Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/26/2016 15:06:22
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
A new checklist for beginners is in the works with substantially increased rewards and incentives, while the new managers get to know the ropes of handling their rosters and finances. The rewards will also make them more competitive and make sure new managers connect with their team even more right from the start!

Since when?

Since we’re working on making the game more exciting, we are considering a new promotion system based on the one used in Utopia, where more than one team can achieve promotion in any one league. Of course, this means that more teams demote too. There will be some differences, for example, we are not planning on using the human team consolidation part of the Utopia promotion system. (...)

After many deliberations, we have finally agreed to do something about our micronations problem. A beta test of sorts is planned, so not all micronations will be affected by it initially. Since it is a pretty big change that could impact many parts of the game, it will be introduced gradually and carefully.

This two facts point to the merge...

I think that those are the big news right now...

This Post:
282669.2 in reply to 282669.1
Date: 10/26/2016 15:12:17
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Baker St. Irregulars Beta
here is a suggestion: start the merge w/ Pakistan and Kazakhstan

This Post:
282669.3 in reply to 282669.2
Date: 10/26/2016 15:15:50
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
Africa will be a good place too...

This Post:
282669.4 in reply to 282669.1
Date: 10/26/2016 15:51:26
Overall Posts Rated:
No big news at all. Slow micro merger will likely mean they start with the empty nations, so no impact will be visible in the beginning.

The promotion thing might be interesting. But as they stated, they want to do it slow and careful, I expect this to be another uber anxious change that won't change a thing. Fix the goddamn transfer market. Swing for the fences just once in your lifetime...

Last edited by Knecht at 10/27/2016 05:37:46

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282669.5 in reply to 282669.4
Date: 10/26/2016 15:58:20
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
No big news at all. Slow micro merger will likely mean they start with the empty nations, so no impact will be visible in the beginning.

The promotion thing might be interesting. But as they stated, they want to do it slow and careful, I expect this to be another uber anxiois change that won't change a thing. Fix the goddamn transfer market. Swing for the fences just once in your lifetime...

on the flip side, managers will complain that a big change was made with no notice

go fast, people complain
go slow, people complain
do nothing, people complain
do everything, people complain

This Post:
282669.6 in reply to 282669.5
Date: 10/26/2016 15:59:35
Overall Posts Rated:
You are right. Just keep going like we did the last few years. This has been a proven strategy for continuous growth.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282669.7 in reply to 282669.6
Date: 10/26/2016 16:21:17
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
if Facebook or Apple respond to users over-reaction to change every time, their products wouldn't be as good as they are now

at the same time i am not defending what the BBs are doing, but if they listen to us too much they are being led to a bad path

ultimately they should be doing what is in the best interest of the game

(maybe i am giving them too much credit as good operators, in which case we are just screwed)

This Post:
282669.8 in reply to 282669.3
Date: 10/26/2016 18:45:27
Baker Street Irregulars
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Africa will be a good place too...

i am loading up on micro-nation 18 year olds...new market inefficiency

Message deleted
This Post:
282669.11 in reply to 282669.9
Date: 10/26/2016 20:13:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Since we’re working on making the game more exciting, we are considering a new promotion system based on the one used in Utopia, where more than one team can achieve promotion in any one league. Of course, this means that more teams demote too. There will be some differences, for example, we are not planning on using the human team consolidation part of the Utopia promotion system. The change will need some time to be properly planned and implemented, but if Utopia has shown us anything, it’s that a system like this works very nicely and makes for a more exciting season.

Good thing you work on making the game better for new users!
But I'm not sure if I like the Utopia promotion system for other countries. More promotions? Great! But more demotion? Not so great. And not necessary! Why don't you just reduce the number of divisions on lower levels? For example in countries where Division IV is the lowest and only half (or less) filled with active teams, just reduce the number of leagues from 64 to 32. You can have 2 teams promote per league without more teams being demoted.
Also this would make the lowest leagues more active on average and generally reduce the number of users who have to play against bots all the time.

Yes, I'd prefer the promotion and demotion policies stay the same in our main leagues.