BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.33 > 1280 vs 245???

1280 vs 245???

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/12/2013 13:38:09
Overall Posts Rated:
Why would Div IV have teams that range from 1280 country rank all the way to 280. They need to promote faster. People would stick around and be more interested in my opinion if they had a chance. But since I got promoted from Div V to Div IV, some of the games are just ridiculous. not so much my team, although there are teams I cant compete with at all, but some of the other teams are just out of their league. I have heard the complaint that Americans wont play if they cant win, well that is out ethos, we like to win (most of us anyway, forget the left)...lol.....but really going forward this might be something the staff at BB could look at. I love the game and Im only trying to offer constructive criticism. I hope yall take it that way.

This Post:
245562.2 in reply to 245562.1
Date: 07/14/2013 17:21:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Well success in BB only comes with the amount of time invested in BB. The thing about BB is there are different ways to earn money, which allows you to invest in your arena and the talent on your team.

-Doing well in the tournament. There's a point in the tourney where a win will net you 100K. I've only made it there once. But I've never put an emphasis on the tournament. Some ppl tank their season to do well in the tourney.

-Day trading (In earlier seasons of BB there were no penalties for purchasing a player cheaply and reselling the player for a hefty profit). It can still be a lucrative business if time is invested perusing through the TL.

-Prospect training for profits. Some people train prospect only to sell them after two or three seasons. Netting them millions.

-And the obvious, arena size.

I took the slow tedious route. I built my arena and tanked in DIV while building up a large bank account. If you want to make it past DII you really need a 20k arena and at least 5 million saved up.

This Post:
245562.3 in reply to 245562.2
Date: 07/17/2013 20:26:49
Overall Posts Rated:
I hear ya....I meant to post this in the main page thread....not in our league thread. Everything you said was right, but it still doesnt really answer the point of the post which is that the teams in this league are too diverse in terms of ability...i still love the game, and I like the league, but there are a couple teams I cannot compete with and unless they stop doing all the things you mentioned I wont be able to anytime soon...lol...all good

This Post:
245562.4 in reply to 245562.3
Date: 07/20/2013 22:27:01
Overall Posts Rated:
That's the challenge my friend, A league with active managers who know how to develop a team well, will test you to your limits. I get what your saying but the point is to build your arena, THIS IS A MUST!!!! Your base economy for netting huge sums of money. What teams won't talk about is money and how to get it. BB is a financial game to the core!! Don't spread the word! But your arena and training your players are the best way to compete at a high lvl. I see you have some trainees, I would consider training them for your team on promoting. Gameshape is the game key to winning, most likley the team with the best gameshape and the most deep rooted teams, wins the most competitions.

Having teams that are diverse is the major challenge to this game, seeing which tactics work best against the opponents defense and offense. But in terms of ability, active managers who know what there doing want to promote just like you. This is your first season in D4, your just happened to promote to a competitive league, it happens to a lot of teams. My advice is to follow what TruePlaya said in order to compete at a high level, but again teams in this league will be tryinig to promote just like you and are doing whats best for their teams.

Teams that started early have the benefits because they have been playing longer and they invested their times into the game. So it's fair to have the new teams gain some challenges. BB is also a patient game, it will take some time, but eventually the gates will start to open for your team. I promise.

Last edited by Gangstarr at 07/20/2013 22:32:36

This Post:
245562.5 in reply to 245562.4
Date: 07/20/2013 22:28:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Ranking in BB matter, but its unimportant to comparing the best teams from the best.

This Post:
245562.6 in reply to 245562.4
Date: 07/24/2013 14:28:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I agree with everything you are saying, but again it really is not what I was talking about. I was just saying the disparity is too great in this league...For instance your team has 5 more seasons than mine, but you do have a good team and really nice arena. Whereas the team that is undefeated in our league has a pathetic arena and has fully 12 more seasons than my team.. Look I like my team, this is not my first go round, I know how to train them and build my areana, I have plenty of dough and I just picked up a FA that will help me be more competitive. It seems that people think I am whining because I am not winning, that is not it, I dont expect to win right after being promoted, My main contention is that a team that is in their 3rd season like mine, and ranked 1005 at the start of the season has no real chance in a league where most of the teams have been around for over 6 or more seasons and ranked from 500 to 209....Now understand I am not complaining about losing but I have seen where BB complains that Americans quit the game when they cant promote and my contention is that if they made the divisions more competitive they would perhaps get people to stick with it. I will stick with it anyway, because I think this game is pretty awesome, I was just trying to offer an opinion about what might make the game more interesting to people....But I really like this league personally I enjoy playing against managers that are active and do a good job, and yall are almost all in that category. Do I wish it was more competitive, yes I do....I wont quit, but what I am saying is that is why a lot of players do....anyway thanks for the feedback.

This Post:
245562.7 in reply to 245562.6
Date: 07/25/2013 13:56:19
Overall Posts Rated:
For the record, I never thought you were whining or complaining about losses-- I think you have valid points. I wasn't aware of your prior BB experience, so I was just trying to offer some sound advice. In ragards to the undefeated team, if his arena size is lacking, he will get destroyed in DIII. You can't last when your opponents are making 100-200k more than you.

Also, the good thing about BB is that for up-and-coming managers can focus on developing prospects and their goals can be to get their prospect on the U21 team, or perhaps the national team, rather than promoting. Or they can focus on doing well in the tournament. Success comes in different ways while playing BB. Promotion will come with time invested; however, there are short-term goals that can be easily had.

I rememeber when I was new, I knocked out a DII team out of the tourney (I believe I was D4 at the time) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of his anguish. I was reading his league forum and he was ranting about the loss.

This Post:
245562.8 in reply to 245562.6
Date: 07/25/2013 13:56:33
Overall Posts Rated:
For the record, I never thought you were whining or complaining about losses-- I think you have valid points. I wasn't aware of your prior BB experience, so I was just trying to offer some sound advice. In regards to the undefeated team, if his arena size is lacking, he will get destroyed in DIII. You can't last when your opponents are making 100-200k more than you.

Also, the good thing about BB is that for up-and-coming managers can focus on developing prospects and their goals can be to get their prospect on the U21 team, or perhaps the national team, rather than promoting. Or they can focus on doing well in the tournament. Success comes in different ways while playing BB. Promotion will come with time invested; however, there are short-term goals that can be easily had.

I rememeber when I was new, I knocked out a DII team out of the tourney (I believe I was D4 at the time) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of his anguish. I was reading his league forum and he was ranting about the loss.

Last edited by Tru6Playa at 07/25/2013 13:56:57

This Post:
245562.9 in reply to 245562.7
Date: 07/26/2013 13:40:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Well just to clarify, I really appreciate your responses and I have picked up some good tips. My previous team never got about D IV....before I got kicked because I was letting my nephew use my computer to play and they thought I was running two teams...It was a bad deal. But this time I am excited. Thanks again for the responses and the tips.

This Post:
245562.10 in reply to 245562.8
Date: 07/26/2013 13:42:36
Overall Posts Rated:
And yeah, take a look at 242 Lions arena, it is tiny. and none of his players are Americans...I dont get how he has been around for so long and never built his arena, but I digress...lol His team whipped mine like a drum...lol

Also, I really like your team....

Last edited by Pistol Pete at 07/26/2013 13:44:35

This Post:
245562.11 in reply to 245562.10
Date: 07/30/2013 00:04:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Shilling made the AllStar team in this monster league....wow...i am honored...