This Post:
109686.206 in reply to 109686.203
Date: 09/22/2009 08:07:55
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov

In real world it actually works pretty much like this in at least soccer. An English player sells more jerseys and especially attracts more people to the matches than a comparable abroad player. This is for sure a fact.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe that first class domestic player sells more T-shirts than first class foreign player. But can’t be true that average domestic player sells more T-shirts than first class foreign player. But that is way how BB counts merchandise revenue.

This Post:
109686.207 in reply to 109686.206
Date: 09/22/2009 08:15:03
Overall Posts Rated:
on the other hand, at least in Finland in RL, there are no jerseys sold whatsoever..:) So maybe we should just be satisfied with any merchandise income.:)

!zazhigai!
This Post:
109686.208 in reply to 109686.193
Date: 09/22/2009 09:52:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I added a prominent French guard to my roster.

I'm guessing this had a part in it - not the whole thing, a part.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
109686.209 in reply to 109686.196
Date: 09/22/2009 09:53:37
Overall Posts Rated:
BB-mans made clear - adapt to this. No sense that you have best team all the world, no sense that you win double more time, no sense that your players win all statistics in all seasons, no sense how long your players are in your team, your fans don´t like you and your players and they buy jerseys of 20k sheep from 14. team because he is domestic. You must buy domestic player only. No Japanes players on your level? It is your problem that you are not from Spain ...

Thank you for your story, I know that I am not most disadvantaged now. :-)

Or that you're not interested in the explanations provided and just wish to complain.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
109686.210 in reply to 109686.209
Date: 09/22/2009 10:38:56
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Many things in this thread hasn't been explained enough, so I understand his frustration. And even if I have got immediate advantage by new merchandise, I don't agree the way it's calculated now. It seems that factors, which are involved in formula, are not well balanced.

Last edited by rwystyrk at 09/22/2009 10:39:40

This Post:
109686.211 in reply to 109686.210
Date: 09/22/2009 10:51:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Obviously many things hasnt been explained, but i also have a lot of complains about merchandise and im waiting some weeks to see how is increasing or going down just to have more information before complaining a lot.

This Post:
109686.212 in reply to 109686.211
Date: 09/22/2009 10:57:32
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Surely, more time will give us more data. But I don't believe that teams which are now at $130k goes down to $100k and team at 90k goes up to $120k without any changes in roster. But we will see.

This Post:
109686.213 in reply to 109686.205
Date: 09/22/2009 11:18:25
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
I think that we are pretty much in agreement. My major points are towards bik's constant willingness to not understand why there must be balancing factors so that there are no Chelsea, Manchester United and so on in BB. And what I mean then is simply that some teams would be able to continously buy the best players on the market and still be the richest clubs. It is of course such mechanism BB tries to stop.

I have no real opinion about if the merchandise issue is working or not in a clever and correct way. So to repeat myself is it mainly to argue against bik's attitude where he very much indicates that big should be bigger because big has managed to create a very advantegeous environment for generating money thanks to huge successes in league, BB and so on. Allowing that would mean that best coach got no chance whatsoever to beat bik even if they are a much better manager. I should also make it clear that I am not indicating that bik is not a great manager. I can't judge on that based on what I know but I see no reason to doubt that he does not deserve his successes.

This Post:
109686.214 in reply to 109686.206
Date: 09/22/2009 11:25:10
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II

In real world it actually works pretty much like this in at least soccer. An English player sells more jerseys and especially attracts more people to the matches than a comparable abroad player. This is for sure a fact.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe that first class domestic player sells more T-shirts than first class foreign player. But can’t be true that average domestic player sells more T-shirts than first class foreign player. But that is way how BB counts merchandise revenue.

A team without English players certainly do lose from that. I know because I followed Coventry City for many years very closely and their fans very much preferred the domestic players ahead of foreign players of similar size. I also know that my hometown team who has played quite many seasons in highest Swedish league works similarly. Always a bigger interest from the fans in homegrown players, especially if they are young or has played in team for many seasons. I feel very certain that if you looked at factors to influence crowds and merchandise sale that there would be a huge impact from having players that been in the club since 15 or so. Few foreign players gets the same popularity as domestic players.

If you look at Chelsea I am sure that players like like John Terry and Dennis Wise have had a much bigger interest than many of the international stars that has been bought since Abramovich bought the club. I am just so positive that it works like that in especially England.

Do you really think that Drogba sells more shirts than Frank Lampard in England even if Drogba is a much more well-reputed player outside UK and more frequently been mentioned in lists of best players in the world?

This Post:
109686.215 in reply to 109686.214
Date: 09/22/2009 11:37:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Disagree.

Leo Messi is argentinian but is more loved on Barcelona than in Argentina :P

This Post:
109686.216 in reply to 109686.215
Date: 09/22/2009 11:55:06
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
Messi is one of the absolute biggest stars in the world. Of course if you mention one of the 5 most popular players in the world that they would be huge in their club team as well. One interesting fact about Messi is that he actually came very early to Barcelona, before he was known to people. I think that helps a lot in making a player big. I do not get the impression that you can be as big if you like Zlatan Ibrahimovic arrives late or half-way through career. Do you think that he will be as popular for Barcelona fans? Then you always get more fans if you score goals or in basketball scores a lot of points. I do believe that things pretty much work like that in any sports.

But I still am very convinced that there is a clear bias in merchandise sell for domestic players compared to foreign players. I also do believe that having an international team player from especially a small country will increase your sellings as well, at least if it is huge markets like Japan or South Korea. At the same time you won't have more than a very marginal raise in merchandise if your team would have a Swedish international player in your team as people here bothers very little about any team no matter what. Was it one of the top 20 players in NBa it would change of course ...

Advertisement