This Post:
309018.2 in reply to 309018.1
Date: 04/04/2021 15:44:01
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
I think most people agree that something needs to be done with the Thursday slot for games, whether that's an additional league game by speeding up the season or in the form of re-shaping the National Tournament, change is needed.

I have to say the idea you've proposed, in my opinion, is the best one I've seen yet. I'm a traditionalist, I like the slowness of BuzzerBeater so I'm not a huge fan of the speeding up the server side of things, but I do think this gives teams, both elite and down in the lower leagues, something more to play for. As you've stated, changes should be easy to implement due to the format being used for B3 and the consolation tournament.

In addition to the pros you've listed, it also creates a chance for teams to earn more money if the winner is rewarded in each round of the round robin fixtures.

This Post:
309018.6 in reply to 309018.5
Date: 04/06/2021 06:27:37
Espoo Seals
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Espoo Seal Pups
I really like this idea as well. With the current system, few first weeks are against bots which is always boring. After that you might have few close games with a good luck and then back to playing scrimmages. So realistically on average you might get 2 to 3 competitive games per season from the national tournament.

Even if I lost by 50 points every week and didn't make any money because I used my B-team, I'd still enjoy this kind of competition more than easy games against bots and scrimmages. This is a very good idea to keep the amount of matches the same but change some meaningless matches to having at least some meaning.

Edit: And I think the playoffs could include even more teams, possibly the same amount as B3-playoffs and consolations. That way it would become more difficult for the same team to win both the league and the tournament since the tournament would end very late in the season. This could solve part of the problem discussed about in the other thread where countries of double champions get only one participant to the B3 as well.

Last edited by atsii at 04/06/2021 06:40:05

This Post:
309018.8 in reply to 309018.1
Date: 04/06/2021 11:51:37
Finisher23
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jr. Jazz All-Stars
This is one of the main topics we are discussing. There are many good options (like yours) that we are trying to combine into the best solution. (Or at least our first best attempt)

This Post:
309018.10 in reply to 309018.9
Date: 04/06/2021 16:14:45
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
This is one of the main topics we are discussing. There are many good options (like yours) that we are trying to combine into the best solution. (Or at least our first best attempt)

And who is participating in those discussions ?

I think one big problem in new implementations in BB is the fact that, even if it started from an user suggestion, the end product was discussed by a tiny group of people.

I do not know if I agree with Joe suggestion or not, but if some changes were done to National Tournament, it would deserve a broad discussion.

At the very least, thanks for participating in this forum.

Could not agree more. With recent changes having been made without consultation or even a warning (33yos, and stamina for example) something even more fundemental to the game, and which would effect both Cup and League play, as well as having financial implications (more games, more winners, more 50k cheques) would need broad approval from the user base.

Also, as Perpete says, its good to see BBs on the forum.

This Post:
309018.11 in reply to 309018.1
Date: 04/07/2021 03:54:27
Brianza Panthers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
very interesting proposal!

but imho, for many users wed tournament would be played as today's scrimmages...this would be mainly due to GS and training focus

in my point of view, the real change to make it funnier and to attract new users would be to shorter the season to 10 weeks