BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307176.3 in reply to 307176.1
Date: 12/19/2020 12:27:10
LionPride
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
TerrapinPride
Hi,
I'm Oriolekid.
I have been playing this game for 11 years (today!).
I have been involved with the U21 NT in a variety of roles for nearly 10 years.
People refuse to elect me as U21 coach.
I've come in 2nd the most of any coach ever. I think I lost by one vote like 20 seasons ago.
I have been a player scout, mentor, tactical scout, opposition scout, and all around friend of the U21 team.
I cannot show any more towards the rest of you great people that I am the one who deserves to lead his team.
Stop re-electing failures, or disappointments, or less qualified people. It's a slap in the face to people like me to keep electing those people.
Choose me and get the experience, the knowledge, and the know-how that has helped countless other managers before me.

It's time.

This Post:
307176.4 in reply to 307176.3
Date: 12/19/2020 14:40:53
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been out here closing in on ten calendar years, entering my 37th season of competition. I've played against some of the best, I've seen great legends come and go. And you know what is missing nowadays from our silly little game? We have completely forgotten how to have FUN. Sure 'Murica wasn't contending for international acclaim, but dag nabbit we didn't let it bother us because we knew that despite our inability to build the best bigs (or whatever the problem was) we knew we would wake in a country with a much better selection of cell phone carriers (or whatever analogy suits your needs).

In the past we didn't take ourselves, or the game too seriously. it used to be you could open the forums and find it better than the funny pages, full of character and chutzpah. But now, especially those involved with out national squads have collectively the biggest bug up their ass. It was that sense of fun that made this game such a special place to be involved with back in the day, being good was not as important as being able to have a good time! Also once seemed to be a site where we were not so quick to act so harsh, we used to remember that this is a GAME, it's not life or death, it's not a struggle for control of the free world. But it feels like, again in particular to the interest of the national teams, this this also has been lost. And lastly this used to be a place where everyone was always made to feel welcome, and in many ways and in many places it still is. However when it comes to the national teams and the cabal that controls them the reception one receives, even when the collective is on their best behavior, is awful callous.

Now the crew that controls the machinery behind the curtain has done a great job of raising the bar, and raising expectations. But it has done so at the cost of losing lots of good will. If you want to take a chance, and it really is not a chance at all, by going with little old Lambini, you can be assured that at the very least I will bring back some of the love of the game, and the love that we used to feel for each other back. Or at least I will damn well try. The talent level, training, and tactics are not what is missing, it is the other intangibles that go into the what I still feel to be a amazing game that we have lost sight of on this site, help me help you find them once again.

thanks for your consideration.

This Post:
307176.5 in reply to 307176.1
Date: 12/22/2020 18:37:34
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
Saving the best for the last,

I'm GForce03 and I've decided that I'll run for a 2nd term as U21 Coach.

A little bit about my BB history, I started playing in season 8 and throughout 1300+ games, I have accumulated a 65.99% winning record, while it may not be the highest in the entire BB community, I am confident to say I know a few things about this game.

I will say that my first term was a very steep learning curve, however with each experience came valuable lessons that I've gained and now hold in my arsenal for my next term, of course voters willing. I want to give special recognition to all my staff for helping guide me through the tumultuous Americas Championship, where we overcame significant odds to qualify for the Worlds stage. And also to the trainers who made outstanding players such as Kristopher Stanley, Tito Caudillo, Aminu Okoro, amongst many many others who I have to give credit to. I wouldn't even have had the opportunity to fumble the bag in the semifinals if it wasn't for the talented group of players that we've had.

About that semifinal. I want this to be the last time I have to explain such a thing to the community. We as a staff came to the conclusion that we thought Italy would have double guessed us considering how dominant LI offense is. We collectively weighed our options and chose to run Inside Isolation and Man. One concept I take very to the heart is the fact that I want everyone to share their opinions, whether they've played this game for 30 seasons or they've played this game for 30 days. However, I want to take full responsibility for our loss so please stop harassing my staff or other managers for the loss. What we can do as a unit is moving forward, adapt to whatever BB throws at us, and run with it. Now we have presented a direction in which we must choose; surrender and wave the white flag or come back with a vengeance. We are ready to lead the next wave of trainees to the promised land. We've made talented rosters after talented rosters and we will do so again.

'Murica!