BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Merges by language

Merges by language

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/04/2021 09:20:17
Overall Posts Rated:
I see several users complaining that this or that is not working properly and has to be changed. But most times they are managers from small leagues. It is impossible for a Internet game to be competitive with so few users. That is the true problem. More games or a reorganization of competitions won't solve that.

On another note, GMs always ask us not to be political in the forum. But the fact is that BB is the first actor to be political. I mean, we are in the Internet, there is no reason to divide us by country. BB is actively supporting the current political system for no reason.

The excuse to do that, is they want us to be active and understand each other in the forums.
Is that true or is that an excuse?
If that is true, the natural thing to do is to divide us by language, not by country.

So my suggestion is to completely change the league systems:
(1) Divide teams by language
(2) Leagues for languages chosen by at least 1000 teams
(3) Each manager can choose his language, regardless of where he created the team.

This Post:
309015.3 in reply to 309015.2
Date: 04/04/2021 12:50:14
Overall Posts Rated:
They can choose among the languages in the game.

This is what happens in most internet games.
You can select a server, which implies to select a language.
If there are not enough players for a server, the server is closed.

Maybe you can make a initial poll and estimate the number of users for these languages:
English
Spanish
Italian
French
Chinese
Polish
German

and see if there would be enough managers to make the league competitive.

I can't think of any other language with enough potential managers at the moment.

This Post:
309015.5 in reply to 309015.4
Date: 04/04/2021 14:31:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Now it is f*ck anyone not playing from a country with many users
plus
f*ck anyone that wants to use a language different to the official language of the country where he created the team

I didn't know the goal was to lose even more users.

More users than we lose because they are playing in mini-leagues surrounded by bots and semi-inactive managers?
I don't think so.

Make a graph with the evolution of users from big and small leagues. All countries are losing users. But, what countries are losing more users proportionally?