BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Türkiye > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
316460.2 in reply to 316460.1
Date: 11/03/2022 16:43:39
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
Feel free to ask me any questions here. I'd like to briefly analyze the group that Turkey got.

1st seed: Italy (WR 5)
Italy is a country with the most amount of users in BB, together with Spain. With France, they are probably the strongest NT from the 1st seeds. With 7 gold medals, and 25 medals in totals, they are always aiming for the top, and are the 1st favorite of this group.

2nd seed: Germany (WR 16)
There are weaker NTs from the 2nd seeds, like Bulgaria & Slovenia, but considering that Spain and Poland are also 2nd seeds, it's not too bad to draw Germany. They didn't win a medal between seasons 16-50, though they've won 4 medals in the last 8 seasons, and are probably hoping to win a medal this season as well. But my impression is that there isn't too much difference in strength between Germany and Turkey, so they are a NT whose strength should be respected, but not feared.

4th seed: England (WR 35)
With 158 users, they are relatively strong nation for a 4th seed. They never won any medals, but they are strong enough to sometimes cause upsets against bigger BB nations.

5th seed: Macedonia (WR 52)
There are stronger 5th seeded NTs, like Croatia and Hungary, so getting Macedonia here is pretty good.

6th seed: Swiss (WR 55)
Probably the strongest 6th seeded NT after Czech. For a small BB nation, they were pretty successful in the early days of BB. They haven't won a medal since season 14, but they can be a tricky opponent to play against.

7th seed: Luxembourg (WR 75) & 8th seed: Island (WR 84)
All the 7th seeded and 8th seeded NTs are quite weak, and they won't pose a threat to bigger BB nations.

Overall, the group is pretty tough, but it could have been much worse if Spain or Poland were drawn from the 2nd seeded. Realistically, Italy is a favorite, while Germany and Turkey should be battling for the 2nd position, and England, Macedonia and Swiss are probably hoping to cause some upsets and perhaps be competitive for the 2nd place as well.

The schedule is such that Turkey got a short end of the stick. First 4 games are against Macedonia, England, Italy and Germany. And England, Italy and Germany will all most likely have maximum enthusiasm in the game against us, since they have weak opponents before our game. But it is what it is. On the other hand, if Turkey does pass the group stage, it won't be with low enthusiasm, considering that the last 3 games are against 6th-8th seeds.

This Post:
316460.5 in reply to 316460.3
Date: 11/05/2022 08:23:15
BC Žalgiris -
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Žaliai Balti -
Hi Captain ,
Nice to meet you & thank you for your message.

Absolutely,always nice to speak with someone who's interested in basketball,tactical side Is my favourite part,bc small details matters so much, i believe team make victories, not the coach. That's why teams has many assistants.

As a NT coach I started step by step, from the lowest rankings national teams ( with all the respect Iran) They average team In Asia,the community Is very small, was hard to find managers who willing to train their nationality players, but you always must find the way how to motivate them that It will be benefit to them too.( same like in real world - find peoples desire and motivate them. )
In my first season with Iran,I believe we were close to medals,In last minutes lost vs China ,never know how could end up if won. At the end we finished at the 3rd position In group and get qualified to World Cup repachge.

Is always not easy to fight for any national teams against China,Hong kong, Taiwan. My benefit of this experience,I scouted pretty well Asian Continent and I know them already, as I'm 8seasons In row working with national teams I familiriesd with all countries,pretty much all countries scouted, got my database with skills of some NT players,I track this for future reference and benefits for myself, either is NT or own club.

With England we had good periods, season 54 as the fourth team , in front of Germany,Bosnia,Estonia we acomplished go to next phase. Be between best 12 Europe countries and gain more experience was fantastic experience,I believe right decisions brings victories,I love small details in basketball, every small thing I think at least twice.

Compare Iran and England,we had 8x times more users, that means our NT level off course Is higher it makes life much easier, when you can message your ideas 100+ people, and where you could communicate only with 14+.
I have my standards, no matter at what level National team coach you're all players must reach same level - maximum of his potential. I've been reaching out every single manager about their prospects ,possibilities to join NT,even if they not reach the level In NT,they have great home grown player and useful for their own club - I love helping people , that's my personality always helpful and generous.

You need to make connection with community and the people who believe In your dreams, also make their dreams come true - every GM wanna have their player In NT. You must follow consistency that's the only key you could accomplish your goals, and be patient. Absolutely communication with U-21 coach, have the same vision and go same path, we creating future, some BB users follow your guidelines so you must be an example to others.
Consistency,dedication,connection with coaches, community is the only success to reach the goals , and the goal for me is only trophies.

In my opinion In NT must be best 18 players, the combination of experience and future. Those who gaining EXP in matches and In future will become leaders. I will tell to everyone very clear and honest statement - Only thing I care In scrimmages Is how to gain more experience for future generation, I don't play for statistics to prove I won all friendly matches ( off course is effect your ranking) But all is matters when Is championship starts, scrimmages is for try some different tactical things, add the younger prospects who deserved their minutes.

With all respect to Tunjevina, I don't like force things in advance while I'm not elected and do things In Advance,first elections ,than group phase scouting, and then only think about first opponent match.
For myself Is the only game matters Is the day I play,If you think about your next game,or next phase you could be easily beaten, focus just on the week game.
Step by step!

Good luck In elections gents.

Regards,
Vicka

This Post:
316460.6 in reply to 316460.3
Date: 11/05/2022 09:20:55
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
I'm happy to see you two in our elections. Lithuania and Serbia are the leading countries in Europe as a real life basketball culture. It would be nice to have you in our forums to talk about real life basketball, espacially Euroleague, and BB.

We like to say for our country that we are “the land of basketball”

As far as you know, coaching NT is not all about managing roster and setting the line up. Training and following the younger players' who are not ready for NT level process and etc are also important. Do you two have any plan about these kind of works?

My expectation is for there to be between 350-450 players in a database that should be followed for the main NT. Half of those players would be 18-21yo, and for those young players I'd definitely like to have scouts who would follow them. I'm not familiar if your U21 staff is already taking care of those players, if they are, than that would help a lot.

As for the 22-25yo, any help from the scouts would be welcome. If there aren't scouts who would be willing to help, I would get in touch with the managers of those players myself. And for all the 26+ year olds, I plan to follow them myself. I can't promise results, but I can promise that all the managers with potential NT players will be contacted about training.