311358.10 in reply to 311358.8
Date: 07/29/2021 11:06:21
Szepiz Playground
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ground Zero
Yeah...
One of the beauty of the game is that you can (actually need to) build a team for a type of strategy. You can not have only all around players and be successful. You need some sort of specialization and be dominant with that.
Those type of training that your guy has is a bit (for me and this is my only private opinion) odd and does not make sense.

Also consider this:
- if you want a well trained good set up player high in everything you will end up looking in a very small pool for players with extremely high salaries and cost. These are the type of players that are trained for good / top nations national team. Long and logical training aiming 135-140+ TSP with a good setup.
You only need these type of players if you want to compete in the very high end, BBB or you are dedicated trainers for NT.

- if you step back one or two from this small group, now you are aiming those players that were still well trained with some sort of logic and could be used in many positions and will be solid players for your team. Still relatively pricy.

- and then you can look for / build / train for beside a specific logic. Let`s say that you want to have a team be able to dominate with 3-2 zone defense, or you want a team for LI strictly. Now you are targeting certain skills trained well, not everything. Price range will be totally different, but you need some logic around them.

This Post:
311358.12 in reply to 311358.1
Date: 08/02/2021 10:52:47
Vilkiukai
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
It is not ideal but for DIV III it should be killing. Try run and gun, princeton tactics him as SG and SF. Or reverse patient.

Idealy i would like 18JS+15JR, or 19JS+14JR and as much IS and PA as possible. IS and PA increase FG% alot. PA slightly decreases shot attempts, it doesnt shoot bat shots.

But 18+11 and 9IS is very nice player and manageable in competetive DIV II. Maybe your tactics are wrong.

This Post:
311358.14 in reply to 311358.1
Date: 08/07/2021 06:55:22
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Which of your players is he, is it Goins? If so, get him in good gameshape, he's been in 7 for the whole season it seems and that's not a way for him to be effective.

How is his stamina? If it's below 5, get that up so he can be more effective.

I'm assuming his PA isn't very bad otherwise he wouldn't be listed as PG, but low PA can also lead to bad shot selection because he's not able to make a good pass so he's forced to take bad shots.

Your offensive flow doesn"t seem bad either, but good flow (good HA/PA on most players) can lead to better shots because assisted shots have a higher %.

His shooting skills are plenty good for your division.

This Post:
311358.16 in reply to 311358.1
Date: 08/11/2021 12:06:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Tue question to address is:
Are JS and JR added or multiplied?
Anything else is a pointless babbling.

This Post:
311358.17 in reply to 311358.8
Date: 08/13/2021 16:21:21
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
There’s no proof behind this, but something I’ve been noticing lately is that guys with high JS and lower DR shoot at a better % than those with high JS and DR.

I’m not sure what the reason may be for this, but I’ve noticed it with my team. Feel free to look at my team, as I can guaranty you my guys don’t have the greatest shooting. Pretty average at best, honestly, compared to other in the league.

This Post:
311358.18 in reply to 311358.17
Date: 08/14/2021 02:35:37
Vilkiukai
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
guys with high JS and lower DR shoot at a better % than those with high JS and DR.

This is natural when 20IS guard can only manage to actualy lay in or dunk 1 out of 4 dunks/layups Imagine what is the difference with low IS, exactly one you are having now. You have better shot distribution because lower DR. It used to be dunks, layups and assisted shots most efficient, nowadays they are LEAST efficient.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 08/14/2021 02:36:58

This Post:
311358.20 in reply to 311358.19
Date: 08/14/2021 05:06:04
Vilkiukai
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
So far it is speculation, small sample size. But in lithuania community i am not alone. Seems like this season game engine changed drastically, while season ago it was tweaked only minorily. This season borderline NT players are laying bricks, seems like they changed proffesion

Most of the tactics are working differently, cannot recognize them. I had been playing LI in LI era many season, got back after like 20+ season absence, catched up, nothing changed drasticly even if you compare 40 seasons ago (ofcourse tsp inflated, secondaries inflater, training speed inflated, salaries deflated; but despite these nothing drastically changed, was so eazy to ge tback on track), untill this season, i see games and they just do not feel right anymore (they felt OK after 20+ seasons break and last 6 seasons also.

Will try to do statistical analysis on this season and 2 seasons ago later, i think we got to the point, where eye test seems correct, but no data available

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 08/14/2021 05:09:34

Advertisement