BB Global (English) > Changes Season 10

Changes Season 10

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
109686.223 in reply to 109686.201
Date: 09/22/2009 16:39:43
Overall Posts Rated:
It is not only drafts that has risen in price. If I look at price compare right now I would be able to sell older players for more money than I bought them for even if I haven't trained them. This might be an effect of removing free transfers from the market. You might have to pay pretty much also for a $5k 26 year old nowadays so not strange a trainable $5k player is very expensive. My 26 year old PF is suddenly listed as $50k to $300k and said to probably be better than these players as well. Just to mention an example.

This is not much of a problem, since the value of money is relative: you will sell for more, but it's likewise more expensive to buy a player.

Another thing that adds to inflated prizes are probably also that clubs gets richer. Been able to keep a lower salary profile with raising merchandise and so on. What might happen soon is that BB again tries to find some mechanisms to stop the increase in wealth. Some seasons ago they punished the top division teams in terms of arena income to reduce the effect of wealth. Will that happen soon again?

There is a built-in option which discourages accumulating wealth -- it kills part of your fan survey, so the more money you have, the less money you will earn from gate receipts.

Additionally, BB has never tried to look for mechanisms to stop the increase in wealth. The only related measure that was taken was with respect to prices rising faster than player skills (a questionable move, in retrospect).

It should be your strategical and tactical ability that should give you success not the fact that you managed to get to the top seasons ago and now have so big advantage economically that you will be able to easily change older players with players of same capacity but younger.

That's assuming that getting there had nothing to do with your strategical and tactical skill, which is a questionable statement, at the least.

Moreover, teams are able to make money by training and selling players more effectively than for game receipts, and that's where your "strategical and tactical ability" shows. Low-level teams have a fair chance of catching up. It takes time, of course, but it's supposed to.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
109686.224 in reply to 109686.223
Date: 09/22/2009 17:44:46
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
I think that we mainly are in agreement with each other.

I do not say that increased prices for players must be a problem. Just think that it is a pattern that is currently occuring. Will be a problem if new managers will have to little money to buy any decent player and this could be the case if they are in big disadvantageous in terms of merchandise and other incomes. But not saying that it is a "threat" for lower division teams.

You can have wealth by simply keep improving your lineup frequently but not frequently enough to be daytrading punishments. Buying two to three new players every season with $100k salary would be enough to be wealthy but almost broken economically.

"That's assuming that getting there had nothing to do with your strategical and tactical skill, which is a questionable statement, at the least."

Getting success might be by impressive coaching and strategical planning. My comment was just that you should not benefit from past successes too long time. And if you got very much money you will be able to always compete for the absolutely best players. Then it won't help that teams with less resources are doing everything correct both in terms of training, tactics and economical planning. And I am definitely not hinting that this is currently the case because that is beyond my knowledge. But this reply was mainly directed to bic that seems to prefer that successful teams should have very good rewards in terms of money. If they got similar rewards as Real Madrid, Barcelona and so on it might take extremely many seasons before they could be challenged by other teams even if they make many huge mistakes.

This Post:
109686.225 in reply to 109686.224
Date: 09/22/2009 20:26:51
Overall Posts Rated:
My understanding is that new managers should expect to be able to buy their first really decent player when they sell their first really decent player. Which, by definition, makes the nominal prices irrelevant.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
109686.226 in reply to 109686.222
Date: 09/22/2009 22:04:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I think Juicepat's post was a joke.

The BB's explicitly told us at least two seasons ago that domestic players would be advantageous to your team. You bought Japan's best player but have since sold him. Whoops. Frydeck didn't buy any domestic players and is now crying about it.

Crying over 45k a week, which is not enough to pay half a week's salary for players on teams like yours and/or BS Crydek, is ridiculous. You grossed roughly 800000 last week. Frydek grossed roughly 700000. I don't think it's that big of a problem, especially in light of two things. A) The developers are trying to create an environment where parity is at least a pipe dream and your two teams (and I do not mean to lump you into the same category of single-minded whining as we are seeing from Bik_76) are in the top .0006% of the teams which play this game.
I am going to buy a new level 7 PR guy and see how my merchandise sales change. I will report back when I have some tangible data.

Edited to remove poor joke and to adjust month to week.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 09/23/2009 10:14:46

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
109686.227 in reply to 109686.206
Date: 09/23/2009 00:33:32
1986 Celtics
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
no not neccesarily, in fact the rules state that how much you get for a domestic player is a function of his skill as well... equal skilled players you are gonna get more for a domestic, but at some point the superstar foreigner will add enough to the team's overall ability/fan spirit etc to be worth more than the domestic. Maybe we don't have that tradeoff point in the right spot, but i think the principle is correct.

This Post:
109686.228 in reply to 109686.226
Date: 09/23/2009 00:54:34
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov

Crying over 30k a month

Every dollar counts and is very important. And he crying not for 30k a month, but 45k a week.

Crydek didn't buy any domestic players and is now crying about it.

You don't have letter "F" in your keyboard or it's bad joke crying/Crydek? There were hardly any suitable czech players in last 2 seasons.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Advertisement