Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/19/2019 06:52:18
Villaggio Sposi Squirrels
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone!

I look like a newbie here but I actually played BB some years ago, abandoning then my team (with a lot of pain) because of personal reasons.

I am currently playing in Italy, and I've see how many teams became non-trained teams ("Managed by a computerized player ") over the years as the number of players decreased. However, those teams continued and continue to draft new players every year, who are then not available on the market. Still, they sometimes pick up some great prospects! It is, in my opinion, a waste of talent, especially because once a new player enters the game, those players will go and enlarge the list of Retireds.

So here's what I was thinking: in the case of "computerized" teams, should the rookies be put on sale right after the draft? The game has mechanisms to give a starting price to players, in order to avoid them starting from 0, through which talent and skills would be recognized a fair evaluation on the market. I think that each nation would benefit largely from an open market of rookies, and also give them an opportunity to face the real game.

I recognize that there is one big criticism that can be moved: why paying then for scouts during the year? A possible solution would be this: adding the opportunity to "buy" the entrance to the rookie market by using the Scouting points you accumulated over the year. I'll explain better: normally, you invest in scouts to obtain points through which you can then interview the players. However, another option could be added: given the larger market of rookies one could enter, the chance to find a good player are higher. With a "higher" amount of point, let's say 25/30 Scounting Points, the user can "buy" the entrance to the Rookie Market (only of his own country, though: intervening in other nations would still be prohibited in my plan). This way users can decide: either look for players in their own leage or look for players in the "bigger" market, but not for free. It would not create a division between Supporters/Free Users and would allow to insert better prospects in the game.

Another possible criticism: but then a team that ends its league in the first place can still draft a good player from another league. This is, however, illogical given the system already in place: firstly, teams that rank high usually don't pay much for Scouts; secondly, there are many leagues in which teams who finish last still don't care much about the draft, leaving better teams a chance to draft a good prospect; thirdly, the draft on BB is usually quite random in itself, giving out great prospects in the 2nd/3rd round without anyone previously scouting them.

I hope I made myself clear enough but obviously any suggestion/criticism is well accepted! I am not a genius nor a big innovator, so I won't answer badly to those who find my idea simply stupid.

This Post:
300244.2 in reply to 300244.1
Date: 07/19/2019 08:40:23
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
As long as there's a chance those prospects don't go to waste - I'm down. Whatever the cost.

And smaller countries with tons of bots would get somewhat strengthened.

This Post:
300244.4 in reply to 300244.3
Date: 07/19/2019 14:25:54
Villaggio Sposi Squirrels
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally see your point, that was one of the criticisms I had thought about already. I can try to rebut in various ways: a manager who decides to follow the course I proposed first of all would need to spend more in Scouting Points, this is already thought in order to avoid people abandoning their leagues completely. Furthermore, we already have a difference in drafts: a team in one league can spend more than a team in another league for Scouting Points, but the team who spent less will get a better draftee because of, simply, good luck.

However, my proposal is not flawless: the Rookie Market is bigger and there are more chances. But it seems such a waste of talent to have so many draftees that will be lost just because they will never enter the market in any way. I think my proposal is not hurting the game dynamics, actually it would improve the average quality of draftees that are actually playing in the game.

Another solution might be possible: in the Rookie Market, a team could be allowed to only buy one draftee, avoiding stashing good rookies. Or teams buying a draftee on the Rookie Market would then have to renounce to the highest-salary draftee they obtained through their own league draft.

How does this sound?