BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > Won qualifier but were relegate from league III.2

Won qualifier but were relegate from league III.2

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/08/2008 16:56:34
Overall Posts Rated:
What is going up here now, there must be a really big bug, I won my qualifier but now I am in league IV.45....

Thats the games:

22.04.2008 19:00:00 Böse Hand Nakamichi Dragons 25 - 0
26.04.2008 19:00:00 Nakamichi Dragons Böse Hand 0 - 0

The final qualifier match I also didnt get, I tried to lost my last match for get the final match and because my opponent only played with one player I also played with one player and so the result was 0 - 0 but in all I won the qualifier because I won the first match. Apropos my opponent is also relegate, I think that must be an buck because one of us must be the winner of the qualifier!!!

So, you should fix that really soon before the season begin on saturday and all will be confused!!!

Thanks OJAY

This Post:
29486.2 in reply to 29486.1
Date: 05/08/2008 17:01:25
Overall Posts Rated:
That appears to be a double forfeit, which means you did not win two games in the series.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
29486.3 in reply to 29486.2
Date: 05/08/2008 17:10:23
Overall Posts Rated:
That appears to be a double forfeit, which means you did not win two games in the series.

Sorry but I can only win or loose a game and for this reason there is a final game in the qualifier. That I did not get the final game means that I won the second game and in all the qualifier!

So why I am relegate?

This Post:
29486.4 in reply to 29486.3
Date: 05/08/2008 17:15:44
Overall Posts Rated:
A BB will need to provide further info.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
29486.5 in reply to 29486.4
Date: 05/08/2008 17:21:49
Overall Posts Rated:
A BB will need to provide further info.

So, will you inform an BB or what should be done on my side because the new season begin very soon and all the people have to plan there matches including my self?

This Post:
29486.6 in reply to 29486.5
Date: 05/08/2008 17:26:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll let them know.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
29486.7 in reply to 29486.3
Date: 05/09/2008 03:44:41
Overall Posts Rated:
The issue is being handled by the BB's. In the meantime, let me try to explain you what I think happened and why.

Sorry but I can only win or loose a game and for this reason there is a final game in the qualifier. That I did not get the final game means that I won the second game and in all the qualifier!

If you look at your matches, you can see that you won the first one (the result is in black) while you lost the second match (the result is in red). Like said above, it seems to be considered a double forfeit, so both teams in fact lost. You simply cannot argue having won a match where you didn't even bring enough players to start it, so this part makes perfect sense. Thus, the engine has counted you "1 win" AND "1 loss", it has counted "2 losses" for the other team.

Why was there no third match? The system sees it was not needed because one team already lost two matches. The engine sees that the other team has "2 losses". The code probably has a simple IF branch that handles this: if either team does not have 2 losses after 2 matches, schedule the third match.

So why I am relegate?

Obviously, I think everyone agrees that one win should suffice in this case, as the third match was never played and the other team lost both. I hope the BB's will find a way to fix this for you. It may be that it cannot be fixed at this point. If this is the case, I'm very sorry for you.

Let's now go back to the above explanation.

It seems the actual relegation is handled team by team - not by looking at the league and relegating the 4 most deserving teams. This actually makes perfect sense, because they need to consider the case where both teams in the relegation playoffs throw both matches. These teams would thus have a tie, and there would be no clear way to decide which one relegates - so both relegate. The rules should obviously state this.

So, in case of teams finishing 6th and 7th, the system again looks at the record in the relegation playoffs. For some reason, it does not consider LOSSES this time but only WINS instead. So, you keep your record of "1 win" AND "1 loss", while the other team is at "2 losses". You are both relegated as neither team has 2 wins, which are required to stay in the upper league.

The fact that your "1 win" didn't count is unfortunate and seems like a bug to me.

This Post:
29486.8 in reply to 29486.7
Date: 05/09/2008 04:32:19
Overall Posts Rated:
The fact that your "1 win" didn't count is unfortunate and seems like a bug to me.

So, for me it also seems like bug and in the moment I will be punished two times because I didnt get the final match and also Iam now relegate...

That could not be and an Sorry I cant except because it isnt my fail that the rules for that are so bad programmed!!!

In fact afew days ago, i think on tuesday when the plan for the new season comes out, I think I was still in my old league III.2 and now there was a change...

But whichever there must be a team which takes my place without qualification in league III and this team should relegate back to his old league!!!

To: OJAY
This Post:
29486.9 in reply to 29486.8
Date: 05/09/2008 11:33:19
Molson Canadians
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
We're looking into this, and we'll see what we can do. At a first glance, this seems like a bug, and I think WallyOop has the right idea as to what happened. It's on our list of things to do for today's Bug Fix Day, and I'll keep you posted with what we find.

This Post:
29486.10 in reply to 29486.9
Date: 05/09/2008 18:22:13
Overall Posts Rated:
We're looking into this, and we'll see what we can do. At a first glance, this seems like a bug, and I think WallyOop has the right idea as to what happened. It's on our list of things to do for today's Bug Fix Day, and I'll keep you posted with what we find.

Hi Mark, thanks for the fast fixing and the good job... You have my trust!!!

Greetings OJAY

This Post:
29486.11 in reply to 29486.9
Date: 05/11/2008 03:52:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that longer team you should prevent walkovers:

1) No roster can be reduced to less than 10 players. If current sales would reduce your roster to 10, you can't fire or transfer list a player.

To avoid teams getting trapped with a negative balance and not being permitted to sell, always allow a minimum bid ($1000 or $5000) when the roster is less than 12 players.

2) If the lineup for a game is less than 10 players, randomly select healthy players from the roster. If this is not sufficient due to injuries, generate a player with an amateur contract, with inept or worse skills and announcer potential.