303113.2 in reply to 303113.1
Date: 02/26/2020 18:36:26
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
Hello German community!

Let me introduce myself. I've been playing BB since season 15, and have won both Serbian top division and Serbian Cup 3 times each. I never won B3 though, I had 1 semi-final, and 1 quarter-final.

I managed Serbian National Team in seasons 33 and 34. In season 33, we reached the final of the European Tournament, where we lost to host team Slovakia (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/world/standings.aspx?teamid=2...). And in season 34 we managed to win the World Cup, which is still the only gold medal in the World Cup that Serbia has (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/world/standings.aspx?teamid=2...).

I've also managed Indonesian National Team in seasons 39 and 40. I didn't manage to win a medal for them, though that wasn't realistic considering how weak they are. But, we were quite good in the Consolation Tournament and ended up being the highest ranked Asian team in it, which made Indonesia the host of the Asian Tournament next season. Indonesia ended up as the 23rd country in the world rankings at the end of that season when my term ended, which was the highest ranking place they ever had, so I think that was a pretty good run too.

I've been involved with Serbian NT for more then 20 seasons, and have coached and helped our community with training NT players. Atm, I have a Serbian NT player whom I've trained from draft, and who's at 147 tsp (38836847). Of course, I would share any knowledge of training that I have, with managers that have German players who could end up in the NT one day.

There are 2 main reasons why I'm interested in German's national team:

First, I always admired that German's NT was the first one to experiment with 3-2 zone and shot blockers on a high NT level. Later on, Serbia tried it too, and we even won the European Tournament by often playing 3-2 zone with two shot blockers, including in the final (45833). Sadly, it's hard to convince Serbian community to train SB, since most managers want to build players for inside tactics.

And secondly, I find it hard to believe that Germany hasn't won a medal in 30+ seasons. You guys have more managers than Serbia, and I often see quality German players on the list that Serbia would love to have. I had Gabelmann (36934931) for the past 6 seasons, and he didn't play a big part for your NT in the past 2 seasons, and yet if he was Serbian, he would be one of our key big guys. Even now at the age of 35, he would certainly be part of the Serbian team. Serbia may have better guards for inside tactics, but Germany certainly has more depth in the squad, and if Serbia can compete for the medals, than Germany should be able to do the same.

I'm highly experienced with both inside and outside tactics, but also with 3-2 zone with shot blockers, since I've been playing 3-2 zone with my team for the past several seasons quite successfully. So I feel like German's all-round NT suits me very well, more so then Serbian's current team actually.

I know Serbia is in the same group as Germany, which could be bad for Serbia if I get elected, since no one knows them better than me, lol. But in all seriousness, this is a pretty good group for Germany. Serbia is one of the strongest 2nd seeded teams, but Czech Republic is probably the weakest 1st seeded team, so it could have been much worse.

I would love to answer questions that you may have in the debate thread, and thank you for every possible vote!