Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/15/2021 01:30:46
Centro Vasco
LNA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Centro Vasco II
What about implementing a scouting points market. Something similar to the transfer list (or as part of the TL) where you can put some of your scouting points on sale (be it either a number of your choice or a fixed amount).

Many users would like to have something resembling draft pick exchange in the nba and a scouting points market would bring the possibility to exchange draft capital in a way that is compatible with the principles of buzzerbeater. It would basically add another economic feature with supply and demand. Sometimes you need points and would pay a higher price than the 5k/point neutral price and sometimes you need money for players and may sell them for less. I imagine at first there will be more demand than supply but it may adjust with time, since users are more likely to invest in the draft if they know they can get some money back in case they need to.

Maybe it was suggested before but I've missed the thread. Now that the draft list is out there and I have no points I would certainly like to buy some haha

This Post:
309314.2 in reply to 309314.1
Date: 05/20/2021 00:49:52
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Love the idea... Win-Win to both new teams that would like to develop first his Economy/Facilities before looking for a Trainee and Top teams that is willing to buy additional Scouting Points to help a new team or just hoard it for future use or Buy and Sell Economic strategy...

Just to make an addition:

Market could make us Buy and Sell our Points per piece for a fixed Price instantly... can cancel the Market post/stall anytime
-Selling Post= seller would only place the number of points he is willing to sell and the amount of each point.
-Buying Post= select from the list of Manager names, enter how many we are willing to buy. Managers can Sell their points until the entered amount of points is satisfied... so the Manager that is Buying can still recieve/buy Points
even his offline.

Auction could make us post Scouting Points in Bulk and wait for the expiration to finish the deal...

But users cant use the same feature at the same time or whenever 1 (Market or Auction) is on active.. So no automatic return of Income or circulation of funds... that can be used for Money Transfer from one team to another.

Additional Feature we can use the collected Scouting Points is to Trade of Draft Pick placement/order... it could be a Season-long... back and forth excahnge of deals of managers until both parties are satisfied with the trade condition.... and a designated or dedicated page that would be visible to the public ...for the list of ongoing offer of Trades that is going on and the finished deals...and the updated Drafting Order of the League... Managers can counter every offer that is on the table and Accept or Decline each of every offer he recieves...

Offer is adjustable... can include the First Round, the Second Round and Third Round if wanted.

It could be wild if users can choose to add a Player (or even Ingame Currency/Money) on these Trades... But that could make the game feel like more of the real life scenarios.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 05/20/2021 01:08:09

This Post:
309314.4 in reply to 309314.3
Date: 05/21/2021 02:51:16
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree but what kind of manager will do that kind of thing? I think only cheaters will intentionally do that... BB can stablsh a Suggested Selling Price and those who fail to do so can be just not permit his post to take place... POints can probably be sold 10K a piece to respect the 10K per 4 points of the current system... and with that almost all the developing teams would have an additional strategy how to Gain more $.... kinda thought of it as paying other Teams' scouts to work for you

This Post:
309314.5 in reply to 309314.3
Date: 05/22/2021 08:59:14
Centro Vasco
LNA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Centro Vasco II
Yes, the current scouting prices would then become a sort of floor/ceiling for market prices. Basically if you want to buy 4 points, you would never pay more than 40k, since you can get those points fro that same amount with the current system. But if you want to buy more than 4, then maybe you would, depending on supply and demand, etc. On the other side, I guess in certain periods of the year you would be able to buy for less that 5k per point, but that would be most likely rare, and it could actually be in itself an investment

This Post:
309314.6 in reply to 309314.3
Date: 05/30/2021 12:19:19
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
But with the suggested feature... you can Sell already your for Scouting points as early as you like... of if the BBs' see fit... even Trade your Drafting spots for a large some of Scouting points or even $ if they will it... this will open a lot more option of Economic Strategy and even more gameplay options.

Sell Internationally your excess or collected amount of Scouting point of the Season if you plan to be competitive and choose not to prioritize the Draft... And Trade your First ROund Pick to a Leagues 2nd or 3rd Round Pick in exchange of Scouting points(or even money)

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 05/30/2021 12:26:51

This Post:
309314.7 in reply to 309314.1
Date: 06/01/2021 18:13:58
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a great idea, but I honestly think it will give more rewards to a team that is tanking to get great picks, this system would allow them to scout the entire draft just by spending money.

I don't know if it has been suggested before, but what if we actually make a draft pick exchange. I have thought on two options, number one is the option to sell a pick in the Transfer Market where teams could only bid on picks from their own leagues, and option number two is through the forums, where teams could advertise their pick in their league's forum.

Option Number 1: Transfer Market
- User teams would have the option to elect one or two of it's picks to go to the transfer market;
- There would need to have a floor and a ceiling price for each round that the pick belongs; (1st Round > 2nd Round > 3rd Round)
- Only the teams from the same league should be allowed to bid;

Option Number 2: League's Forum
- User teams that are not interested in the season's draft, would have the option to advertise on the league's forum that their pick are on the trade block;
- Interested teams would then have the ability to negotiate a trade for the pick;
- Only pick exchange would be allowed, the difference of the pick value should be made through a set price for the 3 different rounds;

This Post:
309314.8 in reply to 309314.7
Date: 06/02/2021 01:06:04
Centro Vasco
LNA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Centro Vasco II
Yes, you are right that it would be a way of favoring money over teams that do "long term planning" and have their scouting points timely accumulated for the right draft. And it certainly favor tanking teams and even more homegrown teams. However I still think it would add a little bit more dynamic to the draft, which is in the end what I think is missing.

Regarding your proposal, I think option 1 would be a very good idea idea and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Option 2, like trading players, is more complicated and I think it can't be easily implemented from a practical standpoint apparently. If not we would maybe already have had something like trading already in the game

This Post:
309314.9 in reply to 309314.7
Date: 06/02/2021 05:26:50
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:

Option Number 1: Transfer Market
- User teams would have the option to elect one or two of it's picks to go to the transfer market;
- There would need to have a floor and a ceiling price for each round that the pick belongs; (1st Round > 2nd Round > 3rd Round)
- Only the teams from the same league should be allowed to bid;

Option Number 2: League's Forum
- User teams that are not interested in the season's draft, would have the option to advertise on the league's forum that their pick are on the trade block;
- Interested teams would then have the ability to negotiate a trade for the pick;
- Only pick exchange would be allowed, the difference of the pick value should be made through a set price for the 3 different rounds;

Additional Feature we can use the collected Scouting Points is to Trade of Draft Pick placement/order... it could be a Season-long... back and forth excahnge of deals of managers until both parties are satisfied with the trade condition.... and a designated or dedicated page that would be visible to the public ...for the list of ongoing offer of Trades that is going on and the finished deals...and the updated Drafting Order of the League... Managers can counter every offer that is on the table and Accept or Decline each of every offer he recieves...

Offer is adjustable... can include the First Round, the Second Round and Third Round if wanted.

It could be wild if users can choose to add a Player (or even Ingame Currency/Money) on these Trades... But that could make the game feel like more of the real-life scenarios.

Sorry if I didnt make it clear enough... but we have the same Idea... that Draftpick orders are transactions only available between same League Teams... but Trade infos are open to public to be able to re criticize or even report if used malisciously.

This Post:
309314.10 in reply to 309314.9
Date: 06/02/2021 10:04:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry I missed that man, I'm going to be honest, I did not read your post until the end.

Either way, I am a visual person, I like to have everything visually broke down so I can better understand, and that is why I formatted my post the way it is.

Last edited by Maverick Hendrix at 06/02/2021 10:23:28