BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - III.11 > Well, this is gonna be interesting... or ugly!

Well, this is gonna be interesting... or ugly!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/09/2022 11:44:06
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Looking towards tonight's game against Philly Dribble, Linndale was unable to make any moves. The injury to Klimenkov is going to be problematic, but we'll get an early read on our roster construction and get some valuable training for some guys. The training is the key thing; some of the younger guys on the team have a chance to become important rotation pieces (Kevin Jung) or lay the ground work to becoming rotation pieces next season (Daniel Gale). Getting the start tonight at PF is Clint Costa. Starting tonight at C is Nick Guevara. At SF, Arpad Sutori makes the start. We expect to take a beating inside and on the boards. On the other hand, WIth normal starters Paul Lutz and Arley Coronado coming off the bench, the second unit should have some punch.

If it's closer than we expect, great. We're looking at this game with an eye towards survival, and training the young frontcourt.

This Post:
316024.2 in reply to 316024.1
Date: 08/10/2022 00:03:52
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
That went as expected, scoreboard wise. I got the training minutes I was looking for, so I'll call that a moral victory. Just have to wait until Friday to see if the guys that got the needed training benefited from it.

We didn't give the ball away and we kept things close on the boards, which was a surprise. Everything else was as bad as I feared. Costa did well on the boards; much better than I would think.

I'll live with the awfulness this time. Next time won't be a 34 point loss...