This Post:
Date: 12/05/2023 08:34:02
Kerlci
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Hi,

first of all, thanks to everyone who attended elections, and especially to those, who put their trust on me I will do my best not to disapoint you

New season is underway and a lot of work is ahead of me in this week. Unfortunately not just BB related work, but I hope I will manage to scout all NT candidates, contact their owners and discuss their intentions and training. Did some of that already, and, so far, things are looking promising.

Team for this season will not change significantly and it looks decent enough to be competitive in most of our European championship matches. Future looks even brighter with some potential world class players among 22-25 year olds and I hope similarly talented players will be produced within the current U21 generation, which I didn't scout yet.

As for this season, we are playing European championships, where we are seeded as the fourth team in a group of eight. Only first two places mean continuation of competitive matches, which will be very difficult to achieve.

Or opponents will follow as:

Wales, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, Poland, Scotland and lastly Portugal.

Poland, the current world champion, is clearly the top dog within the group. Belgium is distinctively the second best team, with Russia and Portugal being the most obvious challengers for the second spot. Quallity-wise, we are probably seen as the 5th best team in the group, firmly behind Russia and Portugal, and also one step ahead of Switzerland. They are additonal step ahead of Scotland, and Wales is the underdog, who hopes for that one win.

After I make a more thorough scouting of our players, I will be able to say more.

Good luck to all in the upcoming season

This Post:
322329.2 in reply to 322329.1
Date: 12/05/2023 09:54:52
Afk Ballers
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Afk Ballers II
Congrats on your win and I hope like our previous NT coach, Strokes, you are in it for the long haul.

This Post:
322329.3 in reply to 322329.2
Date: 12/09/2023 15:20:54
Kerlci
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Thanks, that is what I hope as well

So, on Monday we start with our first match of this season. We will play against one of the lowest ranked European teams, Wales. Although we are coming into the match as huge favourites, I still hope our guys will take the game seriously. These days, every team has at least some decent players, and no team should be treated lightly.

We will start the tournament with the following 12 players:

Tommy Fyhrhult, 33, SG, Malmö Highflyers (SBBL), team captain

Tobias Bokholt, 34, SF, NPC Campden (Canada, 1st division)

Markus Andersson, 33, SF, Malmö Highflyers (SBBL)

Anders Strandblom, 32, PG, Iwillsurvive (Romania, 1st division)

Petter Börjesson , 31, PF, Afk Ballers (SBBL)

Frank Jonasson, 31, C, Pistonpanters (II.3)

Jack Stjärna, 29, C, tannum tantrums (Australia, 2nd division)

Håkan Dallius, 29, PF, LA Wet Nights (II.3)

Frank Gilltorp, 28, SG, Afk Ballers (SBBL)

Finn Egghall, 27, PG, Glaskulans IF (SBBL)

Mattias Nilsson, 26, PF, Pit i collons!! (Spain, 3rd division)

Lasse Lundell, 25, PG, Utopian freaks (Utopia, 2nd division)

These are more or less also currently the best players. I will later fill the roster with players in good game shape. Primarily I hope to give a chance to some additional younger players like Niclas Kihlsjö (28), Peter Rosstål (27), Sören Häggin (25), Kristian Forsbratt (24), Roger Hartsten (25) and Christianos Serafidis (25), who will be the core of the team in the future. There are also some older players, who might be called, Jesper Frank (34) , Charlie Håkansson (34), and Ola Gunnarsson (31) are the most usual suspects, but I also check game shape of a few other guys.

I completed scouting for all generations. It is nice to see, that most of the talent is trained by domestic managers, with few exceptions, who also seem to be in good hands. I thank everyone for their response on my mails, I am positively surprised by motivation of Swedish community to train NT caliber players, so I believe, we will be able to take several steps forward in the future.

One technical remark - If anyone is interested in a bit faster communication, we can do it over discord, as some managers already suggested. In fact, Slovenian BB community started its discord server approx. 4 (RL) years ago, and it was a huge success. We have about 180 users in BB, more than 100 of them are on discord, and most of them are posting quite regularly, so our community really became more lively afterwards. Since I don't hold a Swedish BB (or else) passport, it is maybe not on me to start the channel, but if there is somebody who would make it, I would be glad to contribute.

Anyhow, I hope for the successful start of the season

Last edited by Deschamps at 12/09/2023 15:21:21

This Post:
322329.4 in reply to 322329.3
Date: 12/11/2023 15:48:51
Field Mice
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ale Aardvarks
I made a Discord server would love if someone else wanted to admin though since my Discord skills are limited

https://discord.gg/YJszpxxw

This Post:
322329.5 in reply to 322329.4
Date: 12/12/2023 03:40:45
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Har noll koll på discord, vad är det som man kan göra där som man inte kan göra i forumet här? Vi har ju knappt nån diskussion som det är tänkte jag? :)

This Post:
322329.6 in reply to 322329.5
Date: 12/12/2023 03:49:59
Afk Ballers
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Afk Ballers II
Snabbare kommunikation och slippa logga in på hemsidan varje gång för att kolla updates på forumet. Är väl främst kanske för NT. Många länder och coacher gör liknande för att snabbt nå ut till större mängd spelare och så kan man ju ha en diskussion hur det tränas till NT.

This Post:
322329.7 in reply to 322329.6
Date: 12/12/2023 04:12:15
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Ja det låter väl bra. Som läget är nu med U-21 får man vara nöjd om spelarna överhuvudtaget tränas och håller formen så det finns säkert förbättringspotential.

This Post:
322329.8 in reply to 322329.7
Date: 12/12/2023 06:15:17
Afk Ballers
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Afk Ballers II
Minns det väl men för NT finns det iallafall ett incitament i form av merchandise att hålla sin spelare i bra form och träna

This Post:
322329.9 in reply to 322329.4
Date: 12/12/2023 08:31:36
Kerlci
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kerlci II
Great I hope many people join, so maybe put some advertising on league forums as well (or I will ). Much easier and more fluent communication regarding NT, U21, top tier league, FAQ and more.

As far as the NT is concerned, I will go a bit more into detail in discord, regarding tactics, etc. But I also believe forums have their place, they offer better oversight and messages tend to stay longer here.

Regarding yesterday's match:

We beat Wales easily (72447), as was quietly expected. But it was my first match on the position, so there was more nervousness that it is usually against a team of such different quality. Our best scoring position was SF, with starting SF Markus Andersson leading the scoring table (27 points), and his backup Lasse Lundell being second among scorers with 17 points.

Not much more to say about such game. At the end, victory by 47 points seems quite good, no matter the level of our opponent. This was the second highest win of the evening, only Bosnia managed to beat Azerbaijan by a higher margin of 57 points, while some other uneven matches (tournament hosts Lithuania vs Malta, Israel-Ireland, France-Montenegro, Netherlands-Albania, Turkey-Andora, etc.) all ended with lesser victories. Although this is encouraging, it means nothing, and true tests are coming soon. Next week we are facing Switzerland, a very decent opponent of similar quality. I expect a much closer game, although we are coming into the match as slight favourites.

Crossing fingers for a good game shape again

Last edited by Deschamps at 12/12/2023 08:33:49

This Post:
322329.10 in reply to 322329.5
Date: 12/12/2023 13:50:43
Field Mice
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ale Aardvarks
Jag tänker att det är mycket enklare att diskutera i Discord speciellt att göra träningsplaner för "stora" landslaget där det behöver koordineras lite mer så vi kan få fram olika typer av spelare. Det vore kul om vi kunde få landslaget upp ett snäpp till. Sedan får vi se hur intresset är, vi är ju inte så många eller aktiva men det kanske är enklare att hålla kvar och engagera nya yngre användare med hjälp av Discord tänker jag

This Post:
322329.11 in reply to 322329.9
Date: 12/12/2023 17:23:25
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Next week we are facing Switzerland, a very decent opponent of similar quality. I expect a much closer game, although we are coming into the match as slight favourites.

No giveaways pre-game in their forum im afraid (I live in Switzerland and is in that forum aswell). Maybe they are using discord also? :)
Jokes aside, their team is probably still weaker, though they have some good 25-27y/o coming up.