BB USA > Season 51: U21 Semi-Finals Tactics

Season 51: U21 Semi-Finals Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307004.11 in reply to 307004.9
Date: 12/04/2020 14:03:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I’ll pretend you guys know that you can’t win a U21 semi-final with no guards or forwards in 9 GS.

I eat Italian U21 teams for breakfast. Yummy yummy.

I lead the USA to wins over Italy in the season 27 semis and in the season 29 finals to get back-to-back-to-back-to-back gold medals. ❤️🙂

Love you,
RIP Chewy,
E.B.W.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
307004.14 in reply to 307004.13
Date: 12/07/2020 15:12:30
Centri Ingrassanti Succhino
IV.45
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
OK Computer
RIP Chewy. RIP USA.

This Post:
307004.16 in reply to 307004.15
Date: 12/07/2020 15:37:47
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck in the finals! Inside is definitely still king on BB. If you don’t play inside, you don’t win.

It was certainly a surprising win but big kudos! I’ve been planning on leaving BB after this season and wanted the USA to win on my way out but you guys pulled through. Hope you guys have a good finals match!

RIP Chewy
Love you mom,
E.B.W.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
307004.18 in reply to 307004.17
Date: 12/08/2020 16:21:13
Alaska Alphas
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Oregon Omegas
I get where you're coming from Alonso, and honestly agree with some of that. We probably should have looked at past mistakes, maybe that would have helped us avoid doing the same thing here. We definitely should have guessed inside. However, I honestly don't have much problem with II as a tactic, and it's because of the same reason you put in your post. The Inside guess is obvious. We ran a lot of LI this season, it was our primary tactic in the road to semis. We anticipated an Inside guess coming from Italy and in that case, we felt comfortable with II as an option to switch up the tactics. Maybe we overvalue II as a community in USA, and it isn't as good as we think it is, but a lot of USA managers have had success at the club level with the tactic. In hindsight, LI is the obvious choice and we would have won easily if we had gone that route, but if Italy guessed Inside like we expected and we ran LI into it, I don't know that the result would be any different.

That being said, I'm disappointed more in the Game Engine than I am in our tactic selection. We know LI is king in BB but I expected II to work better against a missed guess. I also don't blame GForce for this decision. We gameplanned as a group on discord, we all bought in to this plan together, and if anyone didn't like it they should have spoken up, our community takes all ideas into account when it comes to big games. If any USA user is reading this and wants to put in their 2 cents, the link is in my signature, shoot me a bbmail and I'll verify you. I think as a community we all have G's back, things just didn't work out here. Respect to what Israel has been doing at the U21 level, but we don't need a savior.

Join the BB USA Discord! https://discord.gg/kApjNTK
This Post:
307004.21 in reply to 307004.19
Date: 12/09/2020 13:02:55
Croissant
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
the Rick-counters of the Rick Kind
I'm not here to troll anyone, the result of the game itself should hurt more then anything I could potentially say, but what Alonso is saying it's true... there is absolutely no reason for you to go II, it's a tactic that just doesn't work at u21 level, it might work for your club, in your division, in your naation, that doesn't make it a good tactic.
If you were afraid of our inside GPD you should have gone for an outside tactic, you get a bigger boost from our missed GDP and Motion is a better tactic than II to begin with (E.B.W. you did 2 videos on this so I really don't get your choice).
It's a shame you waisted this generation of players, they are definitely great players and deserved more than a bronze medal

I also wonder how could you be afraid of our inside GDP when you "took out" our best C (by salary) and Stanley by himself had more dmi then our best 3 bigmen (sorted by dmi)
I'm not going to complain about your choice though, however, if you were going to play a Iso tactic you should have used Outside Isolation/OBox+1 since it won the voting ;)

Advertisement