BuzzerBeater Forums

BB South Africa > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307377.2 in reply to 307377.1
Date: 12/16/2020 12:28:06
Knights of Autumn
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Select Squad
Hello managers of South Africa!

I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself and share with you my qualifications in hopes that you might consider voting for me to be your next U21 manager.

Background

I'm A Warrior. I have managed my current team for the past season after returning to BuzzerBeater after a year away from the game. Previously, I managed the California Knights (23567) from Season 12 - Season 45. 

Qualifications

The Knights reached D.II once but shortly after that I was introduced to the USA U21 and National Team scenes and became heavily involved there with game planning and scouting. Since then, I've found the training of players and national level competition to be the most exciting component of BB.

I am an experienced trainer who can assist others in training high-quality players. Between my main team and Utopia team, I have trained,

- 2 National Team Players (USA (35965602) and Barbados (25469592))
- 11 U21 Players (6 USA, 3 South Africa, Barbados and Crna Gora)

If you're really interested, I have listed the full skills and links of my past players trained in the Press Announcement on my team's page. 

I am personally invested in developing talent for the South African U21. As you may notice, I actually have 3 players that are currently a part of the South African U21 and my Utopia squad has 5 others who I've also been training to, hopefully, be players for future teams.

I am ready to scout and have been doing preliminary scouting already. I've been in touch with coachlambini to learn from his experience and understand the current talent in the pipeline. Additionally, since this past season, I have personally been compiling a database of all South African players under 21 as well as a database of opposing African players under 21 who have been posted on the transfer list. 

I have experience working collaboratively and preparing for game planning. Through working with other USA managers in the past, I have seen the benefit of multiple knowledgeable managers weighing in on decisions and would hope to be engaged with those of you who are interested in discussing strategies for games.

Goals

Develop the pipeline so that the South African U21 is one of the favorites to win the Africas Tournament and have a chance to make it to compete in the World Tournament each Continentals. I fully believe that South Africa can get to this position as the African Nation with the most prospects and many talented managers.

Get players into the hands of managers interested in training them. Though South Africa has the most, there is still only a small pool of new players each season so it's vital that draftees that aren't being trained be sold and there be a support system of helping any managers that need it with training advice. In addition to the work South African managers are doing in training, I will work to recruit other managers outside of South Africa to support in training up talent to give the pipeline further depth.

Compete for Gold in Season 52's Africas Tournament and win Gold in Season 54. I want to be optimistic but also realistic. From my experience, U21 training is typically an arms race that is most effective when it is started right after a player is drafted. I have also done some scouting out of our competition and our team for this season and believe we are, unfortunately, a bit behind some teams. I anticipate that we’ll be in a much better position in Season 54 to win Gold though that doesn't mean I won't do my best to get us there in Season 52 as well. Gold is something that hasn't taken place since Season 38 but I absolutely believe it is possible in the near future.

Thanks for reading and considering voting for me. Regardless of the outcome here, I'm invested in the future of South Africa's national teams and wish the nation the best.

Warrior

Last edited by A Warrior at 12/16/2020 14:29:03