This Post:
299998.2 in reply to 299998.1
Date: 06/07/2019 04:16:30
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
Completely agree. In other manager I remember every player had their own mentality (dirty, calm, inteligent..) and all of these changed the desicions player made. In BuzzerBeater all players are sheep - they follow the same scenario.

I've only been a manager for 3 seasons now, but it seems like fouls are VERY inconsistent and it seems like the engine counts lost 1v1 battles to end up in a foul play (a small portion of them). That's only an assumpsion.

I wish your idea would be implemented. Maybe the hacking, or simple options to double team the opponent leader mostly ending up in TO or a foul, trying to stop him. Maybe this would somewhat stop the 1star-9trash kinda teams and increase the value of FT shooting.

This Post:
299998.3 in reply to 299998.2
Date: 06/10/2019 22:31:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Completely agree. In other manager I remember every player had their own mentality (dirty, calm, inteligent..) and all of these changed the desicions player made. In BuzzerBeater all players are sheep - they follow the same scenario.

There is an 'aggressiveness' hidden stat, which I think was confirmed by the BB staff at some point long ago in a thread I have no idea how to find any longer. That's why some guys are pretty much guaranteed to foul out and others do so exceptionally infrequently. The problem is that it's not something revealed really at any point, other than observationally, which of course makes it difficult if you invest a lot of money in a trainee who someoen else drafted and who has no game history to check.

This Post:
299998.4 in reply to 299998.3
Date: 06/11/2019 08:16:27
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
Interesting, only had a foulout once in 3 seasons (18mins in or something). Maybe more and just didin't notice.

Would be interesting to see some players with bad history, maybe some peeps would look into it more.

After all, there are some very talented players, who just don't shoot a lot, maybe theres a connection.

This Post:
299998.6 in reply to 299998.4
Date: 06/11/2019 19:50:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Interesting, only had a foulout once in 3 seasons (18mins in or something). Maybe more and just didin't notice.

Would be interesting to see some players with bad history, maybe some peeps would look into it more.

After all, there are some very talented players, who just don't shoot a lot, maybe theres a connection.

One guy from my earlier seasons who had real foul problems off the top of my head:
(11769477) - check season 23 for example

I think he had a stretch at one point where he either fouled out or got injured in four consecutive games, but honestly that might just be bitter memories.

This Post:
299998.7 in reply to 299998.6
Date: 06/12/2019 11:37:12
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
(26431402) - 1230 PFs just for my team at a 2.5 avg, much reduced as he hasn't played a lot of minutes for the last few seasons.

(41859243) - A trainee who has fouled out 46 times in his career already. 2.9 PFPG. One of those players who are so hard to train apparently that most people wouldn't bother with him. Now very close to capping and he's a C with over 60 guard skill points.

(22633735) - Famous German player. Won two titles with me, Cup wins in three countries, regularly above 3 fouls per game during his career. 2.6 for his career.

I've had a few more. I wish I could remember the name of the guy who fouled out in 8 minutes (two flagrants though, not the full 6.)

I don't know where the idea comes from that aggressive players are only good for injuring players. I've not seen more injuries to opponents and I have a long history of having aggressive players. For a number of seasons I was league leader in fouls. While winning I might add.

People make assumptions with very little data and often they stick in people's heads and become facts. I'm glad I rarely listen to prevailing opinion.