This Post:
Date: 09/05/2016 07:52:15
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Hi guys,

thanks for voting. And thanks for the one vote that got me elected. Khenry probably would have been a worthy coach as well so I will try to get him to help us even though he didn't get elected. I will contact you in the next couple of days via BB-Mail, just to make contact, talk about draftees, training etc. I know you usually don't use the forums much, but maybe one or another will show up from time to time. I'd really like to get the team working into the right direction. A first step after the scheduled games would be to get scrimmages after we're out of the tournament - that's unacceptable that the U21 had its last game over a month ago ... it can happen that you don't find an opponent once, twice is already something that shouldn't happen. But 6 times in a row just makes me a bit angry ... that's also the reason why we don't have one scheduled for today ...

So, thanks again for voting me into my new job - I'll do my best to get the team moving into the right direction.

Cheers, Wendell

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
281951.2 in reply to 281951.1
Date: 09/05/2016 09:01:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Well done on getting elected. I thought you and khenry both had the potential to be great coaches and I hope khenry does decide to help out.

This Post:
281951.3 in reply to 281951.2
Date: 09/05/2016 16:18:43
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Yes, that would be great.

Even though this doesn't "improve" our U21-team on our TSP-side, I've had a friend of mine (timo-93 (35004)) draw up a new court for the team. I hope you like it - I definitely do. And even if we do lose a couple of games (which will happen for sure) our spectators will have something nice to look at

This Post:
281951.4 in reply to 281951.2
Date: 09/11/2016 16:34:42
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Hi guys, a couple of news before the first game.

First of all, khenry is definitely NOT going to help at all. He decided to fire all the young scottish players after he lost the election and told his "team" to "do with those trainees as they wish" - resulting in a round of firing those young players. Not a very nice move, even if one is pissed because the election was won just because I happen to be playing the game a bit longer than he did. But you can decide for yourself what you think about that.

My second announcement is that I've set up a database where I hope to be able to keep track of all the various improvements of all scottish players. I scouted the young players and have something to work with. So please, if you don't mind, send me updates of your trainees improvements - that will be a great help!

My third announcement is also an explanation: I have nominated only six players for tomorrows game. There are various reasons. I have decided to run a strict policy and will not allow a player onto the court if his game shape is worse than a 7 (respectable). I also need the players to be trained regularly and in the best possible way. I know that's a lot to ask for but as we don't have many players, we need to set the things we CAN work on into the best possible direction. So GS is very important to me. And training as well - of course. We have a couple of players that see regular training but too many minutes - I will talk with their managers and hope to get them to reduce the weekly minutes of their trainees. In the meantime, I will give young players that get trained and have good GS, even though they have a lot to learn yet, minutes and experience. I sincerely hope that the roster will fill quickly with the players that are not in the best GS-condition but would help us a great deal!

I hope you understand my reasoning and - as always - I'm open for questions and will be happy to answer them, here on the forums or via BB-Mail.

Have a great start into the new week!

Wendell

Last edited by LA-Wendell Alexis at 09/11/2016 16:38:06

This Post:
281951.5 in reply to 281951.4
Date: 09/12/2016 06:01:00
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
I have decided to make one exception from my rule to not allow players onto the court if their gameshape is worse than respectable. If the manager has contacted me, told me the reasons why a particular player doesn't have the right GS and I can reasonably foresee that he'll keep the promise of good training and good GS in the future.

I don't want to use this rule often but it is kind of sad that as of now we only have 6 players that meet the criteria I posted yesterday and two of them are 18 and 19 years old and - with other players trained properly and in good GS, shouldn't be on the team YET. But I'll continue to reward good GS and training as I feel that's the only way to motivate and try to bring some change for the future ...

I hope you'll go along with my decisions - but if you disagree, I'm happy to have a discussion, as always!!

This Post:
281951.6 in reply to 281951.1
Date: 09/16/2016 07:20:21
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Some young players on the TL ... (226333.60)

This Post:
281951.7 in reply to 281951.1
Date: 09/18/2016 20:05:41
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Hi guys,

last week the game went as well as could be expected with the limited material and my GS-restrictions. Adamson Fraser - trained by our NT-Manager Dr Freia Wurf-König - was huge with 55 points. That probably won't happen every week but he's a guy that our opponents need to concentrate on a bit The week that followed was somewhat quite positive. I got a couple of replies to my various sent BB-Mails (thank you, that helps a lot for the future planning!!) - and the GS improved and I even saw a couple of green arrows this Friday. So we're moving into the right direction - even though it'll be a long way and a tough one at that. Let's see if we can reduce the point margin tomorrow. -37 to beat. But even if that doesn't work out, we'll continue our work and see where that will lead us towards the end of the season!

Cheers, Wendell

This Post:
281951.8 in reply to 281951.7
Date: 09/19/2016 11:38:19
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, that's the first win ... and hopefully not the last one during my time as Team Manager. Giving it was kind of a big effort to pull away with it but I had to risk it with our pretty good GS and at least similar enthusiasm. Next week against Spain, we'll definitely lose by a big margin ... hopefully not a lot more than -50 ... but even that's definitely possible. Just keep up the work and we'll see what happens

This Post:
281951.9 in reply to 281951.8
Date: 09/19/2016 12:02:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Excellent win!!! You should be able to recover enthusiasm over the next couple games.

However i think you should post any updates in the Scotland forum so the players in lower divisions can see

This Post:
281951.10 in reply to 281951.1
Date: 09/23/2016 10:11:41
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for the great traning-update AND great GS. We still won't stand a chance against Spain on Monday but hopefully we will be able to be close to -50 which would count as a "victory" in my opinion. We're really moving forward...keep it up!!!

This Post:
281951.11 in reply to 281951.1
Date: 09/26/2016 09:54:12
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Well, it was worth a try with a fast GDP ... since Spain has played only fast-pace this season. But sure - we're (not yet) an opponent that they will fear or even really count as an opponent. So it's time for experiments ... at least we scored in double digits in the first quarter