three more games ahead of us. On Monday against Cyprus. And then two games again against Hanguk (who are a little bit ahead of us because we started building that team a couple of years ago). Hanguk almost made HCA for the asia tournament, only the last game wasn't a good draw. They finished the best 33rd in consolation tournament history. Doesn't really help if you don't even qualify for the knockout-stage but it shows that they already can compete against quite a lot of teams ... and they almost beat Portugal (with equal effort and equal enthusiasm) in the first game. So with a combined effort, a lot of things can be achieved and especially now with more talented players due to the dual citizenship, there is a lot of opportunity. We just have to channel the energy into the right direction and have a clear idea how the NT should look like. Something that took us almost 20+ seasons in Germany as well. And now we're back to being one of the strongest teams in BB. We might lose against China on Monday, but we're already qualified for the semi-finals in the world-cup.

So, I'll always be there if you have questions for me. Might take some time for me to reply depending on my RL, but I'll try to be quick. And even though I don't know everything I have quite a good idea how players should look like to be in good shape to compete against the best teams internationally.

So I'll enjoy those last few games, even though it's quite probable I'll lose them all ... but I hope to see some more green arrows before I make way.

This Post:
311035.27 in reply to 311035.25
Date: 9/10/2021 11:21:28 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I seem to have motivated some of the guys with my recap yesterday:

SPENS again with TWO ups today. In major skills. AMAZING!!

Boyd wants to take on a leading role earlier than I predicted and got another up as well.

And Duffy worked on his offense as well in order to be considered again next season ...

And Kyle Milroy got his first green arrow. Maybe not yet a lost cause ... we shall see!

Thanks for making this quite bright friday for me!

Have a good weekend everyone!!