This Post:
308965.2 in reply to 308965.1
Date: 03/31/2021 14:30:32
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
BBB is, and should remain, a reward for winning; not for losing.

This Post:
308965.4 in reply to 308965.3
Date: 03/31/2021 16:44:54
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
BBB is - BuzzerBeater Best, a tournament that by its name is for the best teams in the world.

You take the phrasing that way, I choose to see Best as meaning the Champion(s) of each country. You want to suggest the competition is just for the Best in the World. go ahead and suggest that.

South Dragons participate in this season altough it didn't win anything last season, plays in the 2nd division of his country and just won the relegation in the 2nd division last season, the salary sum of his team is worth to the salary of a single player in most other teams in BBB and even though he is nowhere near close to put up a fight in any single game in his B3 schedule, he is still in the BBB.

Again, you want to change the rule that admits South Dragons, suggest that too.

The current system just messes up the draw completely, some teams have multiple 100 point games where others have to fight each game, how is that fair?

None of your points are actually about the same thing as the original post. I'll say again, make suggestions of the changes you want or talk about what the original post was about. As for the point about fairness, with the current system of a random draw and the top 32 teams going to the knockout stage, you're never going to have a completely equal draw, or even close to equal. So your point about fairness is lost on me.

Looking forward to your suggestions for a better BBB tournament.

This Post:
308965.6 in reply to 308965.5
Date: 04/01/2021 17:24:25
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Well, I remember when the European Cup was only for champions, and I much preferred that to allowing 4th placed teams in. That of course was all about money, nothing to do with the best teams being in the competition.

I understand and appreciate your point about you winning the double. I've done it too, though unlike you I didn't think about losing on purpose. I know a country then only gets one entrant when there's a double but I'm fine with that.

I'd also like to point out that in my reply to Alonso I said he'd posted something that wasn't about the same topic. Having mailed him and having reread his post I see that I split his point in two because I didn't see things the same way as him. That was my error, and not his.

This Post:
308965.7 in reply to 308965.1
Date: 04/05/2021 06:49:48
Kira Kira Koseki
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
I've been thinking about this myself recently, and I agree that every league should get 2 spots guaranteed in the B3. The competition isn't called "BB Champions" after all, and there are a lot of good teams who lose the league finals in any given season, that I think still deserve their shot in such an event where one team does the double.

Conversely, only the defending champion of the B3 should be guaranteed a spot if they don't otherwise qualify, as opposed to every active champion ever.

This Post:
308965.8 in reply to 308965.7
Date: 04/25/2021 16:10:37
deanswer
IV.48
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
dequestion
I think it is a nonsense that a team that won the B3 would play almost always the B3 and one team the lose the league final cannot.

My suggestion for B3 participation:
- top 8 teams in previous B3
- 4 teams for top leagues (max 5 if one of previous point), league and cup finalists, and team ranking of needed (only div 1 teams)
- 3 teams mid leagues
- 2 teams low leagues
Or 1 less per league if too many teams

S52 CUP WINNER "non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco"
This Post:
308965.10 in reply to 308965.9
Date: 04/26/2021 01:16:08
deanswer
IV.48
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
dequestion
It is a nonsense having about 20 fixed teams that could participate even tanking, this is a “Super league”

Give these spots to to team motivated at their maximum effort it would be more fair. Much more teams could taste the B3 and the level will grow (no tankers or 2nd division former champions)

S52 CUP WINNER "non dire gatto se non ce l'hai nel sacco"