Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Good movement all along the squad this week. Great job gentlemen

This Post:
306582.10 in reply to 306582.9
Date: 09/30/2020 11:40:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Why did you use the same tactics 3 games in a row? Easy GDP for the opponent.

This Post:
306582.11 in reply to 306582.10
Date: 09/30/2020 12:54:04
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I did mail it in on the tactics, not that it would have made much of a difference. But your right I got to mix it up more.

This Post:
306582.12 in reply to 306582.11
Date: 10/12/2020 18:39:53
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Finally got one in the win column by walloping Wales 100-63...good solid effort all around, we got some guys percolating so keep up the good work! Brighter days are in sight!

Mswati Makhanya: PA pop to head into elastic territory there, really solid OD HA and DR

Umi Mugabe: IS pop, best scoring option down low. Excellent rebounder, defense needs work, SB looks like a weakness

Elphus Siamusiye: DR and IS pop, well rounded, should blossom into a force by next season

Momar Phatudi: HA and IS pop, another guy rounding into being a multi position threat.

Abe Fritsma: had a DR pop, but as previously stated is just going to lose some ground in the pecking order because of those who are progressing faster, still has great value to our cause though.

Asanda Hadebe: no pops this week but will be a force down low and still has lots of time to improve

Derek Dingane: OD pop, nice smattering of skills, but needs to be given more overall direction.

Thoibo Lonco: Guess just keep pounding the 1v1 with this guy and hope for some cross training to make him flower out

Julius Young: is a defensive stopper but a bit of a offensive liability

Shafilshuna Machemko: At 18 this guy just needs to ride the 1v1 train until he gets into elastic territory. then hit the OD, but by middle of next season I expect him to be rounding towards being a force, with focus he will be a four season guy.
Cavann Bopela: he is to elastic on the HA and DR, now is the time to see if his inside skills can get movement

and the balance of the roster is like many of those on the lower end in seasons past guys just taking up spots.

Keep updating me on guys in the pipeline, I only have three call ups left and will give those out judiciously so please dont be upset if your guy is not given one. As I said before, this is a rebuilding season and is more about building for a season or two down the road compared to today.

This Post:
306582.13 in reply to 306582.12
Date: 11/12/2020 13:42:25
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Gentlemen,

It has been with great honor that I have served your country. And you folks have been extremely supportive. We've won some we shoulda lost, lost some we shoulda won but all things considered I think I have represented you well and I hope you agree. That said, I think I have taken this program far as I can take it. A warrior has bought up many quality pieces, and he is a dynamic manager with great verve and skill. I think it is time to prepare to transition to having him take the reins. I have discussed this with him, and he has my blessing, and my endorsement. I think between those who are here like Crazy Bob, Etene, Sandy and others and the efforts they make along with his investment in building up pieces I think he can take the baby boks back to the winners circle. His projection is season 54, I think he could pull it off next season. I hope you will support his efforts as you have supported mine. As has been our predestination we have struggled against international competition, but we will once again host Afrobasket next season as I managed to steal the slot from Egypt on the last day of the consolation round robin. I hope he makes it a success.

So at this point I prepare to go on what could well be called a 'farewell tour' as I hope to take us out on a high note. In the words of Trey Anastasio and Phish, "this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way" .

This Post:
306582.14 in reply to 306582.13
Date: 11/16/2020 17:42:48
Knights of Autumn
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Select Squad
Thanks for the groundwork you've laid, coachlambini! If I happen to get the chance to follow in your footsteps, I'll make the most of it.