BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > The Game Shape Training Discussion

The Game Shape Training Discussion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/27/2014 18:00:18
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a discussion. It has a poll but is a discussion.
The removal of GS Training is long overdue.
We need to end this thing.
You can't win and Train at the same time.
That is one of many users favourite parts of BB and we can't do it when we make a runs at winning.
So, Here are the ideas.
I will update the list if there are more.

Keep it There

There are people who like GS Training.
This will keep us from training though.

Remove It!

I like this best.

Change it.

Maybe we should make it less effective.
Would People still do it?

Get paid in sponsors for giving BB good players.

New Idea.
I thought that if you train players,
then fans would prefer seeing their favourite players in town being yours.
So, if you train every week of the season the next year you deserve a % boost from your attendance.

Poll:  Which One Is Best?

Let It Be
Remove It
Get paid in sponsors for giving BB good players.
Make It Less Effective
Other (Say Below)

This Post:
265678.2 in reply to 265678.1
Date: 12/27/2014 18:34:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Well it has already been reduced in its effectiveness. I believe a couple seasons ago they made GS training less effective to help with this issue. Not sure how much less effective it is since the change has been made but my only two opinions are:

Keep it There or Remove it.

I personally would want to see it removed, but I can understand why it is in the game as there are instances where I would want to train it. It's just a problem because the majority of teams in top leagues train GS nearly every week. This was brought up in the B3 Thread where a couple managers were saying how it is impossible to win B3 without training GS throughout the tournament, which I agree with. I personally think BB should remove it and see which managers can truly manage minutes, or just leave it as it is, as it has already been reduced in its effectiveness.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
265678.3 in reply to 265678.2
Date: 12/27/2014 18:59:23
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I voted with you.
This is one of the reasons I want it out.
Maybe you should be aloud to train once the entire year?

This Post:
265678.5 in reply to 265678.2
Date: 12/27/2014 23:15:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Well it has already been reduced in its effectiveness. I believe a couple seasons ago they made GS training less effective to help with this issue. Not sure how much less effective it is ...

I voted for "Other." Game Shape training cannot be made less effective than it already is, in my experience, since it cannot be worse than zero. I have received exactly zero pops in Game Shape from training in four seasons ... zero. So I don't see how it can be less effective than that. And taking it out but leaving everything else would seem to give tacit approval to the rest of the training coding, which deserves no approval. It is illogical, expensive, pointless, frustrating and anti-intuitive ... a severe black spot on an otherwise very enjoyable game.

So the "Other" I would vote for is a complete overhaul of training ... seriously. Some of it is good, but some of it is so illogical it begs forgiveness.

This Post:
265678.6 in reply to 265678.5
Date: 12/28/2014 04:21:12
Overall Posts Rated:
. I have received exactly zero pops in Game Shape from training in four seasons ... zero. So I don't see how it can be less effective than that.

I don't think you are doing it right then. Either you are playing your players waaay too many minutes/too less minutes and expecting GS training to still make their GS rise, or you just haven't noticed when their GS goes from 7 to 8 or 8 to 9. GS training is still pretty OP for managers who manage minutes well and train GS. It is almost instantly 9 GS if you get your players 55-65 minutes and train GS that week.

And taking it out but leaving everything else would seem to give tacit approval to the rest of the training coding, which deserves no approval.

I'm confused... Either I don't understand what you were trying to say, or you didn't phrase it very well. Taking out GS training wouldn't mess up any training coding...

So the "Other" I would vote for is a complete overhaul of training ... seriously. Some of it is good, but some of it is so illogical it begs forgiveness.

Like what? What about the training process right now is illogical? I'm interested. I personally think that the current trianing system and setup is pretty solid and fun.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
265678.7 in reply to 265678.5
Date: 12/28/2014 06:15:53
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I voted for "Other." Game Shape training cannot be made less effective than it already is, in my experience, since it cannot be worse than zero. I have received exactly zero pops in Game Shape from training in four seasons ... zero. So I don't see how it can be less effective than that. And taking it out but leaving everything else would seem to give tacit approval to the rest of the training coding, which deserves no approval. It is illogical, expensive, pointless, frustrating and anti-intuitive ... a severe black spot on an otherwise very enjoyable game.

What in the world are you talking about??

This Post:
265678.8 in reply to 265678.1
Date: 12/28/2014 06:16:40
Spartan 300
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
"Let It Be"

I give my vote for the 1st one. You have all options open for your training. Some people prefer to have better skills on their players and to train, and other prefer to have a good GS, so their players give their maximum at that moment, freedom of your choice.

Training skills have already one boost, later you will not pay the Overextension Tax. So just let people make their own decisions.

Cheers

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
265678.9 in reply to 265678.8
Date: 12/28/2014 08:15:56
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Managers making a run at titles in Div I usually have saved enough
therefore they don't have to worry about the over-extention
I currently am losing over $250K per week
Plus An OET of $63K
and that's with a $127K exemption
However I saved over $10 million for this run at a title
I would prefer the continuation of regular training but I can't
partly because the managing minutes part doesn't work very well
even though my players get 60-69 minutes
Teams training GS do much better
I must train GS

This Post:
265678.10 in reply to 265678.9
Date: 12/28/2014 08:22:39
Spartan 300
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
The problem is that the managing minutes part doesn't work well, not the GS training. This should be fixed in my opinion. Even your player get the ideal "minutes" in that week it doesn't mean that he will have a good shape..

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
265678.11 in reply to 265678.10
Date: 12/28/2014 17:18:46
Overall Posts Rated:
"Let it be". I don't like this tendency lately to take away options how we can play this game. The BBs already reduced the effectiveness of game shape training. Day trading is made harder. Overspending for some time is punished by the overextension tax. A lot of rules that always take away options of how to play this game.

A big part of this game are tradeoffs, e.g.:
1) You want to train 3 players in one position training? You will not have the best results in games because a player who plays 48 mins a game is tired at the end.
2) You want to win a championship and want your players to be in the game shape? Train game shape. But don't blame anybody that your players don't get skillups.
3) You want to win at any cost and buy a team that's just too expensive to be financed by your weekly incomes? So you have to pay the overextension tax.

I want to have a choice which way to take. If we take away still another and another option sooner or later we'll have everybody do the same thing in the same way. I would prefer to have people compete in different ways. I hope I could make myself clear here.