BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Philippines > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
322981.2 in reply to 322981.1
Date: 03/05/2024 22:31:02
Laguna Buko Mixers
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Laguna Bay Mantarays
Magandang Araw Pilipinas!

I’m Leo, manager of Laguna Buko Mixers (54375), and I want to express my intention to run for the U21 Coach/ Manager position. This is my first time to run, but I believe my long BB experience will be more than enough to effectively lead our U21 team towards our goal of being a perennial powerhouse not just in Asia, but in the Worlds.

I have been playing BB for several years. I spent those years experimenting lineups and tactics, and at the same time, training players which could help me in my championship aspirations. Luckily, I got 2 PPL championships and 1 Philippine Cup championship. I want to bring this championship experience to our U21 team.

Speaking of training, I have trained a bunch of U21 studs: guards, bigs and SFs. My utopia team is dedicated to providing quality U21 players (I'm training 3 Pinoy guards in there currently). As for our NT, I have trained 2 NT guards, namely Siegfred Estillore (Point Guard, (38155755)) and Raymund Duraliza (Shooting Guard, (47741036)). Now, I’m training 2 future Pinoy NT bigs in Dave Lemoncito (51804078) and Allen Dechos (51800811), and they’re doing pretty well so far! So, if anyone wants to know how to train NT and U21 prospects effectively, shoot me a BB-mail and I’ll help you train it.

I think only a few guys know that I was involved in the U21 scene as an assistant coach to Coach Morwood in the last 6 seasons. I was mostly involved in tactics and scouting opponents. We made it to the Worlds twice (out of 3 possible World stints), so I’d say we did a pretty decent job. Plan is to continue to build on this momentum and be more competitive in the Worlds. To do that, we need a constant influx of talents in all age groups. I will be reaching out to the trainers of our young prospects, and that includes those who own newly drafted Pinoy U21 prospects, especially with the new 19-year-old draft upgrades.

Win or lose, I’ll be supporting our National teams in any capacity. Hope the other candidates do the same as well. Let’s help each other out and make Pilipinas Basketball great again!

Maraming salamat!

- Leo