This Post:
318150.2 in reply to 318150.1
Date: 02/13/2023 02:54:29
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Did the player in question play on Saturday? Fans do not buy the jerseys of players who do not play in the league.

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318150.3 in reply to 318150.2
Date: 02/13/2023 06:17:38
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
None of my players has minutes. My opponent made a WO.
Now, with your question, I know the reason, but I think this not be penalizing the team has suffered the 'WO'.
If this isn't considered a bug , tell me to open a minor suggestion.
Thanks in advance

This Post:
318150.4 in reply to 318150.3
Date: 02/13/2023 07:28:49
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
I agree that this is unfair to you, and that you should have some income.

I have moved the thread to suggestions. What solution do you suggest?

Last edited by GM-The Brave Highlander at 02/13/2023 08:36:07

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318150.5 in reply to 318150.4
Date: 02/13/2023 12:09:46
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
I agree that this is unfair to you, and that you should have some income.

I have moved the thread to suggestions. What solution do you suggest?

I don't know how it is calculated, so It's difficult to propose a fair solution.
But I write some ideas here (depending on the parameters that are included in the calculation):

- If the minutes played have an influence: consider the same ones used for training and form

- If the parameters of the match are taken into account:
* if the week with WO occurs before the All Star Game: consider the average per minute of the player in each of the parameters in the previous season, and multiply them by the minutes considered
* if the week with WO occurs after the All Star Game: consider the average per minute of the player in each of the parameters in current season, and multiply them by the minutes considered

- If the player's position in each of the player classifications is taken into account, consider that of the previous or current season, depending on which is more appropriate to the calculation that is normally carried out (in the case of WO in the first week, as is the case, it would be with the data of the previous season)

I think that BBs can have better and more accourate ideas for this situation, but you have asked...

Thanks and regards.

This Post:
318150.6 in reply to 318150.5
Date: 02/14/2023 19:02:53
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Jersey sales (based on my understanding) depends on number of games and how high their stats are ranked. I think walkovers don't count as games, so your players technically played 0 games and earned 0 stats, which is why they earn nothing. It sucks tho.

Maybe BB should have a base number for such situations - like set a floor percentage of merch earned by players suffering a walkover in week 1. It technically shouldn't matter later on in the season (unless your player is 1 game short of making the rankings chart). Either that or they should schedule it so that teams have 2 games before the first financial update - this should even solve the problem of no HCA in the first week, tho it might actually take a pretty big overhaul.

This Post:
318150.7 in reply to 318150.6
Date: 02/15/2023 04:18:41
La Ribera B.C.
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
La Ribera Oilers
Although it is much less probable, it can happen that in a week all your rivals WO, so the solution should be thought to solve any possibility.

My opinion is that this is a bug (it is not a technical bug, but a functional bug since it seems that there may be a consensus that it should not work like this).

For me, the important thing is that it be analyzed and resolved for the future (in my case, we are talking about 30k?... it is not a significant amount). What I don't know is if it is treated like this because it is in the suggestions thread instead of the bugs thread (if any BB or GM can clarify it, I would be grateful).

Last edited by Tatamka at 02/15/2023 04:19:09

This Post:
318150.8 in reply to 318150.7
Date: 02/15/2023 05:27:51
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Jersey sales only apply to players who have played enough games to make the rankings. Meaning if your player plays every league game, it won't matter if at mid or late season, 3 or 4 of your opponents WO in 1-2 consecutive weeks. They will still get jersey sales. It is not a bug, but rather there is a loophole in the system.

Do you know why you didn't get any jersey sales? Look at your league page, at the league leaders part. It says "Minimum 1 games played" on the right side of the box. That number grows as the season goes on. By the end of the season, it should be 15 games. So it means that if your player played 15 games in a row, then all your opponents give you WOs for the rest of the season, you will still get jersey sales. The only time you won't, is like I mentioned, is if your player is one game short of the number needed to qualify for the rankings (or if they have enough games for that week but the number goes up the next week, then 2 WO in a row would give him 0 jersey sales). Hence it is most likely to happen at the start of the season. Chances of it happening later on is really rare unless you play your players minimally.

What happened is that your player was recorded to play 0 games due to the walkover (I assume this is done so as not to affect the game average stats), so that's why it doesn't qualify for jersey sales. So it's definitely not a bug.

I think what we need is walkovers to be counted as games played in the "minimum games needed to qualify for rankings", but not counted in the average stats calculations.