Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/15/2020 03:39:07
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to Season 51

Again I had hoped a Supporter would create the topic to include a poll, but here we go.

The site has been unstable and buzzer/manager is not working so I will draw an economic comparison to Season 50 in a later stage.

Last season the blue side was the strongest and the weakest at the same time, we had another champ from the blue side but we also had 4 relegated teams on the blue side.

That is why we welcome 5 new teams on the blue side.
Angie77 with her team Estrellas Absurdas; personally I am happy that we meet again :)
TCA with his team THOMAS COOK
Pflies with his team BC Benfica
Freaky659 with his team Beerschot AC
Teetje with his team De Scheetebeezekes

On the red side we have one new team.
Bachi with his team rode duivels

I haven't really scouted the rest of the league but if I see that the TV contract went up by 2k I already know that the league is still pretty competitive.

For my part I will try to promote to the BBBL, a first loss against Krifl is not ideal but I didnt think I would go 22-0 anyway.

I hope we will get another team analysis of Krifl despite his arch enemy is no longer with us ;)

Last year the forum was not really active but neither dead, so maybe this season we will manage to keep it more lively.

Good luck to you all and have a nice season, feel free to share your thoughts about the league/season/your team.

See you on the court

Last edited by BigT at 09/15/2020 03:39:25

To: BigT
This Post:
306447.2 in reply to 306447.1
Date: 09/15/2020 18:02:02
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
For my part I will try to promote to the BBBL, a first loss against Krifl is not ideal but I didnt think I would go 22-0 anyway.

I already saw you had strenghten your bench. That combined with your Belgian trainees and another purchase gives you a decent chance. Also with the age of your team, you have 6 to 7 chances to promote ö

I'm lucky to have won, I only tried and won because it was a home TV game. I was surprised you played TIE.

I hope we will get another team analysis of Krifl despite his arch enemy is no longer with us ;)

I'll put you to win it all, let's see if my new voodoo doll works :)

This Post:
306447.3 in reply to 306447.2
Date: 09/16/2020 03:43:30
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
To be honest I didn't realise that it was the TV game :p
I found it out after the game...

So I expected you to play TIE, and I guess I could have won it if your bonrcrushers didnt injure my starting shooting guard after 10 minutes he was perfect from the field 6/6...

Winning against CSL is already a good step, I had HCA but he played with higher enthusiasm.

Well I dont have that much time or their salaries will kill me :p

This Post:
306447.4 in reply to 306447.3
Date: 09/16/2020 07:21:24
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Hi guys!

My objective will be the same as for the previous seasons : finish in the top 4 to avoid relegation games, and keep training my 2 young players. They made some progress during the last season and they're slowly catching up on my starting C, which is nice. I expect them to become more and more important, but they're nowhere close to being ready yet so I'm not aiming any higher than a top 4.

They won't be ready before at least another 3 seasons, and while they're getting better, my other starting players are getting older and weaker so I guess my team should keep pretty much the same level over the upcoming seasons. In other words, there's no surprise to expect from me anytime soon

I haven't paid much attention to the new teams because I can't log into buzzermanager for whatever reason, but the blue side seems to be a little bit weaker than it's been during the past 5 seasons or so. Of course Estrellas Absurdas has a nice team, but it should still be way more open than last season with Shoes that had the best team by far. So we could see Estrellas or LV Clips make it to BBBL, but I see more and more challenge stemming from the red side, where BouffAssist, CSL and The Rainmakers in particular have a very nice roster.

Should be a very interesting season, no doubt about that !

May y'all have fun

Last edited by Veoz at 09/16/2020 07:23:07

To: Veoz
This Post:
306447.5 in reply to 306447.4
Date: 09/16/2020 13:40:04
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
"I haven't paid much attention to the new teams because I can't log into buzzermanager for whatever reason"

In the forum they said BB-Marin disabled the Api-apps in order to ease the load on the servers
So i guess buzzer-manager will run once the site will run smooth

This Post:
306447.6 in reply to 306447.5
Date: 09/16/2020 13:42:38
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Oh ok thanks for the info

This Post:
306447.7 in reply to 306447.2
Date: 09/16/2020 18:01:07
Houdeng Donkeys
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Louvière Bulls
I'll put you to win it all, let's see if my new voodoo doll works

A new victim?

This Post:
306447.8 in reply to 306447.7
Date: 09/17/2020 12:59:11
BouffAssist
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
@ TheRainmakers: i did not pay attention that only Supporter could create a topic with poll, I will try to do it next season.

now, looking to the red side, i have the feeling there are less diffrence between teams this season and the ticket for PO a long journey but stil my objective

This Post:
306447.9 in reply to 306447.8
Date: 09/18/2020 03:37:25
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Buzzer-manager is live again ;)

I have a question for you guys, what do you think about the new engine changes? Will they finally end the LI dominance?

This Post:
306447.10 in reply to 306447.9
Date: 09/18/2020 04:06:21
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
I didn't even know about the changes. Could you please link me a thread where they talk about it ?
Are they already live ?

Thanks a lot

I do hope the changes can bring some more efficiency to outside tactics, which hare really hard to set up in my opinion. Just take a look at Switzerland's starting SG, who's currently for sale. He's 20 JS and 17 JR, which is amazing, and he shot a poor 27% from long distance over the last season. What does it take to cross the 30% line ? A 20-20 player, which is extremely rare ?

To: Veoz
This Post:
306447.11 in reply to 306447.10
Date: 09/18/2020 05:57:14
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
It is in the news from the season announcement:

"The new game engine upgrade was not tested last season like it was announced, but that will be done this season, starting this Thursday. Note that the new engine might be tuned during the season and the effects might vary."

There is not really a forum because no one tested it or no one knows what it will look like. They will test in PL games normally.

The beauty of Buzzerbeater is that a well built player is always stronger than someone like that guard, his IS (9) is just too weak, his PA even if it is 13 might also be too weak (If i remember correctly Joe gives his go to players +16 in PA!!!). Because he has high JR he will jack up 3's like crazy even if it is a bad shot, he shot 77 shots from 3 last season no one of my players shot +70 shots from 3.
The other thing is OD is a bit overpowered you just put a Guard with OD 18 on him and he will struggle, he may drive to basket but cant make the shot because of his weak IS,

I just saw the whole team is up for sale and have a look at his french player, he has JS 19 and JR 18, that guy shot 54,8% from the field and 45,6% from 3. There you have your build :P. Meanwhile he has lower PA 11 than the swiss guy but higher IS 13, this kind of contradicts what I said about PA but reinforces what I said about the IS, you need IS if he drives.

I dont't know if you know Nachtmahr, but he did a lot of test, I promised to translate all his tests but didnt go through with it (sorry Angie :P). But what he found out f.ex. is that a good shot depends on 2 skills and not just one. He said f.ex. that a guy with JS10 and JR15 shoots worse from 3 than a guy that has JS/JR 13/12, the closer both skills are the better they shoot.

The post about Nachtmahr is somehwere on the belgium NT forum.