Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
299885.5 in reply to 299885.2
Date: 05/27/2019 16:04:41
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not just make it so that you cannot sell a player for more than 20% of the purchase price for the first 13 weeks after purchase?

Last edited by LA-Vecx at 05/27/2019 16:05:09

This Post:
299885.6 in reply to 299885.5
Date: 05/27/2019 17:00:18
Overall Posts Rated:
you wanna target those players exploiting the sale of new draftees not everyone else... i myself have botched purchases and ended up selling them and replacing them. those measures would punish new players even more than those players taking advantage of them.

This Post:
299885.7 in reply to 299885.6
Date: 05/28/2019 06:47:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm in favour of allowing managers to rebuild faster than 1 season (which is the case now because the tax will hit you the same way for 2k salary players and 200k salary players, old and young). The tax in general is harmful to the Transfer List's liquidity because it stops people from relisting players faster and makes it more likely that players will be fired rather than sold. This much was always evident and I have said this since the day the tax was introduced.

The tax was introduced with the declared aim of stopping daytrading, in particular for cheap young players with high potential. Most teams in the B3 were buying 20-30 draftees very cheap and then tried to flip them in the following weeks, often making enough money to allow them to afford a higher payroll. The tax does nothing to stop this behaviour because the cost of holding these players is low and you only need a couple of sales to recoup your money with the tax as currently implemented. I still remember that some people were selling so many youngsters that they had a NEGATIVE value of sale proceeds when the tax was introduced (they were getting -2% from the sale, so they would have had to pay rather than receive money lol).

A few people (myself included) demanded the tax is calculated and applied on the profits, rather than the sale amount. Why should you pay the tax if you buy a player for 2m and sell him 2 weeks later for 1.5m? You are already making a loss without the tax, you really are not getting any benefit from trading. Marin and others as usual refused to listen and you still see people do this 20 seasons later.

So the only solutions I see are:
1. Include the age or salary of a player in the calculation for the tax (lower salary or age = higher tax)
2. Change the tax from a sale tax to a profit tax (plus the 3% flat tax on the sale as it was in the past)
3. Include the 'potential sales' in the calculation. So if you try to sell 10 players at the same time, the 10th you list will get a tax based on your closed transactions + the 9 previous listings. I would not advocate this because it makes general rebuilding worse than it is now, but it would definitely hamper managers speculating on a large number of draftees as they would at least need to prioritise among the garbage they are trying to sell.

2. would be best, 1. would be ok as a patch to prevent daytrading on draftees, 3. would have some effect but it would also harm teams with old players just trying to rebuild and therefore is not ideal to address this problem.

You would hope they fix this before introducing an app which would allow people to exploit the TL even more than now.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 05/28/2019 07:04:25

This Post:
299885.9 in reply to 299885.8
Date: 05/29/2019 06:19:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I pick up 3, 4 cheap players and train them a whole season
Then it wouldn't affect because the tax would revert to the minimum as it does now, after 10-12 weeks or so.

I realise it may have not been clear from my suggestion, but by linking to age or salary I mean increase the steepness of the curve not shifting the whole curve based on which the tax is calculated. Changing the steepness means reverting to 3% in more or less the same time as now but starting from a lower point, shifting would mean also increasing the time to revert to 3%.

So a daytrader's youngster will be worth less after 10 weeks because he will not be trained. Their chance of selling an untrained youngster actually decreases with time (or the price achievable decreases). For a trainer like yourself it's quite the opposite. So I really don't see the problem. This is simply to discourage people flipping young trainees within a few weeks, flipping trainees over a longer period would stay the same pretty much.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 05/29/2019 06:22:00

This Post:
299885.12 in reply to 299885.10
Date: 05/31/2019 20:27:46
Overall Posts Rated:
You have no idea what trading means in this game is because you didn't join early enough. While training requires planning, minutes and tactical management, trading only requires time and traders with more time always beat traders with less time. So no, trading isn't harder, it just means that you have no life and you can waste hours picking players who are selling below market value, possibly because they are listed at ungodly hours. You dont need to understand tactics, team building, the pleasures of training 6 or 3 players while competing, you can do it by literally knowing nothing about the game and just observing the market.

Never forget that there were people with 8 digits bank accounts, making several of millions per season in trading alone, see how you'd compare.

And note I'm not making a point about average managers here, I'm talking about people who have won the B3 and World Championships multiple times and have been crushed in Utopia by daytraders when trading was still viable. That was the proof, if you ever needed one, that you don't need to be particularly good at anything in this game to trade, make money and buy titles.

Besides I even repeated in this thread how the outrage has never been about people wasting their time on the TL, that happens in every multiplayer game, but rather the damage inflicted on new inexperienced managers.

This scam has always been done with pretty bad young high potential players, relisted for high amounts in the hope that some new guy would bite. Marin as usual took a very specific problem (people trying to flip high potential youngsters) and created a tax on all sales. It's time to rectify that mistake. It's also time for peopke with too much time on their hands, great traders like yourself, to play a higher stake game and flip higher salary/older players, rather than playing the scam game with house money. Nobody will fault you for that.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 05/31/2019 20:52:03

This Post:
299885.14 in reply to 299885.5
Date: 06/01/2019 08:21:07
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Why not just make it so that you cannot sell a player for more than 20% of the purchase price for the first 13 weeks after purchase?

This seems to be the simplest solution. I'd be in favour of any kind of restriction of the selling price, especially for players under 21, even if it was just a case of not being able to list a player for more than you paid for him.

This Post:
299885.15 in reply to 299885.14
Date: 06/01/2019 09:23:38
Overall Posts Rated:
even if it was just a case of not being able to list a player for more than you paid for him.
Yes this is another great solution and would have spared us from the problems the tax carries for non traders (lower market activity, pemalties for rebuilding within a season etc.)

Advertisement