BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Penalty for transfer listed unsold players

Penalty for transfer listed unsold players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/20/2010 04:41:37
Overall Posts Rated:
I was looking for an additional player the last few days and it is very annoying to me that you often see players listed way above their actual market value, a price they will never ever be sold for.

In my opinion this should have negative consequences for the team, my proposal:

- unsold player drops in GS
- for every unsold player a team has to pay a penalty X% of the listed price, X+1% for the second unsold player...

I believe this would reduce the amount of players on the market significantly and make research a little bit easier.

This Post:
154705.2 in reply to 154705.1
Date: 08/20/2010 05:32:49
Overall Posts Rated:
I have suggested the taxation of unsold transfer listed players some time ago. It took me some time to realize that it would not really be the best solution.
I have been tracking a lot of teams since then and usually majority of these teams actually lower the price after the unsuccessful sale. Still there are teams that constantly hold their whole team for sale week after week. We can add the overpriceing daytraders to that list aswell. I have come to a conclusion that limiting transfers by not allowing players to be tranfer listed before they have played enough games for the new club (it does not matter if we make it 11 games before listing or 1 listing per game played) or taxing the unsold transfers is not the best way to handle the situation. There are cases where teams need to sell the players in order to avoid bankruptsy.
As a few GM's have stated, users should determine themself what seems to be the correct price. If team is going to bankruptsy the players will get transferlisted starting from the minimum (to save the user from himself). Could we implement the same tactic to constant listing? Would it be the best way to handle this thing? Perhaps listing a player for the fifth time will only allow him to be listed at 1$ starting price. It would be better than not letting them list at all. Ofcourse the listings would diminish after a month. Would this record keeping per teams player be too hard to implement and monitor?
I think your GS drop is a great idea. What are your thoughts on how many unsuccessful sales before 1 level drop. Does total time on the team influence the drop level.
We also have to look at the way it would influence the TL. Maybe TL would drop in activity? But scanning TL every 2 days leads me to believe that players whose prices are in the right range, get sold (even if it takes a few listings). So this change would mostly influence players that are constantly listed (and overpriced) and if they actually are never sold then we would not miss them on the TL aswell. Correct?
I think that this is not the biggest problem in BB (as it seems to take place less than I thought before I started actively researching it). I think the reporting of some teams "lucky fisherman" moves also toned them down a bit. But nevertheless I would expect a more calm discussion about this problem this time around. I agree I was a bit agressive and had way less information than I have now.
I definately look forward to the GS drop discussion part of this suggestion.

This Post:
154705.3 in reply to 154705.2
Date: 08/20/2010 05:56:39
Overall Posts Rated:
As for the GS: I wouldnt like a complicated model that includes amount of time player is on the team, maybe role of the player (star, starter, backup...) Just keep it simple, so everybody can understand what this is all about, for example: the first unsuccesful sale should result in a -1, second -2 and third should go directly to GS 4 or even 2. I imagine a player wouldnt be very happy knowing the team would like to get rid of him and at the same time nobody is interested in buying him.

Maybe you noticed that we both are/were looking for a PF - and with all that players out there we both placed bids on the same guys unfortunately I had to let go of the Spaniard you bought (good luck with him!) :( - if you look for a PF with a salary over 35k you will see that most of them are listed at too high prices and wont get sold anyway thats not the way auctions should work.

Maybe BB could add a "Best offer"-function like it exists on eBay, where you can offer the seller your price and then get the player sold for this amount.

Another possibility would be to introduce the "dutch" auction - players start with a high bidding price, which is lower until the first owner places a bid and gets the player.

Message deleted
This Post:
154705.5 in reply to 154705.3
Date: 08/20/2010 06:08:25
Overall Posts Rated:
A better system would be that all players are listed at 1k if you want to sell them. However, the owner of the player can set a hidden value which is the lowest amount he is happy to accept. If the bidding goes above this amount then the player is sold. If the bidding doesn't quite reach the amount set then the system will automatically return the player to the owner and the owner will get taxed. Or the system will raise the bid when the auction is about to end to the amount that was set by the owner.

This Post:
154705.6 in reply to 154705.5
Date: 08/20/2010 07:27:53
Overall Posts Rated:
This would be pretty bad - imagine you are in a bidding war for a player and place te winning bid, only to find out you did not reach the reserve price so the player wont be sold.

This Post:
154705.7 in reply to 154705.1
Date: 08/20/2010 07:52:32
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
You can use maximum current bid in filter, it makes your searching easier.
If there is some fee, I would accept the same fee (we can talk about how much it could be) for listing any player at any price no matter if he is sold or not.
Some impact on GS is acceptable for me, but I think it would be too complicated to be well balanced and not counter-productive and additional value would be quite low.

This Post:
154705.8 in reply to 154705.3
Date: 08/20/2010 09:30:44
Overall Posts Rated:
I think -1 GS drop per listing is a bit harsh. You can llist player twise a week, so 1 gs drop per week is enough imo. 0,5 GS drop per listing seems fair to me.
I noticed you bidding on the spaniard:) Glad I got him. He will prolly stay on my team for a long time. I think "best offer" function is not really suitable for this games TL.

This Post:
154705.9 in reply to 154705.5
Date: 08/20/2010 12:20:34
Overall Posts Rated:
another probelem with the 1k starting bid, is that special time zones are fewer players only and the prohability is higher that there aren't two serious bidders outside(in this case traders will profit out of the change most, and become important so that the players aren't selled too cheap but still lot under value)

This Post:
154705.10 in reply to 154705.9
Date: 08/20/2010 12:25:37
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand what you mean. Why will traders profit out of the change the most?

This Post:
154705.11 in reply to 154705.10
Date: 08/20/2010 12:33:10
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't understand what you mean. Why will traders profit out of the change the most?

because when you sell a player in a uncommon timezone, the chanche is high that there is no manager online who is intrested in him and able to pay a common price. This player won't run out for 1k and get back to the owner, when he is worth 2 Mio, but players will buy him because he is cheap and most likely to sell him again because they don't need him(so those player land fpor 1,3-1,5 mio at a trader, who could sell him at a better time for 2 Mio).