BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Tactical Advantage

Tactical Advantage

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/3/2009 4:09:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe it is time to change the enthusiasm policy. I personally am against the idea in total but I believe it is going to be in the game then it should be changed to a more realistic factor.

Each team should be a loud 3 times each in the course of their season to play both crunch time and TIE. This way players need to decide whether to use it for a key game or a TV game or the rival game. It also will make the opposing coach decide if he should match the intensity or not. It also makes it more like real life as you are the only one who knows what you’re doing.

It also means know more losing games or winning games because your team or the other team’s enthusiasm level is too high. I hate losing or winning games for this factor. This game is becoming much better as the years go on but there are still factors such as this that are unrealistic and unfair.

The enthusiasm factor gives a great deal of benefits to top tier teams in their leagues and severely hurts team trying to stay away from relegation. My suggestion makes it fair all across the board. If a team wants to use it against the top team to beat him so be it. Most teams try harder against the Celtics this year than last. If you want to win on TV or against your rival that also makes sense. Why should a team play like they don’t care all season long and get better because of it and it makes them better in the long run as other teams are scratching out every win they can possibly get.

Thank you for your time and I would love to hear your opinions as well.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
66911.2 in reply to 66911.1
Date: 1/3/2009 10:12:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It also will make the opposing coach decide if he should match the intensity or not.

How exactly is it going to happen, if you don't know what intensity the other team is playing with?!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
66911.3 in reply to 66911.1
Date: 1/3/2009 10:26:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that something has to be done. But I like to play sometimes harder against weaker teams if I have to win (and in the league certainly I have to).

Last edited by Iordanou at 1/3/2009 10:26:34 AM

This Post:
66911.4 in reply to 66911.2
Date: 1/3/2009 10:38:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just like in real life you have to motivate your team on the right not. Which is crunch time. You would never tell your team to TIE. If a coach was playing it easier on a certain night he would use his bench more and not tell his players to play less hard.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
66911.5 in reply to 66911.4
Date: 1/3/2009 10:42:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not necessarily - if it was a few days before a big game then he might tell them to take less risks to avoid injuries in the run up, so they wouldn't play as physically.

This Post:
66911.6 in reply to 66911.4
Date: 1/3/2009 10:43:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just like in real life you have to motivate your team on the right not. Which is crunch time. You would never tell your team to TIE. If a coach was playing it easier on a certain night he would use his bench more and not tell his players to play less hard.

Right. Or alternatively you can think of TIE as a situation where the team just does half the preparation, watches less film, and spends less time discussing the scouting reports.

The real life explanation is kind of tired right now, given that it can easily be spinned either way. A solid gameplay reason is significantly more important.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
66911.7 in reply to 66911.5
Date: 1/3/2009 10:46:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have played high school and college ball in the sates and played semi pro in Israel and have coache or been a part of coaching staffs over the years. Never in my life di i have a coach tell us nto play less hard ortake less risks outside of specific moments or against certain players.

Also this makes it more realisric for all teams involved and does not give any 1 team an advantage.

This Post:
66911.8 in reply to 66911.7
Date: 1/3/2009 10:58:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but afaik there is a different in intensivity betwenn play off and regular season matches, especially in the NBA where the players have to play pretty much games, each season.

Maybe you don't say it directly, but maybe you handle an take it easy behaviour with more respect instead of benching your player and shoot at him.

This Post:
66911.9 in reply to 66911.8
Date: 1/3/2009 11:22:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tell me when you TIE in the playoffs. A player may do so on his own but i have a hard believing under coaches orders. Even if your up 20 you dont say anything as we have all seen teams come back from that.

This Post:
66911.10 in reply to 66911.9
Date: 1/3/2009 11:32:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i say they are difference betwen regular season and PlayOff, and i mean TIE in the regular season ;)

This Post:
66911.11 in reply to 66911.10
Date: 1/3/2009 11:46:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i'm Sorry but i dont understand you question entirely.

There is a differnce agreed. But all the teams who make the playoffs will be at the same playoff level as they are at the same regular season level. There are always players who can bring more to their teams such as Garnett ifor the Celtics but that is i;m assuming a hidden skill in this game and is not a team thing in real life.