BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > How much did that player cost?

How much did that player cost?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/22/2019 01:11:43
Overall Posts Rated:
So how much do you think it cost to make your player?

It shall be interesting to put up the following-

Full disclosure of trainer costs

Full disclosure of record while playing the player out of position (just important games played)

Full skill start and finish

Full disclosure of drafting/buy cost off list.

From there we can look for similar skill sets of players on the list and see if the player is much more or less than expensive than it cost to train it.... and if all that out of position could have been avoided.

Cheers for real data- no more silly debates. DATA.

This Post:
297633.2 in reply to 297633.1
Date: 01/22/2019 10:34:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets try to make that estimate for my own draftee, Jorma Mamia, 23 years now, drafted as 18years. As you know, not possible to get history data of trainers because I haven't tracked all costs, so you can agree/disagree if you want, but I have had all the time level 6 trainer, which I change when salary hits aroung 75k - of course I will then wait week or two to find "cheap" new trainer with approriate salary / price. So I had to change trainer every third season, meaning that 2 acquisitions should be calculated so far. Average purchase price is 1M.

So trainer salary costs are around 4.68M / 6 seasons (2,25% weekly increase at level 6). And purchase costs around 2M / 6 seasons. Trainer costs should be divided for 3 trainees, so 2.22M / player / 6 seasons.

Salary data is available, so it is easy.
18years salaries - 3025/week (54TSP)
19years salaries - 5842/week
20years salaries - 8511/week
21years salaries - 14659/week
22years salaries - 24957/week
23years salaries - 48233/week (121TSP)

So salary costs total 1.473M

Cannot calculate any loss/profit due to training out of position, just focusing for training, not for success. Also not possible to calculate impact for merchandise / arena incomes (own draft, U21 games...).

In my case also salary costs are not relevant, I was paying under PSF first 5 seasons and 3 weeks. But to keep this in more general level, not going to my own situation, so player has costed me so far: 3.7M. My player is not "rare" or exceptional, so it could be possible to similar player or even better for ~4M price.

And training older players with higher salaries must be unprofitable - there are same prices often for 23/24year players who must be trained several seasons and 29 years "ready" players....

Last edited by Codemasters at 01/22/2019 10:35:15

This Post:
297633.3 in reply to 297633.2
Date: 01/22/2019 19:10:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Salary cost of trainees I never count in the equation because they are starting the season at that cost and ending with higher skills than salary. It is only out of position that hurts you can it is really hard to put a $$ on that outside of your record in competitive games with trainees out of position.

This is my theory- if you can win those games anyway then the salary is not a cost of the training, on net you are saving salary to have skills trained up over salary calculation from the beginning of the season. Again IF you can win with 48 minutes out of position.

If you can't play 48s out of position then you can't divide your trainer salary in 3. You have of your 3 trainees at least 1 (or all 3) missing their minutes sometimes to make up for a foul-out, injuries and other such situation. getting 3 48s is not guaranteed.

I am not liking the math on the trainer costs that much here at all...but I'll accept it, 2.2 million on trainer per trainee. What do we estimate the cost of a 54 TSP 18y/o with some potential at? It obviously is not a consistant price, you can get lucky or unlucky and when you drafted again hard to put a number on it. I would say 1million is a fair and you might even land it for lower... Can we say 1 million? so 3.2 million? So are all 3 of your players worth 3.2 million???

I'd like to see the skills. I can understand if you don't want to publish here but perhaps in a direct message? I'll try to give my opinion for a TPE, or you could state if the system has given you one. So where is that TPE at?

Thank you for the numbers.

I think with basic TPE, and our training cost now- the only factor, which is ultimately subjective, is how many games did you lose over those seasons and what did you lose in advancement/income to lose those games while training 3 players out of position every week like clockwork for 48s to divide that trainer salary in 3.

This Post:
297633.5 in reply to 297633.4
Date: 01/23/2019 01:06:10
Overall Posts Rated:
OFF TOPIC
So blasting from D4 a contrarion opinion in a thread asking for DATA...but with NO DATA LOL

If you are training with a level 4 trainer you don't need Pallstar or better potential. People only take those higher potentials with lower level trainer because they still think potential has an in-game inpact for some silly reason.

If you are going to train with an L4 trainer go for a star potential with 10 more TSP or so starting on average than a allstar and probably cheaper to buy too...

If you drafted an allstar with decent skills sell it for double what a start with higher skills will cost you.

You aren't going to get over star potential with L4 trainer.

That's how this works.

This Post:
297633.6 in reply to 297633.5
Date: 01/23/2019 02:26:41
Overall Posts Rated:
OFF TOPIC

You aren't going to get over star potential with L4 trainer.

That's how this works.

As I'm training with L4 through all my BB life, I laughed, when I saw this statement.
If L4 trainer can't get you over star, how the hell I've managed once to cap perennial all-star PG with him?
If L4 sucks, how had I already made 62 pops in 7 seasons with it? And why I was able to make 50-55 pops in similar period of time many, many times? Could you make all of this 100 TSP players with star potential?
No wonder you believe that one has to spend millions for training, if you underestimate lower level trainers that much.
If you need data (aka skillsets) of my examples, I'll put them later.

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.
This Post:
297633.8 in reply to 297633.7
Date: 01/23/2019 20:31:16
Overall Posts Rated:
THere was a ban or two in there, not shooting for anything LOL.

I'm not sure which version of the training simulator you are using but the first one was dedicated to me, had that written on like the first page. Some people really need to consider who they are talking to. I mean I didn't deserve the dedication but I was flattered at the time for sures.

To suggest someone who was VERY involved in those early projects to the point of having a dedication doesn't know what he is talking about.

Let me break it down for you- In terms of skill DISTRIBUTION let's compare a ....

1 IS and 7 RB PG versus a 7 IS and 1 RB guard

What is the difference in list price/value?
What is the difference in training time to get (if wasn't just drafted that way)?
What is the difference in value/price of draftee starting at those skill sets at 18 with short height?
What is the salary of these players?
What is the POTENTIAL CAP HIT of these stats??

So YES if you TRAIN HORRIBLY you can cap with a level 4 trainer. These things will be true of their player-

THey will CAP EARLY compared to TSP because of bad distribution
THey will have a HIGH SALARY compared to CAP and production
They will have lower overall TSP, with high primaries and low FREE offskills- because they will not be balanced for efficiency.

IF you try to train a short player with in SB, ID, IS with a level 4 trainer it will go VERY VERY slow.

If you just train PA, JS, OD yea you'll cap that piece of crap player no problem. The player won't have 9+ IS, or 9+ ID/SB either. He'll be garbage. NO JR either. Yea take JR out so you can make your awesome crap players.

Now if you use an L7 you can make players like this or better

16 14
19 15
15 13
12 12
3 10

You won't get that with an L4. YOu can lie and say you did. But you won't. What you make with the crummy l4s is more like this

17 9
15 18
19 14
6 5
7 2

Cuz you are goofs and don't understand that some skills train faster because they are less valuable and if you want GOOD players with GOOD skills for salary you use higher level trainers.

With an L4 shoot for more of a star level skill lets. You definitely don't need Pallstar that's for sure. Allstars are cheap enough. so allstar is fine too.

This Post:
297633.9 in reply to 297633.6
Date: 01/23/2019 20:33:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes I'd like to see the skill sets and explain to you how you can get more efficiency and production for lower cap hits, lower salary etc.
But harder training because it will be more out of position and slower training skills than the generic cookie cutter OK in LI unless the opponent also knows how to train OD and IS...in which case you lose unless you also know how to train efficient players for this game engine which favors certain skills over others and the salary formula is extremely important to success.....

This Post:
297633.11 in reply to 297633.10
Date: 01/23/2019 21:26:29
Overall Posts Rated:
You don't necessarily need to between trianing and playing the market, you really can do both neither excludes the other. The point is you will make the biggest gains from the market and probably lose in your training, as you have done. Maybe lose in both, as it seems perhaps you are destined to do and stay in a lower division for live??? Probably.

This thread is about proof, evidence and facts. Logic, reason.

Not just talking talking and making false claim after false claim based on name-calling and so forth. Actual facts. Got any?

No.

Goodbye hopefully.