Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/16/2022 16:26:16
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
This thread will be for updates and information on the National Team for those who are on the forums. For the most National Team discussion and resources join the BB discord at https://discord.gg/WBUK7vWmMF. Message me if you do join so I can get you added to the USA specific channels.

I want to kick off this thread with a couple of common questions that I have gotten or that people might have about the National Team.

Is my player good enough for the National Team?

The best way to get this answered is to message me about them! However, a couple things that every National Team player or prospect will have:

1. Hall of Fame potential (some MVP potentials can make the team, but they are more rare)
2. High level training since they were a rookie (usually level 6 trainer + a gym). This typically means at least 90 total skill points by the time they are 21 and at least 120 by the time they are 24 (preferably even more). Players typically don't make the team until 26 or older and most National Team guards/forwards have around 150 TSP and bigs just a little bit less but high inside skills.
3. Good game shape management. Players playing on the National team need to be in 8 or 9 game shape every week. A sports psychologist can help with this.

What benefit do I get for training a player for the National Team?

1. If you have a player on the National Team you get a very big boost to your merchandise each week they are in the lineup (approximately 15% of your players salary).
2. If your player doesn't make the team you will still be left with one of the best players in the country.
3. Having a USA trained player on your team increases your weekly merchandise regardless of whether they make National Team.
4. It is fun to watch your player play for the team on Mondays.

Can I train a player for the National Team?

If you want to train a player for the National team then the first step is to acquire a hall of fame potential player. This can be through the draft (getting lucky) or through the transfer market. Join the discord and check the NT-chat channel where I post potential prospects that are on the transfer list (from 18 year olds to current players).

Keep in mind that to train them to be a National Team level player you will need to invest quite a bit of money in trainers and infrastructure. A level 6+ trainer as well as a level 3 gym is preferred, however a level 5 trainer can be sufficient in cases where you can't afford a level 6.

How should I train my player?

You can always send me a message for advice on training for the National Team, however there are great training resources as well as a National Team specific guide on the discord! Send me a message if you are unable to find them.

I don't want to train, but I would like to help out the National Team. What can I do?

If you are a top division team then we are always looking to for managers to acquire the older players already on the National Team. Their merchandise they bring each week will help you to maintain their salary (only in division 1 or 2 in most cases). Managing the game shape on the national team players is always something that is needed that benefits both the player's owner and the National Team.

Additionally, we can often use help scouting opponent teams and talent. If you are interested in that then reach out to me.

How can I follow our teams success?

Check out the National team on the side menu or at https://www.buzzerbeater.com/country/1/nt/overview.aspx. National Team games are played every Monday so make sure to cheer the team on! Check the NT-chat on discord for score updates as well as in-game discussion. If nobody is commenting on the match then feel free to start the discussion yourself!

An In-depth training guide is available on the discord to USA users along with other training resources and channels to both get advice and post your prospects, so go ahead and

This Post:
317090.2 in reply to 317090.1
Date: 11/16/2022 16:29:53
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Best National Team Prospects Season 59

In an effort to make National Team training more exciting and competitive, I will be posting the top prospects for each age at the start of every season. If your player isn't listed, don't despair. Often times the manager committed to training their player the longest is the one that ends up with the player on the team. Feel free to message me to see where your player stands in comparison to others of their age.

Here are the top prospects for each age 25 and under (26 and older will either be making the team or on the watchlist for callups):

1. *Victor Becker (all-star underdogs, USA IV.59)
2. Todd Huey (Amsterdam Chimps, USA III.16)
3. *Jeffrey Nagle (Sofuegg, USA NBBA)

1. Clifton Knutson (NY 10ers, USA IV.57)
2. Clement Lewis (Flashover, USA II.3)
3. Jackie Gresham (Paris Peacocks, USA IV.17)

1. Rod Woodward (Waterloo Mavericks, Utopia IV.42)
2. Rod Jackson (Hong Kong, III.1)
3. Louis Jolly (USA, IV.21)

1. Antonio Fornos (The White Walkers, USA IV.9)
2. Jerry Roman (Big Gulp Reincarnated, USA II.4)
3. Quinn Ellis (Warroad II, Utopia IV.16)

1. Rupert Vogel (Cassville Yuck, USA II.1)
2. Kraig Miller (Straški navihanci, Slovenia II.1)
3. Jose Vicente Iragui (Fortune Teller, USA III.3)

1. Dustin Artis (Red Head, Israel League Ligat Ha’al)
2. Kristofer Sikes (Flashover, USA II.3)
3. Ade Taylor (Visionaries, USA III.6)

1. Michael Lugo (Desert Eagles, USA III.16)
2. Charles Polanco (ZfreeSyria, Spain II.1)
3. Bud Cates (Chicago Nightmare, USA III.6)
3TIE. Neil Kimball (Resurrected Fury, USA III.5)

1. Alfonso Conejos (ETBU Tigers, USA II.1)
2. Efrain Goldstein (Sant Mateu, Spain II.3)
3. Charles Nguyen (The Phantom Thieves, USA II.1)

* indicates for sale or possible sale soon

The future of the team is bright!

This Post:
317090.3 in reply to 317090.2
Date: 01/06/2023 12:22:55
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
NT Midseason Update

Just a quick update on the NT performance so far this season. We started off the season hot with wins over Paraguay, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Barbados in our group (along with a scrimmage win). This lead to a battle for first place in the group with defending Americas champion Chile. While we used more effort, Chile almost completed a comeback from down double digits, but our team was able to secure the win and first place in the group! A win over the Bahamas completed the 6-0 record for the 1st group stage.

We are now in the 2nd group stage where the competition is tougher and we are looking to advance through to the semifinals. Our first game we took care of Uruguay quite easily, winning by 29 points. This week we are facing Mexico as we look to stay on top of the group.

Calvin Webb and Brett Kang have lead the way in scoring this season, the veteran and the future! Webb also broke the record for games played for the NT in our win over Uruguay. Luis Turland has also been big for us this season, leading the team in rebounds and second in assists. Don Alford has been great running the point for us as well, leading the team in assists and 3rd in points.

Hopefully we can keep winning and return to the top of the Americas competition.

This Post:
317090.4 in reply to 317090.3
Date: 02/07/2023 11:22:20
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
End of S59 Update

After going undefeated through the group stage we lost to Chile in the semifinals. They have been the toughest competition in the Americas the last few seasons and seem to be a step ahead of us at this point. Our tactical choices were quite limited due to the low GS on quite a few of our players, so we opted to try and stop their inside attack with GDP, but they outmaneuvered us by switching to inside isolation.

This loss put us into a qualifier game against Lithuania yesterday where we were similarly limited in our tactical choices. However, with the enthusiasm being fixed for the qualifier game we made two last minute callups, including Johnny Case who started for us and scored 15 points. We were able to pull out the victory and qualified for the Worlds competition for season 60. The format has change slightly and there will be 16 teams rather than the usual 12. However, with an increased number of teams out of Europe, the competition will likely be stronger than ever.

The NT still has a lot of ground to make up on the other top teams in the world. However, our future is looking bright with many great players being trained and more users interested in helping out with the NT. If you are looking to train for the NT or help out in anyway then send me a message! I don't get tired of receiving them (at least not so far) so feel free to message me about any prospect you might have or anything about the NT!

This Post:
317090.5 in reply to 317090.2
Date: 02/09/2023 00:47:34
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Here are the top prospects extended to each age 26 and under. Additionally, I have included a “Class Grade” to show how strong each age group is looking. This is not a grade of any one player in particular, but rather when considering all the best prospects from that age group. Your player not on here? You just got to train harder! Feel free to reach out to me about any prospect you may have! Often times it is the player trained the longest that makes the team and we could use players that are trained as long as possible.

18 – Class Grade A-
1. Tang Kuanyang (Extra Crispy, USA IV.16)
2. Harvey Lahaye (CB Bethesdorf, USA IV.28)*
3. Rodger Cisneros (Serenity Valley Browncoats, USA III.6)*

19 – Class Grade A
1. Jeffrey Nagle (MasterofDisaster, Italy IV.36)
2. William Orourke (Silverbacks, USA IV.6)
3. David Sohn (I Believe That We Will Win, USA IV.12)

20 – Class Grade D
1. Jackie Gresham (Paris Peacocks, USA IV.17)
2. Xavier McNair (southpaw army, USA IV.24)
3. Warner Acevedo (Mindless Zombies, USA IV.27)

21 – Class Grade B+
1. Louis Jolly (Samantha Basket Utopica, Utopia II.2)
2. Rod Woodward (Waterloo Mavericks, Utopia IV.42)
3. Rod Jackson (工程狗, Hong Kong III.1)

22 – Class Grade C
1. Antonio Fornos (The White Walkers, USA III.11)
2. Yao Kaihao (Jim Almeidas Janitor Crew, USA III.10)
3. Jerry Roman (Big Gulp Reincarnated, USA II.4)

23 – Class Grade C+
1. Rupert Vogel (Cassville Yuck, USA II.1)
2. Kraig Miller (Straški navihanci, Slovenia II.1)
3. Tony Meade (Medsko, Utopia IV.8)*

24 Class Grade A-
1. Kristofer Sikes (Flashover, USA II.3)
2. Ade Taylor (Visionaries, USA III.6)
3. Dustin Artis (Red Head, Israel II.1)

25 Class Grade A
1. Bud Cates (Chicago Nightmare, USA III.6)
2. Michael Lugo (Desert Eagles, USA II.2)
3. Neil Kimball (Resurrected Fury, USA III.5)

26 – Class Grade A-
1. Alfonso Conejos (ETBU Tigers, USA II.1)
2. Efrain Goldstein (Sant Mateu, Spain ACBB)
3. Charles Nguyen (The Phantom Thieves, USA II.1)
4. James Uchenna (Cross Chargers, USA IV.10)

* indicates for sale or possible sale soon

Last edited by Mediocrity at 02/09/2023 00:51:32

This Post:
317090.6 in reply to 317090.5
Date: 05/10/2023 20:56:25
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
End of Season 60 Update

Hi everyone!

This was an exciting season for the USA National Team. This season was the World's competition which we qualified for through a play-in against Lithuania. We had some ups and downs, but overall it was our best appearance in 10 or more seasons.

The first group stage consisted of 7 games. We started off with a nice two wins running outside offenses against two of the weaker teams in the group (Argentina and South Africa). The next matchup was against Poland where they correctly guessed our switch to an inside offense. The game was close until the end where Poland went up double digits due to late game free throws. Following our game against Poland, we went up against Israel, one of the strongest National Teams. We tried a more unique lineup which ended up performing poorly (as well as a missed GDP) and we lost by 20. However, we bounced back in a must win game against Italy where we won by double digits with Curt Moeller (player on NBBA team Bananahorns) leading the way scoring 32 points. We then played Hong Kong, the team in 1st in the group and we took them down to the wire where the game was within a few points until the end where our team fouled a bunch which hurt our Point Differential.

All of this put us in a win or go to consolation game against Chile where we went all in with a CT as we needed to win by at least 11 points. We were able to get revenge from the Americas semi-finals and pulled out a 13 point victory, securing the 4th spot to advance to the next group and sending Chile to consolation. Alex Corbett (on my team Wasted Potential at the time) lead the way with 30 points on 14-16 shooting!

3 games carried over into the next group, unfortunately for us it was our 3 losses. With 3 losses and low enthusiasm, our chances were low to advance, but we had a dream! Lead by Brett Kang's (Tranquil) 27 points we beat the Netherlands even on less effort and enthusiasm! Maurice Sparks (Durban Allstars) contributed with 4 blocks. The next game we faced world power house China, and despite landing one guess and playing a 3-2 zone to guard their outside offense, we lost by 19. Our next two games were good showings despite little opportunity to advance. We beat Spain (who is currently in the Finals with less enthusiasm, running similar tactics. Gibson Aboki of Forza Jazz (NBBA) scored 23 points. In our final game we beat the other World Finalist, Germany, with a CT vs their TIE.

Overall I see this season as a success! While making the semis and competing for the title is ideal, we advanced to the final group for the first time in 10 seasons! We also secured 3 wins in the final group to place 6th and moved our world rank up to #5 for the first time in years (we dropped back to #6 last week). There is still much more to do to make ourselves into the best NT in the world, but this season showed progress.

This was likely the last worlds competition for multiple long-time NT players Luis Turland, Tommy Gilbert, Curt Moeller, and Alex Corbett. While we lose some of our talent to age, we are adding back even more. It may take a few seasons, but some of the players getting trained up right now are some of our best talent we have seen!

For any interested in helping with the NT, send me a message. If you have a prospect, want training advice, or just want buzzerbeater advice (or just talk) in general then I am happy to help. Feel free to jump on the discord as well where many USA users discuss their teams!

This Post:
317090.7 in reply to 317090.6
Date: 05/26/2023 00:10:33
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Here are the top prospects for each age group in S61! I haven’t yet reached out to most managers about training plans, if you have a good prospect then expect a bb-mail soon. Your player not on here? You’ve just got to train harder! Feel free to reach out to me about any prospect you may have! Often times it is the player trained the longest that makes the team and we could use players that are trained as long as possible.

18 – Class Grade C+

1. Robert Quiroz (The vilEliminators, Utopia III.13)
2. Nigel Sandoval (Ric Flair Drippers, Utopia IV.55)
3. Graig Wilson (Red Star Gunners, USA IV.28)

19 – Class Grade A
1. Harvey Lahaye (Jungle Fever, USA IV.21)
2. Rodger Cisneros (Yuckville Cass, Utopia III.5)
3. Shayne Banner (Gotham Knights, France III.14)

20 – Class Grade A-
1. Jeffrey Nagle (MasterofDisaster, Italy IV.36)
2. Patrick Randle (Harrisburg Hammerheads, USA III.6)
3. David Sohn (I Believe That We will Win, USA IV.12)

21 – Class Grade D-
1. Xavier McNair (southpaw army, USA IV.7)
2. Warner Acevedo (Mindless Zombies, USA III.11)
3. Jackie Gresham (Paris Peacocks, USA IV.17)

22 – Class Grade A-
1. Louis Jolly (Samantha Basket Utopica, Utopia III.13)
2. Frankie Prescott (La Schraïoune Academy, France III.4)
3. Rod Jackson (工程狗, Hong Kong III.1)

23 – Class Grade D
1. Antonio Fornos (The White Walkers, USA II.4)
3. Yao Kaihao (Jim Almeidas Janitor Crew, USA II.1)

24 Class Grade B+
1. Kraig Miller (Straški navihanci, Slovenia SKL)
2. Rupert Vogel (Wasted Potential, USA NBBA)
3. José Vicente Iragui (Ponitki Sokoły, Poland III.8)

25 Class Grade A+
1. Kristofer Sikes (Flashover, USA II.3)
2. Ade Taylor (Visionaries, USA II.1)
3. Dustin Artis (Red Head, Israel II.1)

26 – Class Grade A
1. Bud Cates (Chicago Nightmare, USA III.6)
2. Michael Lugo (Desert Eagles, USA II.2)
3. Neil Kimball (Resurrected Fury, USA III.5)

Last edited by Mediocrity at 05/27/2023 15:18:29

This Post:
317090.8 in reply to 317090.7
Date: 08/22/2023 22:33:37
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
No updates during the season but we brought home the Gold in the continental championship this season! We are moving onto World's as the 2nd ranked national team for the first time in over 20 seasons so things are looking great! I'll update the best prospects list soon.

This Post:
317090.9 in reply to 317090.8
Date: 09/04/2023 18:24:36
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Game one we were able to beat France in a thriller! 2 point victory sealed with a layup and a block at the end.

Now here are the top prospects of S62! If your player did not make the list that doesn't mean they are not on track. Send me a bb-mail if you want to know how they are doing!

This does not count towards the contest this season, S63 rankings will be used.

Top Prospects S62

18 – Class Grade C+
1. Pompeio Biduido (Lucas Losers, USA IV.21)
2. Nathan Bryant (Kurgans, USA IV.28)
3. Jacob Storey (Hazards to Society, Utopia IV.23)

19 – Class Grade B
1. Robert Quiroz (The vilEliminators, Utopia IV.36)
2. Lawrence Kennedy (US DAGGERS, USA IV.1)
3. Nigel Sandoval (Ric Flair Drippers, Utopia IV.55)

20 – Class Grade A+
1. Rodger Cisneros (Yuckville Cass, Utopia IV.31)
2. Shayne Banner (Gotham Knights, France IV.8)
3. Harvey Lahaye (Jungle Fever, USA IV.21)

21 – Class Grade A
1. Patrick Randle (Harrisburg Hammerheads, USA III.16)
2. Bob Kyle (Silverbacks, USA IV.6)
3. Jeffrey Nagle (MasterofDisaster, Italy IV.36)

22 – Class Grade D-
1. Douglas Sanderson (IMPERADOR, Italy IV.40)
2. Jackie Gresham (Paris Peacocks, USA IV.17)
3. Xavier McNair (southpaw army, USA III.11)

23 – Class Grade A-
1. Rod Woodward (Resurrected Fury, USA III.5)
2. Louis Jolly (Samantha Basket Utopica, Utopia III.13)
3. Jeff Amos (Alaska Alphas, USA III.4)

24 Class Grade C-
3. Yao Kaihao (Jim Almeidas Janitor Crew, USA II.1)

25 Class Grade B+

3. Tony Meade (California Supreme, USA IV.22)

26 – Class Grade A

1. Kristofer Sikes (Flashover,USA NBBA)
2. Ade Taylor (Visionaries, USA NBBA)
3. Dustin Artis (El Garito, Spain IV.23)

This Post:
317090.10 in reply to 317090.9
Date: 12/06/2023 23:10:16
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Updated list for this season for prospects! This will count towards the NT contest which I will release the results of soon, since I'm not awarding myself points, I've listed more prospects when my players are included in the top 3.

Top Prospects S63
18 – Class Grade A-
1. Gabriel Grimes (Blue Magic, USA IV.51)
2. Dan Hermon (Beard Club, Montenegro League CGBBL)
3. Tommy Bob Chow (LionPride, USA IV.11)

19 – Class Grade A-
1. Nathan Bryant (Hopkins Blue Jays, Utopia)
2. Jacob Storey (Hazards to Society, Utopia IV.23)
3. Mortadelo Ayuso (ElectricTriangles II, Utopia IV.29)
4. Pompeio Biduido (Lucas Losers, USA IV.21)

20 – Class Grade B+
1. Robert Quiroz (The vilEliminators, Utopia IV.36)
2. Lawrence Kennedy (US DAGGERS, USA IV.1)
3. Nigel Sandoval (Ric Flair Drippers, Utopia IV.55)

21 – Class Grade A+
1. Rodger Cisneros (Yuckville Cass, Utopia IV.31)
2. Harvey Lahaye (Jungle Fever, USA IV.21)
3. Shayne Banner (Gotham Knights, France IV.8)

22 – Class Grade A
1. Giobbe Nicoletti (Michigan Blasters, USA IV.7)
1. Patrick Randle (Harrisburg Hammerheads, USA III.16)
3. Bob Kyle (Silverbacks, USA IV.6)

23 – Class Grade D-
1. Xavier McNair (southpaw army, USA II.3)
2. Tracy Burleson (Potland Thorns, Spain IV.7)
3. Douglas Sanderson (IMPERADOR, Italy III.3)

24 – Class Grade B+
1. Rod Woodward (Resurrected Fury, USA II.4)
2. Louis Jolly (Samantha Basket Utopica, Utopia III.13)
3. Roscoe Anderson (Select Squad, Utopia IV.60)

25 Class Grade B-
2. Yao Kaihao (Jim Almeidas Janitor Crew, USA II.1)
3. Jerry Roman (Big Gulp Reincarnated, USA II.4)

26 Class Grade A-
3. José Vicente Iragui (Ponitki Sokoły, Poland II.3)
4. Tony Meade (California Supreme, USA IV.22)

Best Overall Prospect: Rodger Cisneros (Yuckville Cass, Utopia IV.31)

Last edited by Mediocrity at 01/02/2024 21:29:09

This Post:
317090.11 in reply to 317090.10
Date: 03/04/2024 20:47:03
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
We won gold at Americas!

We just completed our 2nd ever undefeated season with a win over Chile and will go into Worlds next season! Hoping we can go for that 2nd ever gold medal at worlds!