Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/18/2022 14:23:56
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Hi everyone - welcome to the early stages of Season 57. Looks like the relegation/promotion process has occurred, so here's what's happened to prepare us for the venture forth into Season 57!

Who Promoted Out of DIV III.11?
Scrap Heap Low Posters defeated Gremlins in two games in Season 56 to promote up to DIV II.4 - their current Country Rank is 96 (World Rank: 2007).
They were the only team that won a promotion (and rightly so - Good Riddance!)

Who Relegated Out of DIV III.11?
[BOT] Tidals relegated to IV.39 - still Managed by a computerized player.
[BOT] Solana Tides relegated to IV.24 - still Managed by a computerized player.
[BOT] Tropicana Flamingos relegated to IV.34 - still Managed by a computerized player.
x_DOMINATE_x, managed by SLAM, relegated to IV.35 - Country Rank of 274 (World Rank: 5887).
Chewbaccans, managed by Chewie Bacca, relegated to IV.56 (my old stomping grounds a long time ago) - Country Rank of 326 (World Rank: 7022).

Who Relegated Into DIV III.11?
Rip City Revival, managed by Jbogroff, relegated from II.1 with a 2-20 record, but only a -278 differential. Jb brings a (currently) $74k PG in Nikky Nay Neochoritis who averaged 15.3 PTS/game, 4.8 R/game, 3.9 A/game on 31% shooting...should be a problem for the rest of us! Rip City's country rank is 95 (World Rank 2261).

This Post:
314150.2 in reply to 314150.1
Date: 04/18/2022 14:25:01
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Who Promoted Into DIV III.11?
(With a team name that's gonna cause me problems all season) Żubr Białystok
, managed by whitestok, comes to us as crowned champions of Div IV.10 (22-1 on the season), winning in just two games in the final series. They have a country rank of 267 (World Rank: 5823). Their most recent purchase (today!) is a $40K Center from China's Junior National Team, Huang Yuyao.

Linndale, managed by Speedtraps, were crowned champs of IV.15, also winning the championship in two games and finished with an undefeated record. They bring in a 235 country rank (World Rank 5033) and they're sporting three relatively young players with more than $35K in salary. The Frenchmen Thomas Lagorce (PG) finished 2nd in MVP voting of season 56 in their league, averaging 14.1 PTS/game with 5.5 assists and a 53% shooting rate.

Weather Society, managed by aptly named Melon Collie, makes their DIV III debut with us, promoting from IV.35 after losing in the semi-finals to the eventual champions, but finished with a 21-1 record. 32 year old Italian, Cristiano "Money" Masetti comes in "cooka da meatballs" after finishing last season with 24.3 PTS/game, to go along with 6.1 rebounds on 60% shooting, including 58% from 3-point land. He appears to primarily cooka da meatballs from the small forward position. The Weather Society ranks 483 in the country (9234 World Rank).

The Beer Bellys, managed by thatguy (MY GUY), had proclaimed that Season 57 would be his championship run, but met that proclamation a season early by winning DIV IV.54, going undefeated and winning the championship decisively in two games. They bring a 317 country rank (World Rank 6801) and are led by Argentinian PG Juan Gilberto Segovia, who is 31 years old and boasts a $40K salary. He finished 2nd in MVP voting after being picked up for $287K toward the beginning of the season and finished with 16.4 PTS/game with 5.7 assists on 55% shooting (47% from three).

Last, but not least (just the pick of the click of my mouse), pintipv, managed by pintipvw (which makes for a very confusing differentiation!), shows up with a 311 country rank (World Rank 6702) after being crowned the champions of IV.14, going undefeated, but was forced into a three game championship series after losing the first game by four (But they also averaged nearly 155 points per game in the series. They also scored over 3000 points on the season! English SG, Dan Donlon brings along his $66K salary and at 30 years old, is at the peak of his performance capabilities. Last season he ranked 3rd in the MVP vote and finished with 20 PTS/game, 5.6 assists on 56% shooting (54% from three).

Please note that all salaries and ages appear to be before "the transition" - so numbers could be off in the coming days. At any rate, welcome all and one - hopefully we can field a fully "nonbot" season in #57! Good luck!

This Post:
314150.3 in reply to 314150.1
Date: 04/18/2022 15:03:18
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Thanks man. I’m going young right now and made a big push the season prior to try to make a run at promotion. Last season I was trying to hold on but finally just made the decision to tank. I kept the PD close just in case I hit a tiebreaker. Just invested in some infrastructure as part of starting over. We’ll see if I hold on to Nikki. He made some nice gains last season and may jump up in salary. I was forced to play him some pretty heavy minutes and my overall team game shape was awful (well literally mediocre). Glad to be in an active league!

This Post:
314150.4 in reply to 314150.3
Date: 04/18/2022 17:19:04
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Should be fun! Looking forward to getting my butt kicked ;)

This Post:
314150.5 in reply to 314150.4
Date: 04/19/2022 12:18:57
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
The Gremlins, the Scrap Heap, now Rips City's back. Been a few reunions these past few seasons. LOL Don't let 'em fool you Baine that those Rippers are going to play tougher than they let on.

This Post:
314150.6 in reply to 314150.2
Date: 04/20/2022 20:45:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello everyone.
That's my second promotions 3rd league. Fun story is that was same league. I remember teams like Gremlins, Ashkockerz, MM Rockets, Rip City, Seattle. Season 53 and 54.

This Post:
314150.7 in reply to 314150.5
Date: 04/21/2022 11:49:13
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
It’s great to be back among friends. I’ll always try my best to be as competitive as possible because I hate to lose. Realistically Im not in the immediate financial position to make moves. I’ve got one D2 level guard and some projects and my young guys will get significant minutes.

This Post:
314150.8 in reply to 314150.7
Date: 04/21/2022 12:33:51
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Pre-Final Transfer List Season 57 Rankings
Lots of transfers still to finish up before the official start of the season on Saturday, with one pending for after Saturday's games (Seattle's PG Eric Madden - last season's 21st pick in the draft) - so lots could change with this, because I'm doing these rankings based on variations of team salaries. Couple of things to take into consideration:
1. Two teams currently have 17 players on the roster (Philly Dribble & pintipv - neither of which has a player currently listed on the transfer list.
2. Three teams currently have 11 players, one of which has two players listed so I expect them to be adding in the next couple of days.
3. The majority of teams have 12-15 players currently rostered, though I know for myself, I'll be trying to settle in at 13 players

Current League Leaders in Salary
1. Mighty Moose Rockets with $315,387 - though it appears they're shedding some salaries with the transfer listing of both Jean-Louis Fleurent ($66,867) and David Charles ($35,587). If Hutch44 successfully cashes in on those, they're looking at nearly $3 mil in cash, which I'd assume would be used for replacement salaries, unless a tanking is in the works.
2. Philly Dribble with $312,245, with no players listed currently
3. Gremlins with only 12 players rostered comes in at $296,384.

Current League Leaders in Assumed Starting 5
These are probably not the actual starting 5 in all scenarios, but for simplicity, we'll assume the highest 5 paid players would be the starting 5 for each team.
1. Mighty Moose Rockets coming in at $270,241 (again, this could change if both Fleurent and Charles are sold)
2. Gremlins with $217,873
3. Lion Rebels with $211,969

Current League Leaders in Assumed Top Coming Off the Bench Players
Again, for simplicity, we're assuming the top 6-10th players in salary would be coming off the bench and playing meaningful minutes - obviously, this is probably not the case depending on manager style, team training efforts, tank jobs, or a desire to play deep into the Cup tournament.
1. Philly Dribble - $72,467
2. Gremlins - $72,101
3. San Dominica Warriors - $71,974

With all of that, here's the prediction for league rankings heading into season 57
Big 8
1. Mighty Moose Rockets
2. Lion Rebels
3. Philly Dribble
4. Rip City Revival
5. Linndale
6. War Birds
7. Seattle SuperSonicz
8. San Dominica Warriors

Great 8
1. Gremlins
2. The Beer Bellys
3. Żubr Białystok
4. pintipv
5. Dallas Bomskwad
6. The Ashkickers
7. Miami Cleo
8. Weather Society

I gauged this on a weighted scale based on three criteria - 1) Top 5 Salaries; 2) Top 10 Salaries; 3) Top 6-10 Salaries. The higher ranked in tier 1, the more points - the higher ranked in tier 3, more points, but much less than tier 1 and 2.

One thing to note - for the Great 8, 5 teams are within $17k in total salary of each other, so there's lots of room variance here. There's quite a much larger discrepancy in the Big 8 - overall higher salaries and not as many teams as tightly put together.

Final side note before moving on to my playoff/relegation predictions - looks like there was at least another player added to the transfer list WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS. How dare you Bomskwad! ;)

This Post:
314150.9 in reply to 314150.8
Date: 04/21/2022 12:56:29
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Playoff and Relegation Predictions
So, based on the obviously flawed rankings above, here are my playoff and relegation predictions for the season:

Relegations
Automatically relegated: San Dominica Warriors & Weather Society (of note, WS is a measly $419 above the salary floor). Also of note, San Dom and Seattle are very closely ranked in my weighted rankings, so in hindsight, maybe they should be the ones to relegate!

Relegation Games:
Big 8 5 Linndale vs. Great 8 7 Miami Cleo - Winner: Linndale
Great 8 5 Dallas Bomskwad vs. Big 8 7 Seattle SuperSonicz - Winner: Dallas Bomskwad
Big 8 6 War Birds vs. Great 8 6 Ashkickers - Winner: Ashkickers

Playoffs
Big 8
1. Mighty Moose Rockets vs. 4. Rip City Revival - Mighty Moose moves on.
2. Lion Rebels vs. 3. Philly Dribble - Philly moves on.
1. Mighty Moose vs. 3. Philly - Mighty Moose to Championship

Great 8
1. Gremlins vs. 4. pintipv - Gremlins advances
2. Beer Bellys vs. 3. Zubr Bialystok - Moar Beer!
1. Gremlins vs. 2. Beer - Gremlins moves on to face the Moose.

Div III.11 Champion: Gremlins

It is interesting, that while the Big 8 looks to be better overall (again, we're going by salaries, this isn't actual game predictions), Gremlins outclasses everyone else. Of all 16 teams, 5 of the top 6 by my dumb weighted salary rankings are Big 8 teams, but Gremlins still comes out on top.

-----
ALTERNATE TIMELINE
In the event that Moose cashes in on his two players selling for nearly 3 million dollars, shedding 102K in salary, it drops them to 7th highest salary in the Big 8 and 11th overall. In that case, here is an alternate timeline of events:

New Big 8 top 4:
1. Philly Dribble
2. Lion Rebels
3. Rip City
4. Linndale

Overall, I think Moose would drop to 5th by the end of the season, pitting them against Miami Cleo in a relegation series, but I think they still clean up. As far as the playoffs go, I think it would be pretty straight forward:
1. Philly defeats 4. Linndale and 2. Rebels (narrowly) defeats 3. Rip City, while Philly slips past the Rebels to "win" a chance to lose to the Gremlins, who end up ranking even higher in my weighted system with Moose dropping down like they look like they're going to do.

Then again, they could be buying something amazing with their potential 3 million purse - only Hutch44 knows the secrets!

Again - this is pure postulating, gesticulating, and masticating - nothing factual, fantasy, or otherwise should be taken from these ridiculous posts.

This Post:
314150.10 in reply to 314150.9
Date: 04/22/2022 01:02:39
Weather Society
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
hello everyone, glad to be here. not expecting to be here for long because i honestly wasnt planning on moving up. i love the shoutout for my main man mr. meatball though
although ive been managing this team for 10+ seasons i havent been very good at it. this season will be my last with this aging core, im blowing this mf up after. cheers

This Post:
314150.11 in reply to 314150.10
Date: 04/22/2022 12:29:06
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Welcome and good luck!