BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > More tactical depth

More tactical depth

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/24/2008 15:03:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Already discussed before, but the topic was closed. It'd be really nice to see some more tactical variety implemented into the game (which, by the way, I don't think should affect training at all ;). I'm really missing these options right now:

- Defensive pairings.
- Different tactics for different situations. You're using an individual defense and your team is behind by 20 points or more. Maybe you could prepare your tactics (BEFORE the game, of course), so that in this situation you switch to a full court press, or a given type of zone.
- Sets of plays. Your team is down by 2 and you have the final posession with 4 seconds left. You got a great shooter on the bench and you wanna set a screen for him so that he can nail the 3-pointer. Why not? I know modifying the tactics is not possible (nor desirable, anyway) once the game has started, but again it'd be really cool if you could prepare this kind of variations and plays before the game.

This Post:
20820.2 in reply to 20820.1
Date: 03/24/2008 16:40:31
Overall Posts Rated:
- Different tactics for different situations. You're using an individual defense and your team is behind by 20 points or more. Maybe you could prepare your tactics (BEFORE the game, of course), so that in this situation you switch to a full court press, or a given type of zone.

this one definitely needs to be implemented. the best defensive strategy is a flexible one. if teams stubbornly stick to a 2-3 when they're getting lit up from beyond the arc then that's just stupid.

This Post:
20820.3 in reply to 20820.2
Date: 03/25/2008 09:55:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Allot of things need to be added. How bout having the coach understand that your starter is shooting 2-12 and playing miserably while your backup has hit 4-5. Why should he only play 12 minutes because the coach always plays the starters. It would be nice to see your best 5 players on the court for that given day

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

This Post:
20820.4 in reply to 20820.3
Date: 03/25/2008 10:22:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Allot of things need to be added. How bout having the coach understand that your starter is shooting 2-12 and playing miserably while your backup has hit 4-5. Why should he only play 12 minutes because the coach always plays the starters. It would be nice to see your best 5 players on the court for that given day

but that would screw up the training regime.

To: CitB
This Post:
20820.5 in reply to 20820.4
Date: 03/25/2008 11:01:11
Overall Posts Rated:
oh yes the training regime. So if i play 3 games a week and my starters play 32 minutes a game than their game shape goes down. And my backups need to play at least 16 minutes a game to get to the 48 for a week. I would rather win than get extra training.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.

This Post:
20820.6 in reply to 20820.5
Date: 03/25/2008 14:40:09
Overall Posts Rated:
oh I would rather win than get extra training.

That´s your point of view.

But this could be easily handled by command to your coach before match. You could say him "let the best players play" or "don´t play with it, I don´t want to lose training".

This Post:
20820.7 in reply to 20820.6
Date: 03/26/2008 04:38:15
Overall Posts Rated:
at the end of the day that is everyones point of view. You dont join to lowe games

This Post:
20820.8 in reply to 20820.7
Date: 04/13/2008 06:22:00
Overall Posts Rated:
some offensive/ defensive strategies could also be added (ex: pick & roll which is very popular in Europe at the moment)

This Post:
20820.9 in reply to 20820.8
Date: 04/13/2008 08:55:37
Overall Posts Rated:
if pick and pop or roll an offensive strategie or just a "play", i would say pick and Pop ist part of outside and normal focus tactics like pick and roll is in inside or outside focus.

But you are right it gives a lot more strategie like a 2-2-1 fullcourt Zone, maybe a second defences strategy after the ball is at your perimeter(in this case the press is switched for normal defence strategies like a zone or man to man). Or even not so popular strategys like a " box" - but maybe the game becomes to complicated and the tactics are just slightly different to other strategys.

This Post:
20820.10 in reply to 20820.9
Date: 01/11/2009 15:07:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I know this might come from time to time as a suggestion, and therefore, is a common object of discussion in BB, but I truly believe that allowing users to designate their players for specific roles in the team would give BB a new level of depht since the game gets its dynamic improved.

I mean, it would be a nice thing for example, to play Inside but in the meantime be able to have a 3pt shooter in the squad who wont drive and try a layup just because you want your team to do that in general.

Or a go-to-guy, who will receive most of the balls when shotclock hits 8 seconds - of course, its up to GE to identify that and adjust defense to that player - and stuff like that.

I mean, even though i still believe team tactics isnt the best thing about BB, its not a weak part of it either. But alowing users to set things like that is not hard - or THAT hard - and is a nice add.