Bring back daytrading (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/09/2015 15:19:34
Critters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
This fight against daytrading is just stupid and it is ruining the game. I almost never used the daytrading, i did a few times, naturally, i am playing this game from the beginning. Those new rules that are integrated in the game season after season are simpley stupid.

I have bought player a few days ago and it stands:

You will receive 55% of the sale price after fees.

I'm not planning to sell him soon, but i could at the middle or at the end of the season, so why should i be punished for that.

This whole crusade is starting to hurt game seriously.

Poll:  Do you want old daytrading friendly rules back

Yes
No

This Post:
265943.3 in reply to 265943.1
Date: 01/09/2015 16:30:33
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I would rather keep the taxes, I think people just need to get used to the new system, and plan their team building strategy a bit in advance.

For example, I bought some quite crappy C recently, and now I regret that move, there were better players on TL, but oh well.. I still like the new system anyway :) And I'll relegate next season, so whatever :)

This Post:
265943.4 in reply to 265943.3
Date: 01/10/2015 14:08:54
Overall Posts Rated:
For me is even less. 19% not 55%. If I want to move fast and win some titles or avoid relegation and save my season, the only way to do so is to sell some players and buy new ones in shorter period of time. With this new rule this is not possible anymore. We are stuck with same players for most of the season. So basically they are slowing this game. I am guessing they are to lazy to play so they need to punish managers who are here every day trying to make some results.

This Post:
265943.5 in reply to 265943.4
Date: 01/10/2015 20:33:01
Overall Posts Rated:
'trying to make some results'

by exploiting other managers, particularly new managers who might not know better, with massively inflated listing prices and signing players in bulk to make a bit of cash..

No thanks, keep the new taxes.

This Post:
265943.6 in reply to 265943.5
Date: 01/10/2015 22:22:41
Overall Posts Rated:
So buying cheap and selling high is bad? How exactly did this new taxes prevent that? The only thing that this did is that now we need to wait three months to sell a player. Everyone will still try to sell their player at highest price as they can. Including you. As I see you sold six players for higher price than you bought them. Does that mean that you are exploiting other managers? What if at the beginning of a new season you buy some new players and they got injured. You can not sell them because of a new tax. You can not buy new ones because of a new tax and overextension tax. What will you do then? Wait for three months and do nothing?

This Post:
265943.7 in reply to 265943.5
Date: 01/11/2015 04:40:13
Critters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
If you dont see that those rules are ruining the economy of the game than there is no point of debating here.
With limiting of the free flow of the players you are making those same players too expensive and totally ruining the game because you cant train all 5 positions, you can train 1 or 2 players on a longer basis, and you have to compensate the rest from the market, and with old players beeing the cheapest everybody have reached for those in hope that they will be lucky enough that their skills stay 'up' long enough to make them usefull to the team and that their deterioration doesn't effect the team's sucsess.

Naturally and the veterans prices skyrocketed...

And again those ''new managers who might not know better'' find themselves in subordinate position, even worse than they were before.

Rule changes that have to fight daytrading are ruining the games economy and the game itself...and that is really bad because this game is economic manager with a touch of basketball, and not a basketball simulation.

I dont see why is ''buy cheap and sell high'' a criminal act here in these game...and why those who are lucky enough to sell with profit have to be punished by the jelaous bunch who didnt?

This Post:
265943.9 in reply to 265943.6
Date: 01/11/2015 06:27:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Every single player I sell on for a higher price has been trained and/or I have bought for nothing and sold for market price. Daytraders were listing players way way above reasonable prices, if you look at my history ive never sold or listed a player much above what he is worth.

Of course you want a good price for your players and everyone should be able to make some money off the TL, which as you have just checked from mine, I have still been able to this season even with the new taxes. Its just that ive listed players for reasonable prices, paid a little tax, and not sold 20 in a season. Easy.

This Post:
265943.10 in reply to 265943.7
Date: 01/11/2015 06:31:42
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not jealous, I make money off my transfers but i've always done it sensibly.. by training and buying beneath market value and selling for market value..

I'm with you all in one sense in that I think that taxes on profits in certain circumstances would be more appropriate but I genuinely think its daytraders that are ruining the economy. Why are players so expensive now?! Because the same people are still ramping up the prices of their players!

You can say its the taxes fault but it isnt, its still the people just out to make easy cash at the expense of others.

This Post:
265943.11 in reply to 265943.10
Date: 01/11/2015 08:13:26
Critters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
High taxes kill the economy, it kills here and it kills in real life, and if you think otherwise you live in delusion or simply dont understand how the economy works.

If you want to stop daytrading you are gonna have to find another way, and not trough economy where it hurts game and all of it's users...find a way to put pressure on daytraders only, not on all players in the game...

Taxes are never a good way to fix things, maybe it will slow down daytrading but it will kill game in the process...

To put it in the other words, to kill the virus you are atempting to kill the patient...

Dont mean to offend anybody...but i dont want to lose the game that i have been playing for over 6 years...

Last edited by Ray Sadomazođubrilović at 01/11/2015 08:16:37