This Post:
Date: 01/19/2022 02:51:17
Sant Mateu
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Minuto 92:48
Hello,

The truth is that the willingness of the BB to improve the game is appreciated, but I think the foul system is ridiculous.

We are seeing matches in which a team launches 10FT and the rival 40 FT, what is this? Are the BB matches all simulated at the Palau Blaugrana? ^^

And along the way, we're seeing more injuries, players we train who can't complete 48 minutes because of the absurd attribute of "aggressiveness"... and of course, managers fed up with this happening.

All in all, the constant attempts to improve the game are appreciated, but the foul system has been in need of a recycle for a long time, and I hope the BBs are working on it.

Cheers.

Last edited by drama7 at 01/19/2022 03:06:27

This Post:
313451.2 in reply to 313451.1
Date: 01/19/2022 05:54:21
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
I agree to some extent. It's normal that some players are more agressive than others and make more fouls, but in some instances it's completely out of control.

My C, which I trained for so many seasons, is an absolute maniacs. Last season he fouled out like 7 or 8 times. In my conference final, he fouled out after 15 minutes or something. Same thing all over again for the first game of this season.

He's an aggressive player, I get that, but this is totally unrealistic. One would assume such a player to calm down after a while in the real world...

To: Veoz
This Post:
313451.3 in reply to 313451.2
Date: 01/19/2022 07:04:17
Shohoku CB
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Teikō CB
I want show this:

(117002444)

This is the HARD example that the system don't work well.

first team do 8 FP -> 0 players go out

second team do 39 FP -> 5 players go out

I hope that the system recycled as well...

This Post:
313451.4 in reply to 313451.3
Date: 01/19/2022 17:16:06
Els Groguets
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Submarí Groc
The issue of fouls is a problem for training coaches, even more so when it comes to taking players to the top and the loss of several training sessions can be key. Otherwise you can see many accounts with the famous tanking or coaches who dedicate their time and money to 1 player, to ensure their complete training. There may be players who commit more fouls than others, it is normal in real life, being an advanced simulator it should try to resemble it but everything with adequate control.
The player I attached, in a playoff series was able to injure 4 rivals, one thing is to be aggressive and another to be Ron Artest in killer version.
[player= 44420888]
The example of the match cited in the previous post is decisive, for a match in which the total difference in points is 8, there cannot be such a high difference in the number of fouls committed. All this leads to a tremendous difference in free throws, conceived in real life as referee help to win a game.

This Post:
313451.5 in reply to 313451.4
Date: 01/19/2022 18:25:28
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
The example of the match cited in the previous post is decisive, for a match in which the total difference in points is 8, there cannot be such a high difference in the number of fouls committed. All this leads to a tremendous difference in free throws, conceived in real life as referee help to win a game.

In the above game it was Look Inside vs RnG, so you would expect the former to draw more FT's. If I counted right 5 fouls / 10 FT's were also intentional at the end of the game. It's still a large difference, but it does occasionally happen in real life, e.g:

(https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201703240IN...)
(https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201911050CH...)

Whether it happens too much in BB I don't know, I'm quite new. If someone has analysed a large sample of games that would provide useful information. But whenever I've seen the topic discussed previously, someone just posts one or two games and says it happens too much.

Regarding individuals fouling out, the main problems are we tell the coach to keep them playing if they get in foul trouble, and that we need to play them 48 mins/game for training.

Looking at the NBA PF's per 36:

(https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2022_per_...)

A lot of players would be fouling out regularly if they had to do the same. One answer is to say BB is not the same as real basketball and reduce fouling to unrealistically low levels to compensate. Or maybe players should adjust in game, if they get in foul trouble they try harder to avoid fouling (but play worse defensively).

A more complex solution would be to alter other aspects of the game, like training. Or maybe it's us who are at fault for trying to give our trainees 48 mins in one game, rather than spreading it out over the week. I assume the new stamina changes will push teams towards this, so it might be worth seeing what effect that has.

This Post:
313451.7 in reply to 313451.6
Date: 01/21/2022 05:43:54
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
(118349447)

cup game against a bot and my PG/C fouled out against a 6K player. It happens a lot in blow out game or against bots that the winning team has 1 or even more players getting a lot of fouls which is crazy, especially when the same players when facing human managers with much better players make 1-3 fouls only. It definitely needs to be fixed

This Post:
313451.8 in reply to 313451.7
Date: 01/21/2022 09:33:05
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
I mean, his name is "Butcher", what did you expect ?

This Post:
313451.9 in reply to 313451.6
Date: 01/21/2022 09:37:14
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Or maybe players should adjust in game, if they get in foul trouble they try harder to avoid fouling (but play worse defensively).

That's the point. When a player is in fouls trouble he should play much less well defensively to avoid more fouls (that doesn't mean he won't make fouls anymore). That could force the teams to have a better bench and to use more "Sit them" in case of foul.

Moreover, but maybe it's already the case, an agressive player should be a better defender than a non-agressive one. That should be the advantage of them.

Joe

This. This would make much more sense than the current situation.
I wouldn't be shocked if an aggressive player was a better defender, and the more fouls he has, the less effective he becomes defensively because he has to refrain himself from being too aggressive. That would make sense, and aggressive players could be worth it for managers that can accept this kind of defensive effectiveness "volatility" across games.

It would be much more realistic than the situation as it is currently, where it looks like some players enter the court with a god damn battleaxe and get sent to the dressing room after 15 minutes repeatedly.

Last edited by Veoz at 01/21/2022 09:38:04

This Post:
313451.11 in reply to 313451.10
Date: 01/22/2022 21:13:40
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
That was going to be my perspective as well. In general 90% of managers use "let them play" but also complain when players foul often or foul out.

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)