BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Continental cup?

Continental cup?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/31/2015 16:38:28
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm sure that someone had this idea before but I am sure that it should be a great thing that could change the BBB's shape.
(...and changing BBB's shape is probably the reason why this idea won't be pulled on...)

1st idea:
What about a continental cup including national cup champions?
This seemed to be a sort of "2nd division" cup, only continental...
The 4 continental winners could even play a "final four".
Championship champions could still being in BBB and allowed to play against managers from all over the world, as it is in these days.

2nd idea:
The championship and cup champions are directly playing a continental cup.
8 best teams of each continent are qualified to the sort of "new BBB", including only the 32s best teams from all over the world.
Here you are 4 pools of 8 teams with 4 different continental teams.
2 best teams are qualified and let's play quarter-finals and a "final four".

This ideas should be close from reality...(I am only talking about what I know: euroleague for europe)

Let me know if I'm alone to think that it could be a good deal?!

And I apologize for my bad english...

Last edited by Gilles Bontoux (5266371) at 01/31/2015 16:41:01

This Post:
267437.2 in reply to 267437.1
Date: 02/11/2015 00:15:19
Overall Posts Rated:
1st idea:
What about a continental cup including national cup champions?
This seemed to be a sort of "2nd division" cup, only continental...
The 4 continental winners could even play a "final four".
Championship champions could still being in BBB and allowed to play against managers from all over the world, as it is in these days.

So would it be an every other season sort of thing? For example, if this continental cup were held in Season 30, would there be BBB in Season 31, but no CC, then in 32 there's a CC, etc? Or would the CC run at the same time as BBB? That would probably be too many games in a given week. I like the idea, but I'd personally rather have some sort of international tournament for Divisons II and III first (partly because that's where I stand at the moment).