BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
304507.2 in reply to 304507.1
Date: 06/03/2020 04:55:23
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
Not sure if my speech is needed since I'm the only one running...I'm not great at giving speech either so I will just say a few things.

A little introduction about my BB career, I started playing this game in Season 8, my resume isn't as spectacular as many other former managers. I have yet to make it to NBBA, however, I think I have a pretty good understanding of the game by now, as I have anchored my place in DII in recent seasons.

I have trained multiple U21 players myself: Wilfred Atli/Mikey Conroy/Carlos Campoy/Fred Eckert so I have a pretty good understanding of what the team is looking for, I'm fortunate enough to get to know the some of the best players within the USA community and I'm sure we will bring great results together as a team. I can't do this alone so I'm always open to discussion about tactics/gameplan/roster etc.

Last but not least, I think both my favorite NBA team ever - the 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons and my username which tributes Gerald "Crash" Wallace says a lot about my coaching style - I hate the best offense LI with a passion and I prefer to suffocate my opponents with defense, my callups maybe controversial at first but let's bring that Gold Trophy home that we have been longing for since S29!

GForce03

This Post:
304507.3 in reply to 304507.1
Date: 06/04/2020 16:30:48
LionPride
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
TerrapinPride
I've literally ran for u21 election 9 different times. I first ran in Season 13! I've come in 2nd place 3 times. Lost to Tough by 4 votes in season 34!
Like my comrade above, I've never made the NBBA, but I've done absolutely everything else. Everything. Trained u21 players, trained NT players (and he is still in the top 10 scoring list), been a scout, been a head scout, been an opposition scout, lost an election, was as trusted an advisor to sitting u21 coaches as there was. No one else has shown the amount of dedication to the U21 national team for as long as I have. Look at the old elections and you will see that I'm the only one left. I'm the best choice.