BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > How to advertise the game

How to advertise the game

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/05/2019 08:00:12
Overall Posts Rated:
We know that BB is very poorely advertised in the Internet. It is really hard to find out about this game. And amount of menagers is going down and it may happen that in 3-5 years the game will be over.

There are many youtubers that make films about basketball, especially NBA, its tactical part, players etc. Why not to ask some of them to talk few seconds in each of their films about BB. Surely, they would like to have some money but if You reach emerging ones I do not think it will be a lot. They are watched by basketball fans so such an advertisment of BB would be perfect as for its target.
If You do not have enough money for such advertisment - maybe try to find an investor, trust me there are financial insitutions for which investing a few million dollars is not a big deal, however they must see a good business plan and high chances of making money from amount they invest. There is now a big hype for gaming on investing market.

But there is a problem concerning the game itself. Even if someone decides to make account and play the game he can easily lose interest in BB. The pace of the game as a whole is too slow - 2 games per weak (I exclude cup) and one training. It suffices to log in two days per weak to set lineups and look for the training. Also, in order to train a good and balance player you need 8-10 seasons in BB, which makes 2-3 real life years.
No surprise that menagers leave the game - you can lose your interest after few seasons.

So, my proposition is to increase the pace of the whole game as for real life time. So, make 4 league games in a weak and 2 trainings. Simply, make everything happen two times faster (maybe except TL). A season would last 1,5 month instead of 3 months and in a little more than half a year you could train a good player. I am sorry, but I see increasing pace of the game as the only one solution - younger generation needs fast reward after their actions. This is how the world looks like and howe other games look like. Needs of people who play games changed dramatically in last two decades. BB needs to adjust or will die.

This Post:
299095.3 in reply to 299095.2
Date: 05/05/2019 13:44:33
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to have X2 speed but i dont think the servors will manage that.

This Post:
299095.5 in reply to 299095.1
Date: 05/07/2019 20:55:06
PortosConnection
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Honestly, the main problem with advertising this game is its name.
Try to search Buzzerbeater on Youtube and you'll never find it easily.

I did a simple video for Maxithlon years ago and you can find it very easily on Youtube, with not much effort to make it.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWgeZJNiopY)
Just try to search "maxithlon" now and you'll find it easily whereas the whole title is in french.

Manage to find the right keywords before thinking about the true value of BB.
I mean this is Buzzerbeater, its name, ok.
But what else make it different from the buzzerbeater we know all, that is a special event on basketball game at the very end of a quarter time IRL ?

This is a management game.
Then do a very cool video called "Buzzerbeater - Management game" with all of your ideas and more.
Because you will advertise betterly by thinking about what people expect.That's all.
And it already exists. This is (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNm8_DKVmFM)
Just share it or, even better, do better by learning from its experience.
Those are basics from 2019 for Internet. You are no better than those before. You just can make better if you accept to learn from the past and get better than the past.

Last edited by DunkerJoe at 05/07/2019 21:30:03

This Post:
299095.6 in reply to 299095.5
Date: 05/27/2019 17:05:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I love how everyone keep mentioning the servers without having a clue of how the game is coded... and as if all the servers worldwide are already taken and you gotta stick with what you got.