BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.9 > Condors dominating the Leaderboards

Condors dominating the Leaderboards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/28/2017 13:30:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Despite the fact that I barely pay attention to Buzzerbeater these days.

This Post:
286426.2 in reply to 286426.1
Date: 05/03/2017 22:04:04
Overall Posts Rated:
How are the league's 2 top scorers and the top assist guy not all-stars? No wonder we lost the game!

This Post:
286426.3 in reply to 286426.2
Date: 05/05/2017 14:52:46
Overall Posts Rated:
It is the difference between being a top player (based on player ratings/skill levels) and a guy putting up huge stats in garbage time against bots, and maybe even always using a tactic that favors that particular player (whether always playing look inside for center in terms of his scoring, or run and gun for a 3pt guy to pad his stats, or whatever), but may not make sense from an overall team perspective.

For example, the top assist guy - your guy - pulls down ratings of about 6.0 to 8.0, while my SF, Elias, may be barely on the assist leader board (near the bottom of it) but was a starting all-star at SF because he puts up ratings of 12.0-14.0.

And actually, if you look at the all star game - my SG, PG and SF were all starters in the all star game from my conference, yet they barely even make the leader boards . . . and the results of the all star game were not even close.

This Post:
286426.4 in reply to 286426.3
Date: 05/11/2017 03:02:54
Overall Posts Rated:
The ratings numbers are out of whack though. My guy who leads in Assists (now 2nd) has a 15 passing rating, so he's likely the best passer in the league based on his skill level. I play him out of position because I'm training a few other guys at the PG slot to raise their guard ratings. He has yet to actually play a game at the PG position, where his ratings would be significantly higher. Stats should matter more than arbitrary ratings systems. He's not a SF or a C, but that's where he's played most of his games because he's beyond training age.

This Post:
286426.5 in reply to 286426.3
Date: 05/11/2017 03:02:55
Overall Posts Rated:
The ratings numbers are out of whack though. My guy who leads in Assists (now 2nd) has a 15 passing rating, so he's likely the best passer in the league based on his skill level. I play him out of position because I'm training a few other guys at the PG slot to raise their guard ratings. He has yet to actually play a game at the PG position, where his ratings would be significantly higher. Stats should matter more than arbitrary ratings systems. He's not a SF or a C, but that's where he's played most of his games because he's beyond training age.

This Post:
286426.6 in reply to 286426.3
Date: 05/11/2017 03:02:57
Overall Posts Rated:

This Post:
286426.8 in reply to 286426.7
Date: 05/11/2017 22:05:37
Overall Posts Rated:
The ratings numbers are out of whack though.
Stats should matter more than arbitrary ratings systems.

You are welcome to tell this to the developers of Buzzerbeater.

As for my team, I will continue to focus on improving each player's rating, as opposed to focusing on any particular stat they happen to get in a random game.

My guy who leads in Assists (now 2nd) has a 15 passing rating, so he's likely the best passer in the league based on his skill level. I play him out of position because I'm training a few other guys at the PG slot to raise their guard ratings. He has yet to actually play a game at the PG position, where his ratings would be significantly higher.

It is your choice to play a PG out of position as a SF while training other guys at the guard slots.

Personally, I would try to play more of a SF type player at the SF position, while training other guys in the guard slots.

But, SF is a hard slot to fill in Buzzerbeater and really good ones are expensive, so I too have played guys that leaned more towards either SG or PF as a SF when I wanted either a 3 guard attack type team, or a more inside focused team.

Last edited by homercat at 05/11/2017 22:24:35

This Post:
286426.9 in reply to 286426.8
Date: 06/18/2017 11:51:24
Overall Posts Rated:
At season's end, my three back court players dominated the league's MVP board - based on their player ratings and how they won each and every game for my team this past season. They did not put up huge stats, only barely making the leader boards in a category or two.

But they were league all stars and league MVPs because they are good players, not because of any arbitrary stats they happened to put up in any particular game.

And I would have had the top 4 players on the MVP rating, if I had bought my new SF earlier in the season. I bought a really good SF to improve my team for D. 3 next season. This means Anthony Payet, although he finished 3rd in the MVP voting and was an all-star, will be moved to the 6th man role as my back court super sub.

Last edited by homercat at 06/18/2017 11:52:58