TIE games

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/27/2012 18:45:29
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
There is no bb rule against contacting your next opponent and asking him if he agrees to play tie against your team.
In this case both teams gets the benefit from the extra enthusiasm they gain which overall favors them over the rest teams of the division.

This is something I personally find unfair and am against it. Several times in the past I have mentioned it over posts in the Greek community, but what most people answered was that it's not against the BB rules and that only a few people practice....So no problem there???

Recently I was again approached to set a tie game, but this time I thought of a different way to tackle those pm asking for tie games...
In the division where I belong Hellas,II.1..... I made a post where any team could openly ask to set a tie game against another team....obviously the latter team would have the option to reject the offer, but now everyone could benefit (except the opponents in the cup games) from the extra enthusiasm and everyone would have knowledge of who has more enthusiasm. The whole point was, since it's ok by the BBs let's not make it in secret :))))

The results of this weird experiment have already started coming clear. Before not all teams found unfair the process of setting tie games by pm, but now everyone started caring about the integrity of the championship and the ethical aspect of the open-tie invitations
Before only a few had the benefit of earning some cunning enthusiasm, but now everyone can

Now more managers wish tie didnt exist

Maybe it's time for the BB to consider abolishing tie option and normal games could be played only normal/crunch

This Post:
213468.2 in reply to 213468.1
Date: 03/27/2012 18:51:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Then it would turn into mutual normals....

This Post:
213468.3 in reply to 213468.2
Date: 03/27/2012 18:53:57
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
2 options instead of 3
Normal mode : no increase in enthusiasm
Crunch: decrease in enthusiasm

This Post:
213468.4 in reply to 213468.1
Date: 03/27/2012 19:05:16
Spartan 300
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Example, I play like an outsider in League or Cup, and in your opinion I must play Normal (no TIE) and can't increase my Ent?

Be serious mate.

This is where we hold them!

This Post:
213468.5 in reply to 213468.3
Date: 03/27/2012 20:03:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Exactly and people would rather not decrease their enthusiasm then decrease it if given the choice.

This Post:
213468.6 in reply to 213468.4
Date: 03/28/2012 00:40:42
Kentauroi Cholargou
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:

If bb is trying to approach realistic features of a basketball game,, then it's not rocket science to understand that extra enthusiasm by playing taking it easy against any team ( stronger or not) cannot be achieved.....

But my main concern is being missed by both of you....since some players are using the tie feature of the game in order to achieve benefit over other managers who do not approach users in the same way....then maybe it's time to consider a solution to protect all those users who do not act in this cunning way by sending pms. Whether you play tie,norm,or crunch should be part of your strategy and not something you agree with your opponent in order for both of you to get advantage for your next games....

Example, I play like an outsider in League or Cup, and in your opinion I must play Normal (no TIE) and can't increase my Ent?

Be serious mate.

If you play against a stronger team, and your opponent underestimates you, you can play as hard as you can and maybe you can win...this happens in real life games....don't understand how if a team loses by i.e:100 points difference from a stronger team playing tie that will affect positively the team's enthusiasm ...this is just stupid.....

Do you reckon Spartans played tie against the Persians ??? ;)))))))))))))))

This Post:
213468.7 in reply to 213468.6
Date: 03/28/2012 01:24:49
Overall Posts Rated:
If you have not noticed this is not a realistic basketball game. What basketball team only trains certain players on one certain skill, once a week?

This game is about strategy and having three types of effort levels adds another element of strategy to the game, thus enhancing the gameplay.

This Post:
213468.8 in reply to 213468.1
Date: 03/28/2012 02:03:20
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
There is no bb rule against contacting your next opponent and asking him if he agrees to play tie against your team.
In this case both teams gets the benefit from the extra enthusiasm they gain which overall favors them over the rest teams of the division.

The rest of the division can do exactly the same. So there is no favor for anyone, it's just about using or not using this option.

Anyway, one of the possible solution against mutual games is hiding message about attitude in box score as no one could check whether opponent keep the word of not. Now, it's too easy to find out whether the other side broke the agreement.

Last edited by rwystyrk at 03/28/2012 02:04:35

This Post:
213468.9 in reply to 213468.6
Date: 03/28/2012 02:03:30
Overall Posts Rated:
but you forget that managing enthusiam is also a nice tactical tool, and with the public thread you already have a pillory for Tie deal breakers which i don't like and also you reduce the point where they ask. And always going for a tie deal is also only good for good team with not so good managers ;)

This Post:
213468.10 in reply to 213468.6
Date: 03/28/2012 07:22:30
Spartan 300
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
You don't understand me mate. You have TIE, Normal, and CT, and only you decide witch of those 3 you will play.
If I play again a bad team, its logical that i will play TIE and have a better enthusiasm (my players rest a bit in the game, don't play the best they can).
Its all about the strategy in this game. There is no advantage for anyone in this game, we all have the same options to play.

If I play a game that I think I will easy win/ or loose anyway, ofc that I will play TIE and have a better ent for the next matches, that what you say is not so good, if I play again a stronger team and he underestimates me I play CT and win, OK, but what is with the next matches? My ent is down and I will sure loose some next games. Is that a good strategy?

You can't just throw out the TIE option. Those 3 options are one of the most important options in game.

I repeat, its all about the strategy, as a good manager you must know when to play TIE, when Normal and in which situations CT. It's not an agreement, do you have any guarantee that your opponent will play TIE? No. You have the same options as we all have, you can play TIE - TIE too, but then you go in a risk, your opponent can play Normal or CT in those situations, you can't be sure is he honest, maybe it's a tactical move of your opponent..

So play the best you can, and use all opportunities you have.

This is where we hold them!