BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307177.2 in reply to 307177.1
Date: 12/16/2020 14:36:50
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Question to all candidates:

I understand from much of the public that the loss in the semis finals really left a sour taste in many peoples mouths, however I was wondering for upon taking the coaching job this term, what adjustments can the BB public expect to see, as we still have yet to win worlds for over 20 seasons.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
307177.3 in reply to 307177.2
Date: 12/16/2020 18:06:53
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
As the head coach for such a talented group of players, I take full responsibility for letting such a good opportunity at Gold slipped through my hand.

To answer this question, I think we should stop thinking outside of the box, BB will remain the same for the foreseeable future it seems like, so we should see inside dominance be around for another 50 seasons or BB dies before then. When it doubt, go inside and guess inside cause that's exactly what happened for the boring U21 Final.

It comes down to a race for making the best U21 bigs, we did it with Stanley and Tito and we can do it again.

Also, we are going to need staffs who are stubborn enough to tell us to go LI or LP every single game so we can please the public as well as bringing the trophy back home to the USA.

This Post:
307177.4 in reply to 307177.3
Date: 12/17/2020 17:07:47
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
With respect, I think the most important lesson to be learned is that "pride goeth before the fall." You didn't create the Season 51: U21 Semi-Finals Tactics thread, or participate in it, and you didn't need that kind of pressure. From a meta standpoint, I have no issue with the rest of the post I'm responding to, but privately I would hope that Yuck and A-Dub's final match of season 51 remains in your thoughts.

Anywho, you've got my vote fwiw

This Post:
307177.6 in reply to 307177.5
Date: 12/17/2020 21:44:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not planning on running in the election or being active on BB.

You and I have sent BB mails back and forth and I’ve expressed to you my disappointment in the USA U21 having no Worlds Golds since I managed in s29. With that being said, I participated in the weekly game planning and am just as much at fault for some of our poor tactics over the years. Although I don’t agree with everything GForce03 and previous managers have done, I would never endorse a non-USA manager to run either our NT or U21 team.

Much love,
Big Chewy.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
307177.7 in reply to 307177.5
Date: 12/17/2020 22:07:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Please continue to push for everyone involved with last season’s team to step down. You’ll never make it out of Americas. Enjoy going 3-5 at every Consolations.

Also your disdain for the good ol’ French Patient is bothersome. It’s such a beautiful offense when utilized correctly.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).

This Post:
307177.8 in reply to 307177.5
Date: 12/17/2020 22:14:26
Cassville Yuck
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
I appreciate your passion and drive but most of your post is over the top slander. Sure America may have over thought that semi finals match and ultimately GForce has to be the one to answer for that and he has. That decision however was clearly a group effort. I haven’t been heavily involved with the U21 program in a number of seasons, so I don’t have a right to complain but watching these guys tirelessly work to get better is a thing of beauty. America is on the right track. The right guy is leading it and he has the right guys around him. It doesn’t really bare any weight but he has my endorsement.

Feel free to tell us what you WOULD do as opposed to what you wouldn’t do. Hindsight is clearly 20/20. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of ridicule comes off as childish and immature.

This Post:
307177.9 in reply to 307177.5
Date: 12/17/2020 22:14:29
Cassville Yuck
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
I appreciate your passion and drive but most of your post is over the top slander. Sure America may have over thought that semi finals match and ultimately GForce has to be the one to answer for that and he has. That decision however was clearly a group effort. I haven’t been heavily involved with the U21 program in a number of seasons, so I don’t have a right to complain but watching these guys tirelessly work to get better is a thing of beauty. America is on the right track. The right guy is leading it and he has the right guys around him. It doesn’t really bare any weight but he has my endorsement.

Feel free to tell us what you WOULD do as opposed to what you wouldn’t do. Hindsight is clearly 20/20. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of ridicule comes off as childish and immature.

This Post:
307177.10 in reply to 307177.5
Date: 12/17/2020 22:36:48
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
... Id love to answer every question you have, from how I see players should be built, to tactics and BB philosophy

I voted for Sahand a few seasons ago, he checked all the right boxes (with me) in those 3 areas, but when things didn't work out the combination of his ego (nothing I consider a flaw or detriment) and his status as an outsider or foreigner (it sounded like some things got lost in translation and taken personally, on both sides) led to the inevitable meltdown.

But I'm also a loner and an outsider, and I lack context. I don't know what happened with Sahand's tenure. And I don't know why Bubble made that thread. If he was desperate to avoid a terrible decision then I owe him, and his motivations, an apology. Whether it's 5 people, or 5 million, or 5 billion, going against the grain can be a tough reminder that the inherent nature of precluding an outcome prohibits you from pointing to that event as justification for your actions and decisions. Eventus stultorum magister and all that.

I don't have any questions for you with regard to your qualifications, aptitude, or intellect.

My question is this: What is your motivation? If you were to win gold, but you had to close ranks until you were your only counsel, and this community felt resentful, or even despised you for it... is that a better outcome than letting them have their fun and make their mistakes?