BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Game pace needs increasing + ID&SB train together

Game pace needs increasing + ID&SB train together

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/20/2019 06:50:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello there, I'd like to drop a few considerations about some changes that WILL HAVE to be taken in order to keep the game alive hoping to find somebody willing to land a hear and start an honest discussion that will actually bring so positive changes.

The willingness to bring BB to mobile devices is, in itself, laudable however I fear it might not have the impact everyone is hoping for... the games nowadays are different than they were 10 years ago and, most of all, everything has a different pace now.

The pace of the game has to increase, that can be done by adding games into the week and therefore making the season shorter or increasing the training speed or even a combination of both... I mean, step outside BB for a second and answer to this objectively: do you want to wait more than 1 calendar year to wait for a trainee to be useful? do you think a new user honestly would?

The mechanism of the staff needs reworking too imho, the bidding is kinda ridiculous tbh... especially with those randomly generated salaries that makes most of the staff unhireable.
Oh one more thing about the staff: what the hell is the purpose of the PR anyway? It's been around for what 10 years now? does anyone know how it works? Why hasnt it been removed yet? Can't do it? How about you just give a PR of an arbitrary level to all teams, make it cost 0 and hide it. Hate that guy!

And ultimately: tactics, aka the Pandora box. I get it that the staff doesn't know what to do, but as far as I seem to have understood inside tactics are op because ID and SB work together... can't we just make ID train 90-100% ID and 60-70% SB and the other way around for SB? That and reducing their effect on the salary formula might help... perhaps. Ofc, it would be a start but you need to start somewhere, well... eventually!

This Post:
299865.2 in reply to 299865.1
Date: 05/20/2019 09:43:15
Vilkiukai
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
I agree. about game pace. This is way too slow.

Temporary solution would be to add like 4X speed server/country where everything happens faster, so it would be like 2 games a day. And season like 4 weeks.

This Post:
299865.3 in reply to 299865.1
Date: 05/20/2019 11:12:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe I'm old school already 22 years of age, but I think the pace should stay how it has always been traditionally, at least for the games and league schedule. We already have 4 games a week if you have supporter. Something is also always happening/updating in BB except Sunday and Wednesday:

Monday: Finance update and scouting points for draft (and U21 NT and NT games)
Tuesday: GAME
Wednesday: B3 Games
Thursday: GAME (Cup or scrimmage)
Friday: GAME (Private league)
Saturday: GAME
Sunday: I use this day to help plan strategies and tactics for U21 NT and I look at my plan for the upcoming week.

This game is perfect for me and many others because you don't have to be on it 6+ hours a day or anything to succeed. Many of the users have jobs and families and busy lives outside of BB. For this reason I will play devil's advocate and say that increasing the amount of games a week would disinterest me and cause problems. I'm not even sure when they would fit in another game day due to the schedule I showed above. Sunday would be the only option.

As for training, they have increased training speed slightly with the secondary staff and training courts and such. So they have already kind of taken this suggestion.

PR helps increase your merchandise and can positively affect attendance turnout and pricing. Not only this but it can help give you a stronger home game advantage or reduce the opponents home game advantage. Why get rid of it? Just because you don't quite understand how it works?

As for your ID/SB suggestion I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
299865.4 in reply to 299865.3
Date: 05/20/2019 12:04:29
Overall Posts Rated:
I get what you are saying but it doesn't have to be from 0 to 100... just one more game a week would shorten the season by 4 weeks approximately and we would have 5 season per year instead of 4.

Increasing the training speed would allow you to dedicate even less time to the game as you can actually train more/better without relying too much on the TL. Ofc, you would be hitting higher salaries sooner so that would compensate for the less money you are required to spend on the market.

There is no a specific tangible effect to the PR aside from the specialities that it can have. The only purpose of it and the additional staff is that to make user sink more money in so that to "erode" the huge reserves that many have actually gathered.

I respect your hopinion however I feel you are choosing comfort over what would be better to attract new users... when I mean speed training up I mean much faster than it is now, either directly (primary gets 2x) or indirectly (secondaries get 3-4x). Training is all about the Skinner Box, you just can't underestimate it.

This Post:
299865.5 in reply to 299865.4
Date: 05/20/2019 12:15:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand the appeal, but I don't see a way it could be smoothly implemented. It would mess with Game shape because minutes a week would sky rocket and like I said the only available day to add another game would be Sunday and then we are talking about playing Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday games a week. If your player gets hurt for 2 weeks, he is essentially missing a third of the season because he will miss the games he is hurt for and then his GS will be trash when he gets back which amounts to at least another 2-3 games.

I respect your hopinion however I feel you are choosing comfort over what would be better to attract new users... when I mean speed training up I mean much faster than it is now, either directly (primary gets 2x) or indirectly (secondaries get 3-4x). Training is all about the Skinner Box, you just can't underestimate it.

The market is already in a bad place for BB and players on the TL. This would screw up the market even further and that is why I don't like it. It also messes with the U21 NT players substantially (One of the aspects of BB that I love the most) and those two reasons are why I don't like it.

This Post:
299865.6 in reply to 299865.5
Date: 05/20/2019 12:29:30
Overall Posts Rated:
How about Friday? Or moving B3 on Friday and keep the PL on Sunday as they are only for Supporters and not mandatory as you can join or not and there is no consequences from winning and losing... it's all possible as long as there is will to execute it.

What is the problem with the market being in a bad place? Where is the root of it? Price-wise or quality-wise?

Faster training gets better quality than now and it would lower the treshold of what player can be considered "good trainee". The cap would still be there so it would just be reached faster. In my head sounds even funnier/more entertaining tbh.

Plus if the number of user keeps decreasing the market CANNOT get to a better place. It can only get worse.

Price is relative, it's a problem that should be solved not through training but setting the economy correctly. If the prices go down its not a problem tbh. Just because some type of player was worth 3M 2 season ago it doesnt have to be valued the same today... if all prices go down there is no problem.

Message deleted

This Post:
299865.8 in reply to 299865.6
Date: 05/20/2019 18:57:01
Overall Posts Rated:
I think my issue is by adding a league game to any part of the week means that there are back-to-back games at some point in the week that effect GS. This means that I have to 100% be an every day log in user if I want to maintain GS. I can preset lineups, but the GE is weird sometimes and does strange things with minutes, so I would want to set the lineup for every game after knowing the full GS situation for my team. Perhaps the App will help with this issue I have.

Right now it is set up as a Tuesday game, a day off that doesn't effect minutes or GS, and then Thursday scrimmages and cup matches, followed by another day off, followed by Saturday games, and then two days off. This means that users don't have to log in every day if they have stuff going on in real life.

Minutes don't matter for B3 (I believe) or for Private Leagues and that is why those game days are okay to have consecutively. I also still don't know how GS minutes would work by adding in another game.

The price of the market is probably at the lowest it has ever been. This is probably because people investing in the new arena and training court features instead of buying players. I'm not sure if it is an incredibly bad thing, but it definitely is odd to me. There are other threads that talk about the low market right now, so I'll let you read those and form your own opinion, but I think faster training would lead to a bigger surplus of 21-22 monster players that could impact the market in a negative way.

The price fluctuation is one of the more intriguing things as BB has progressed. I'd love some other opinions from other users on what you proposed because I'm not sure how much more information I can offer, as I'm pretty firm right now in my opinion. This is a great discussion though!

This Post:
299865.9 in reply to 299865.8
Date: 05/21/2019 03:41:06
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Adding a game to the week means you need to make new formulas for game shape, economy, training, it would change everything and i'd rather keep the current balance than mess it up completely

An example, how do you handle game shape? If you increase the required weekly minutes, you'll have trouble keeping everybody in good shape
If you don't, you'll need to bench your starters even more than now

Last edited by mark_lenders at 05/21/2019 03:42:03

This Post:
299865.10 in reply to 299865.9
Date: 05/22/2019 14:19:21
DB TEAM
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jack & Cola
Add a game a week it could be possible calculating game shape and minutes for the 3 championship games,Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and play the cup apart like a private league on Sunday.