Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/18/2009 17:38:31
Tiptoners
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello all,

I have a suggestion that could be interesting and I think it would bring more strategy, more management and more reality to the game.

As in real life players should have time contracts with the teams.
How this would work (ofcourse these are suggestion that could be discussed and balanced out)

- When you buy a player he comes with a 1 season contract.
- You can renew his contract for 1 or 5 (max) seasons
- When you renew your players contract you play a fee:
Lets say:
for 1 season the fee will be players salary x 3
ie. salary=5,000$ : renewal fee 5,000x3=15,000$
for 3 seasons fee will be: player's salary x2 per season
ie salary=5,000$: renewal fee: 5,000x2x3=30,000$
for 5 seasons fee will be salary x 1.5 per season
ie salary=5,000$: renewal fee: 5,000x1.5x5=37,500$
- When a player is sold in Transfer List player will require a percentage depending on the length of his contract:
for 1 season contract player will require a 5% of the price he was sold after the transfer fees are payed
for 3 seasons contract player will require a 1.5% of the price he was sold after the transfer fees are payed
for 5 seasons contract player will get nothing so manager gets 100%
- When a player's contract ends and manager has not renewed it then the player automatically gets into transfer list as free agent. Manager will get the 70% of the price he is sold.
- New team players and draftees come with a 5 seasons contract.
- Draftees salaries have a 10-20% discount if they stay with they team which drafted them as long as they are in the team. This comes as a bonus to teams who keep and train their drafts and as good contract terms for the team who drafted them.
Helps more team who are more training oriented.
- Increase Merchandise revenues and maybe a bit the tickets income in order teams to overcome these extra costs. Helps more teams who are more towards to win and advance

More long term roster, tactics, finance and training strategy, better managers will chose their approach and control their rosters and finances better. Less unbalanced daytrading.
More reality to the game.

I think it comes with more pluses to game experience and depth and less minuses which is a bit more time required (and brain work) to manage a team.

Last edited by Sosta at 01/18/2009 19:22:40

This Post:
69216.2 in reply to 69216.1
Date: 01/18/2009 19:20:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me stress that this is my opinion (albeit an educated one), but this is extremely unlikely to ever happen.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
69216.3 in reply to 69216.2
Date: 01/18/2009 19:25:32
Tiptoners
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately I am afraid that I will agree with you. :-(
But I felt it was worth to be posted so they have it read and keep it in mind just in case....

But you did n t tell me if you like it though...

Last edited by Sosta at 01/18/2009 19:26:54

This Post:
69216.4 in reply to 69216.3
Date: 01/18/2009 20:05:45
Overall Posts Rated:
But you did n t tell me if you like it though...

No.

It's change for the sake of change.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
69216.5 in reply to 69216.1
Date: 01/18/2009 20:20:52
Overall Posts Rated:
for 1 season the fee will be players salary x 3
ie. salary=5,000$ : renewal fee 5,000x3=15,000$
for 3 seasons fee will be: player's salary x2 per season
ie salary=5,000$: renewal fee: 5,000x2x3=30,000$
for 5 seasons fee will be salary x 1.5 per season
ie salary=5,000$: renewal fee: 5,000x1.5x5=37,500$

so you make a five season contract, because you want to sell those player?

- Draftees salaries have a 10-20% discount if they stay with they team which drafted them as long as they are in the team. This comes as a bonus to teams who keep and train their drafts and as good contract terms for the team who drafted them.
Helps more team who are more training oriented.

Wouldn't be that more luck orientated, because you got an huge benefit when you got a good draft, but can not the trainee you need?

- When a player's contract ends and manager has not renewed it then the player automatically gets into transfer list as free agent. Manager will get the 70% of the price he is sold.

This was a lovely change for traders himself, you don't want to see in that game - because they won't play the game like you want^^

More long term roster, tactics, finance and training strategy, better managers will chose their approach and control their rosters and finances better. Less unbalanced daytrading.

i know i am mister 14 transfers each season, and must be against it because i am a huge trader ;)

But when i started the game i have to change my rooster pretty often, because i need better player, and this movement is fun ... Just sitting and waiting to get an team in four season, would not be my thing or waiting to get some day a good c trainee and have to loose my season.

This Post:
69216.6 in reply to 69216.1
Date: 01/18/2009 20:45:13
Overall Posts Rated:
I think to make this suggestion an interesting one from a strategic point of view you would need to have a much more drastic change... namely that ratings and rating progression would have to be much more variable. Potential maybe should be hidden, or something like that... so they you get the risk/reward tradeoff of having a long term contract be potentially cheaper if the player gets better.. but potentially expensive/hard to unload if the player gets significantly worse off.

In general I think it would make it harder to change your team around.. and that would keep people's involvement in the game down and that would be a bad thing

This Post:
69216.7 in reply to 69216.6
Date: 01/18/2009 20:46:31
Overall Posts Rated:
In general I think it would make it harder to change your team around.. and that would keep people's involvement in the game down and that would be a bad thing

Actually, it will probably do exactly the opposite.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
69216.8 in reply to 69216.7
Date: 01/19/2009 02:46:18
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you just need this rule...
Player has to play 2 LEAGUE games for the team before you can TL him lol 4 week injury in first game would own. In this case you just can't buy at game day and sell right after. They could play them for 2 minutes or whatever but it still makes daytrading extreamly annoying:)
Contract thing seemd a little fuzzy and dumb to punish people every offseason with another contract cost (what if you just ran out of money and can not afford any of your team members? all transferlisted).
It just seems you are blinded by hatred against daytrades and seem to neglate the easiest way to counter it.
Still the biggest problems are the "dumb" users or the "friends" who create an account buy the players for idiotic prices without looking at the history and then leave the game.

This Post:
69216.9 in reply to 69216.8
Date: 01/19/2009 02:46:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Last post was ment for sosta sorry:(

This Post:
69216.10 in reply to 69216.7
Date: 01/19/2009 07:23:05
Overall Posts Rated:

Actually, it will probably do exactly the opposite.

I would love to put this to the test... I agree with DonkeyMan (no relative!)

To grow and evolve at the fastest speed involves a gradual rotation of playing staff. You are in favour of preventing this from happening and in turn deterring the most adventurous and dare I say it successful managers that others aspire to build their rosters like.

If we all keep existing players forever then there must be at least 15% of managers capable of training effectively with a divergence of lets say 5%.

When these teams then play with the paper, scissors, stone scenario we are back to a very basic simulation with luck playing the major factor.

There are fewer ways now to improve your team than there were 12months ago or should I say the options that are there make it somewhat slower. Lets not take away or reduce anymore variables.