BuzzerBeater Forums

BB South Africa > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
302039.2 in reply to 302039.1
Date: 11/24/2019 00:27:20
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Gentleman.

Two seasons ago when I was handed the reins I said then my goal was to help this community regain the fire of engagement. And during our run to the finals of Afro Basket '46 that fire was regained. But by my own accord these embers smouldered during our struggles at world '47. Going in though I gave no illusions that it would be a struggle thanks to the level if competition faced week in week out. And as the season went on the updates of progress did go by the wayside. For this lack of continued engagement I apologize. However even though the struggles were mighty there were still managers working to make their players better, and I applaud the commitment. Many followed the plans I thought were most beneficial, some went to their own accord some more effectively than others. Nevertheless our is a roster that overall is in a great place entering the Continental competition. I look at the other squads and feel that this is our time!

First however has come the time to retain this honor of serving your country. I hope that you look at the overall body of work and will continue on the path we are on. I am familiar with the pieces on hand, I know what we do best, what we are poised to improve upon and on areas that need shoring up. Last season we fielded a rather young team as 13 members of that team are back. A year older, a year wiser, and definitely a year better. I look forward to the challenge ahead and hope I am the one to lead you there.