311358.2 in reply to 311358.1
Date: 7/29/2021 4:06:17 AM
Szepiz Playground
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ground Zero
Short answer yes.

Js 18 means that he is shooting the ball a lot, 11 Jr not enough to compliment as pretty much defenders with OD 11-12 can guard him well.
His 9 IS also not that high, a guard with 9 ID also be able to stop him well.
So you end up with a guy with lots of attempt and low %.
Of course all depends on the league where you are at.
Sz.

This Post:
311358.3 in reply to 311358.2
Date: 7/29/2021 4:25:29 AM
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
I'm not sure your answer is fully correct. I have a player with 18 JS, 12 JR and 5 IS and he is shooting 58% FG and 51% 3FG scoring 22 ppg so I don't think players with only 11/12 OD 'can guard him well'.

I know the league I am in isn't the strongest but i would expect most of my league has guards that have at least 11 OD guarding him. I think it would be more realistic that 15OD would be required to guard him to a good standard (the average of his JS and JR)

This Post:
311358.5 in reply to 311358.4
Date: 7/29/2021 7:19:14 AM
Szepiz Playground
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ground Zero
That +2 Jr matters a lot.
I remember 2 years ago in my U21 squad I had a very good player with approx. 14-15 Js + 9 JR, and he was a relatively bad shooter. Once we achieved during the season his Jr 11, he suddenly improved a lot in terms of efficiency and offensive potential. That 2 JR were a huge boost.

Also secondaries and in which position you are putting him in which tactic.
On the other hand I think it is not that easy and really depends on your league.
I have a guy with JS 16 + Jr 15 and IS 10. Currently I`m in the II. div in our league (and obviously different Div II are also vary, one can be relatively weak like others strong) all in all he has been doing 51% 2 points and "only 38%" three point.
I`m pretty sure in my current league the average OD is around 15-16, only a few (top 1-2 teams) might have higher.

If you also taking into account that fact based on the game engine the most efficient set up would be JS=Jr, and DR should be higher then your offensive skills, which in my case almost perfect, I would not say that he is that outstanding. I mean he is very good, and he is not the best player in my team so when I play patient not he is the go to guy, but those %-s are not that super good.

Again there are lots of factors to look at the same time.
Was your player a dominant player in the roster (I would say yes) or a well trained good player but in between other 2-3 similar players?

Sz.

This Post:
311358.7 in reply to 311358.6
Date: 7/29/2021 8:59:15 AM
Szepiz Playground
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ground Zero
Well.
18 DR definitely helps however as per my knowledge and experience his IS is relatively low and his Js is high.
The 18 DR will help him to make more drive and 1on1, however his low IS does not allow him to be efficient.
The 18 JS also force him to shoot more than I think here comes the problem. Jr is not high enough to support his outside shots hence his % is not that good also his low IS does not support him to finish his 1on1s.

I`m pretty sure for his set up the Push the ball is not a good choice as it forces more outside shots. On the other hand you will still struggle with him with other tactics as explained above.
You can also do a little analyses. Look back 1-2 games and focus on his shot selections on the court. My gut feeling (because of the high JS) the majority of the attempts are coming from mid range jump shots + threes.

With LI, you are making it even worst. for LI you need good PA and good IS with lots of DR and HA. you do not need JS and JR. If you force him to play LI with his skills you are pretty much putting yourself into a disadvantage before the tip off.
Sz.

This Post:
311358.9 in reply to 311358.8
Date: 7/29/2021 10:42:56 AM
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Sounds like you need more of a Jerami Grant type of player... i just wanted to throw a pistons player into the conversation

This Post:
311358.10 in reply to 311358.8
Date: 7/29/2021 11:06:21 AM
Szepiz Playground
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ground Zero
Yeah...
One of the beauty of the game is that you can (actually need to) build a team for a type of strategy. You can not have only all around players and be successful. You need some sort of specialization and be dominant with that.
Those type of training that your guy has is a bit (for me and this is my only private opinion) odd and does not make sense.

Also consider this:
- if you want a well trained good set up player high in everything you will end up looking in a very small pool for players with extremely high salaries and cost. These are the type of players that are trained for good / top nations national team. Long and logical training aiming 135-140+ TSP with a good setup.
You only need these type of players if you want to compete in the very high end, BBB or you are dedicated trainers for NT.

- if you step back one or two from this small group, now you are aiming those players that were still well trained with some sort of logic and could be used in many positions and will be solid players for your team. Still relatively pricy.

- and then you can look for / build / train for beside a specific logic. Let`s say that you want to have a team be able to dominate with 3-2 zone defense, or you want a team for LI strictly. Now you are targeting certain skills trained well, not everything. Price range will be totally different, but you need some logic around them.