Season 50

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/08/2020 08:29:04
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to 50th season, I hope we will have another season with an active forum I had hoped a supporter would start the thread and may include a poll but here we go :).

There is already a difference between this season and the last one, our weekly TV contract augmented by 10k$.
The average salary at the start of the season 325,338$ (according to BB) / 312,953$ (according to a calculator), the median salary is 298,320$. The players salary floor amounts to 248,085$

The highest salary comes from our relegated BBBL Team shoes (516,978$), on the second spot we got a promoted team from the 3rd League, TheAmbassadors (497,546$) and Collège Saint-Louis Basket completes our podium (424,835$).

The bottom 3 teams salary wise are all promoted teams: Knokido (155,544$), Omaha BC (193,464$) and Laeken (201,971$)

As you can see there exists quiet a difference between player salaries in our league, it will be interesting to see who will need to tighten the belt and who will decide to reinforce their squad in the coming days.

I hope we will see some season predicitions in some days.

Have fun and stay active,
BigT

Last edited by BigT at 06/08/2020 08:30:19

To: BigT
This Post:
305100.2 in reply to 305100.1
Date: 06/08/2020 09:19:10
Collège Saint-Louis Basket
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for creating the topic :) I'm really surprised by the average salary difference between BB calculations and the ones of the calculator... Where does it come from ?

This Post:
305100.3 in reply to 305100.1
Date: 06/08/2020 16:07:38
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Like last season, I will make a post about the teams. However, I'm waiting until the 2nd league game for some potential transfers to settle.

I'm also very surprised by the strength of the teams, which is clearly visible by the TV contract.
For me, the objective is the same as last season: training of my GGP prodigies and hoping to reach POs.

Best of luck to all in the coming season!

Last edited by Krifl at 06/08/2020 16:08:10

This Post:
305100.4 in reply to 305100.3
Date: 06/09/2020 03:54:32
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Hi guys! The huge favorite this season is obviously Shoes, he has the strongest team. CSL, The Ambassadors and LV Clips should be able to share the spotlight too, but there is little doubt for me Shoes should get back to BBBL at the end of the season.

My objective is the same as every season, that is, staying in the top 4 to avoid relegation games. I clearly don't have the team to shoot for the title, and I recently sold my SG who was getting old, and was still expensive in terms of salary. I'm looking for a slightly cheaper one to replace him, around 30k/week would be great. Since I'm not gonna be champion anyway, and I still have to train my young players, why not save some cash in the process ?

Good luck to y'all for the upcoming season

This Post:
305100.5 in reply to 305100.4
Date: 06/09/2020 13:01:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi guys (hi)

My focus this season is to avoid relegation and develop my trainees. Since I'm elected for another campaign as coach of our U21 (5th season), results with my main team are not important. Working with coaches of U21 players and prospects, developing trainees in my main and utopia team is something I'd love to do.

And just like previous season, I'm calculating everything to achieve good results but PO will be really hard when I see the competition. I've also sold some players and I'm doubting to replace them, at least not in the next few weeks.
This league gets harder and harder every season }:>

Main difference with last season, I'll be more active on our league forum.

Good luck for tonight's games! (BB)

This Post:
305100.6 in reply to 305100.5
Date: 06/09/2020 16:12:54
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

My goal is to be in TOP 4.

M

This Post:
305100.7 in reply to 305100.6
Date: 06/10/2020 18:09:32
Houdeng Donkeys
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Louvière Bulls
Hello!

My goals are to stay in II.1 and to continue to train de Muyt.

Have a nice season!

This Post:
305100.8 in reply to 305100.1
Date: 06/13/2020 16:16:57
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Blue Side
IN: Shoes (BBBL), LOST4 (III.2), Knokido (III.3), Omaha BC (III.8)
OUT: fredoteam (III.10), Cavs nation (III.8), suikerboys (III.3)

1. Shoes: 492k [NEW]
Nineteenfortyeleven seems to have decided to keep all but one player of his BBBL roster. Having been crowned champion in II.1 twice (S34, 38) and a third promotion out of II.1 in S43, a fourth time appears unavoidable. With 9 seasons in BBBL under the belt, I’m expecting a party for the 10th jubilee.
This rubberbanding gives a perfect opportunity to start the training of Lambert (48263933). But since this bring extra costs, it won’t be a profitable season for Shoes.

2. LV Clips: 416k [+35k]
Still stays strong with a full Belgian roster, trained and drafted by none other than LV Clips. His only purchase was an Estonian player in S40 and he never even played!
There is no Union Liège this season to stop Bull2213, but Shoes is no better for him. Unfortunately for LV, his trio Kruismans-Francken-Laffineur has reached 36yo and is losing salary (thus skills) quickly. Training replacements take years, so I can only see his team getting weaker for inside tactics.
I admire the dedication and preparation some people have to try and achieve greatness by limiting themselves.

3. Houdeng Donkeys: 324k [+26k]
Nautelet won’t like me putting him this high in the list, as it might bring bad luck. However, since he expanded his roster to spread the played minutes better, game shapes aren’t lacking anymore and the player have performed positively.
A team like Houdeng deserves to stay in div. II, but to be crowned champion is too much of an uphill battle, at least for now.
But who knows, when De Muyt is fully trained …

4. LOST4: 302k [NEW]
When it comes to experience, PFSF would be candidate no.1. Having started in S3, there no doubt you can call him a BB-veteran.
Despite all these IRL years, BBBL has never been reached and probably won’t be for next season. The players are great, but to reach BBBL, you’ll need excellent players. However, because of a versatile roster and a wide bench, POs are likely, but still not guaranteed.

5. The Golden Era: 286k [-10k]
While the conference got stronger, The Golden Era got slightly weaker. As he mentioned himself, the goal is training and avoiding relegation. And this training coincides with achieving the maximum, for that reason I put Warriorground at 5th position. But our U21 coach shouldn’t fear, with his young team, in 2-3 seasons, he’ll be at the top of this list.
It is somewhat weird to see a U21 coach train NT players, but I’m sure his Utopian team fills that gap.

6. Aubel Nation: 278k [-32k]
Veoz has cut some oldies in his team the last days. These welcome leaves have however weakened the team. Weakening which transfers his team from 1st place in regulation last season to just a PO contender.
Since the search for a new SG is still on, a competent replacement can shoot Veoz up multiple positions. If he wants to avoid relegation games, breaking the bank will have to be a potential thougth.

7. Knokido: 290k [NEW]
Franske is still very active on the transfer market, showing his interest in remaining a div. II team. Only having started this team 5 seasons ago, there is plenty to prove.
It was a real toss up for 4th to 7th, but the lack of experience makes me believe Knokido will have to fight relegation. If he remains this active on the market, this can change in an instant, that’s how close the battle for the last PO spot appears this season.

8. Omaha BC: 229k [NEW]
With by far the weakest starting 5 of the blue side, Lincoln Hawks’ purchase of Casas won’t be groundbreaking. His win against Knokido is somewhat misleading, because Franske has acquired 4 new players since then.
Where others need one solid purchase to be PO ready, Omaha BC needs at least one purchase to avoid instant relegation. An outside player would be welcome.

Last edited by Krifl at 06/14/2020 11:52:39

This Post:
305100.9 in reply to 305100.8
Date: 06/13/2020 16:22:36
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Red Side
IN: TheAmbassadors (III.9), Laeken (III.6)
OUT: Moortgat Monsters (III.2), BC Brugge (III.12)

1. College Saint-Louis Basket: 423k [+36k]
Where last year Tom10 was the clear favorite, this year it is way more of a toss-up. Proven by his two losses in just three games, granted they were @ his two strongest contenders for this season. Last year, the main focus was the cup, if it’s the case this season than first place will be a stretch.
With his trainees (mainly Pries) closing in on their potential, I’m expecting a return to BBBL in either this or one of the two coming seasons.

2. TheAmbassadors: 497k [NEW]
A newcomer with the highest salary in the league, not seen too often. What keeps TheAmbassador from the first place in this list is the transfer price of his players, they look too cheap. Either he was very lucky, or the players are lacking in certain secondary skills. While this may work to easily reach POs in div. II, becoming champion in a difficult league is a whole other thing. Even then, any weakness you have gets exploited in BBBL.

3. BouffAssist: 332k [+33k]
marvinxl has a young team, with still a high skill cap. Proof of this is, despite selling +-20k salary, his total still increased 33k. The situation is similar to that of CSLB, but with 3 seasons extra to spare. However, for now the team is still lacking a real star player to be a serious contender. I’m sure “Big E” Teerlinck will change that in the near future.
With a great beginning to the season, something has to seriously go wrong to not ensure POs.

4. Kriflonius: 255k [+10k]
Doubting whether I should be down one or three spots from last season shows why the TV contract has increased so much this season. With training in mind, I’ll have to do everything in my power to remain in II.1 or reach POs. Seeing I was 5 games ahead for POs last season, I, like so many others, still have plenty of hope to reach POs.
Despite the low salary, I feel like my player are versatile enough to punch above their weight. Anything but demotion is a win for me this season.

5. TheRainmakers: 246k [+36k]
Despite being 2k below the salary floor, BigT is far up this list. A combination of experience, recent results and trainees reaching their potential have led me to believe a PO spot is possible, but unlikely this season. Yes, BigT lost to Laeken, but first games are notorious for surprising results. With a strong starting 5, picking the right games will lead to results, but the bench is not strong enough to win sufficiently.

6. ccf packers: 366k [+91k]
Am I biased putting ccf packers under me? Maybe. However, with the first results of the season and his C on sale, who knows. Since this is only dicus’ second season in div. II, a lack of experience is not helpful. And having trainees also doesn’t help short term, but every survived season makes the next ones easier (unless the division gets a lot stronger).
I see ccf packers playing relegations again this season. We’ll see if it’s as 5th or 6th seed.

7. armstrongs: 323k [+44k]
With the salary no women-* has, you would expect better results. I gave him a 4th spot last season, yet it was an HCA decided tiebreaker which kept him in II.1. Is the team lacking outside players? Most likely. But that’s an easy fix if the money is there and just like the blue side, one transfer can shoot you up two places.
With a lack in offensive flow and assists, salary means less than usual.

8. Laeken: 202k [NEW]
Despite the win vs. TheRainmakers, I’m putting Duff BXL into the relegation spot. With already bad minute management and three out of the four decent players above 35yo, I have very little hope for this line-up to work in div. II. An immediate rebuild is necessary to not see Laeken play in div. III next season.

This Post:
305100.10 in reply to 305100.8
Date: 06/13/2020 18:05:04
Houdeng Donkeys
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Louvière Bulls
3. Houdeng Donkeys: 324k [+26k]
Nautelet won’t like me putting him this high in the list, as it might bring bad luck. However, since he expanded his roster to spread the played minutes better, game shapes aren’t lacking anymore and the player have performed positively.
A team like Houdeng deserves to stay in div. II, but to be crowned champion is too much of an uphill battle, at least for now.
But who knows, when De Muyt is fully trained …

You learned the lesson but you didn't apply it!
You sent me a new black cat!
Have you been paid by Warriorground to help him to win next game?

Otherwise, you did a good analysis one more time.

This Post:
305100.11 in reply to 305100.8
Date: 06/14/2020 06:21:11
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Thanks for the overview, very interesting as usual.

I definitely agree with you when you say I'll have to spend some cash if I want to avoid the relegation games. My current SG is far from being good enough, and when you add to that the fact that my trainees are just starting their inside skills training, it makes 1 game per week that is very hard to win.

I'll see what I can find on the transfer market. I'm a little bit picky so it may take a while tho :p

The good thing is, I'll probably finally get to use my detecton points I've been stacking up for the past few seasons

Last edited by Veoz at 06/14/2020 06:23:01