BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Looking for advice

Looking for advice (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/04/2010 14:03:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I've got a game coming up against a new guy who has only set strategy for one game. He ran a motion offense and a 3-2 defense and won. I thought about running a low post or look inside strategy against him. However I have two things making me hesitate:

1- I just lost the player starting at PF to injury (and all-star as well) and the guy that steps into his shoes is a raw 18 year old I'm still trying to build (meaning the back-up isn't as good either...although a slow game like Low Post won't give the back up as much time).
2- I have just tried the patient offense because I'm not great at either inside or outside and my shooting percentage was low. My last game was my highest scoring (first over 100) and I won by over 30 (after three straight losses). So I'm hesitant to switch to an offense that works against what only "might" be his favorite defense while not playing to my strengths. (the guy playing C for me is a solid double-double guy so I can play down low in a sense).

A quickie add on...for defense a lot say the 3-2 works well against motion but my strength tends to be rebounding. Will switching from the 2-3 to the 3-2 still make sense for me?

No matter where you go, there you are.
This Post:
130446.2 in reply to 130446.1
Date: 02/04/2010 14:41:43
Totwart
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Please use the help forum for this kind of questions

//closed