Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
309285.14 in reply to 309285.1
Date: 05/11/2021 20:29:00
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Kinda sounds like a different game than BB to me... it will need a different world...

This Post:
309285.15 in reply to 309285.8
Date: 05/12/2021 04:00:39
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
Actually, Liked this idea really...even if we created a new seperate server for woman leagues, it would still be the same GE, so why just not add it to the current server .

To add this to the current server, it would give the opportunity for "mixed championship" ... f. e. always two women on the court. In RL this was funny, because of given advantages (3 instead of 2 and 4 instead of 3 points, every block from men against women is goal-tending etc.).

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
309285.21 in reply to 309285.13
Date: 05/14/2021 17:37:51
Girona B.C.
IV.47
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miami Seagulls
Not really, the name can be the same or something like they did with Utopia.

This Post:
309285.22 in reply to 309285.21
Date: 05/17/2021 12:47:00
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
Unless someone knows for certain there are a decent number of current female users and that there's enough interest in implementing women's sports, this comes off as a lot of work for no gain.

If PEOPLE, not just men or women but, PEOPLE don't support women's sports in real life in comparison to men's sports why would it be any different here where it would actually benefit BB and not just be a lot of work for barely anything noticeable in user growth and game progression? Look at soccer around the world for women's and look at soccer around the world for men's. Do the same look for Basketball and Rugby around the world. The level of interest just isn't there for women's sports. Its somewhat growing but its going to continue being a long ways off even with all of the gender equality movement and such going on in todays society and this all without a doubt translates to the digital world to include BB.

Implementing the Youth team aspect if your looking to add any new teams would make far more sense as its already shown to have a good amount of international interest in it just based off other forums here in BB on it.

The idea of a women's team would be fun but I just don't see it being cared enough about to draw any real growth from. Not in the foreseeable future. Some day hopefully. IRL I mostly work with women's teams and that's arguably the biggest frustration, no one outside of the teams themselves really caring. High school men's sports almost gets more attention then women's pro level in anything (College basketball and football prospects here in America for example).

If implementing the Youth aspect to BuzzerBeater helps with community growth and enjoyment then I would reevaluate the idea of introducing the Women's aspect next. If people don't care about who even won the last WNBA championship, or who there big upcoming free agents are, they're not gonna care much about something going on in a manager game. Id be happy to be wrong but I doubt I am not.

This Post:
309285.24 in reply to 309285.23
Date: 05/17/2021 13:44:30
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
for the sake of realism, women should cap their skills at 15

Advertisement